Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not ready for this thread. Please be civil so I don't have to :hitler: all of you

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I really see them trading Thibs, where and for what who knows. They won't fire and pay him.

They'll resign Butler. I don't get how people think they won't he's the prototype person and player the franchise keeps.

I don't see many trades even possible. I would be up for seeing what Tony Snell might bring, maybe somebody sees what he's got and thinks he could give them minutes, especially on his contract. The Bulls have gotten 1st round picks for worse players.

All things being equal I'd like to see a lineup of

McDermott Dunleavy
Mirotic Gibson
Noah Gasol
Butler
Rose Hinrich Moore

I think Noah and Gasol showed to be similar in several ways so being on the court at the same time depending on the opponents meant they couldn't do different things and slowed the offense. I would like to see more of a mass substitution like Jackson did, with veterans like Dunleavy, Gibson, Gasol and Hinrich generally playing against younger bench players from other teams and using their court smarts to advantage over inexperience. Gibson is better able to step away from the basket than Noah so he separates from Gasol, Dunleavy and Hinrich can get to the corners and spread the floor but also drive to the basket.

Don't want Brooks as a back up, prefer to trade Snell, maybe Nazr finally retires

add a 6-6 veteran shooter behind Butler, a couple of draft picks to fill the bench

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think this thread's been civil so far.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Bulls desperately need athleticism. It was a joke that JR Smith, Shumpert and Thompson were beating the Bulls to every loose ball. When you have an 8 man rotation and 5 of those 8 are Gasol, Noah, Dunleavy, Hinrich and Brooks that is just not good. Bulls need to get younger and more athletic.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really see them trading Thibs, where and for what who knows. They won't fire and pay him.

They'll resign Butler. I don't get how people think they won't he's the prototype person and player the franchise keeps.

I don't see many trades even possible. I would be up for seeing what Tony Snell might bring, maybe somebody sees what he's got and thinks he could give them minutes, especially on his contract. The Bulls have gotten 1st round picks for worse players.

McDermott Dunleavy
Mirotic Gibson
Noah Gasol
Butler
Rose Hinrich Moore

I think Noah and Gasol showed to be similar in several ways so being on the court at the same time depending on the opponents meant they couldn't do different things and slowed the offense. I would like to see more of a mass substitution like Jackson did, with veterans like Dunleavy, Gibson, Gasol and Hinrich generally playing against younger bench players from other teams and using their court smarts to advantage over inexperience. Gibson is better able to step away from the basket than Noah so he separates from Gasol, Dunleavy and Hinrich can get to the corners and spread the floor but also drive to the basket.

Don't want Brooks as a back up, prefer to trade Snell, maybe Nazr finally retires

add a 6-6 veteran shooter behind Butler, a couple of draft picks to fill the bench
I disagree on trading Snell, just for the sake of trading Snell.

I think one of the veterans needs to be the odd man out in Gibson/Gasol/Noah. I think its safe to say Gasol isn't going anywhere.

Dunleavy is a case of will he sign for the Vet minimum and can he give it another year of three point shooting? If not, part ways with him and I'd go with a SF role of Snell/McDermott. McDermott definitely needs to see time next season so we know if we have a bust or not.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

McDermott Dunleavy
Mirotic Gibson
Noah Gasol
Butler
Rose Hinrich Moore

I agree with most of it, but I think they should move Noah while he may still have trade value.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What you do in the offseason really depends on how competitive you want the team to be. Knowing GarPax, we're going to end up with a similar roster to what we see now. We'll be in the NBA's no man's land.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Personally a realistic (with a mix of my own what I would do if I realistically could) off season is probably going to look something like this:

You're stuck with Derrick Rose no matter what.

You're stuck with Pau Gasol no matter what, unless some team is stupid enough to give you a value offer for an old big man, highly doubtful. The contract is fairly friendly anyways.

Then you have Butler, who is a restricted free agent, who is definitely not going anywhere. He gets a max deal. That max deal will push the franchise into the luxury tax.

Thus, knowing JR, and the fact this team failed miserably to live up to championship expectations, is not a championship team and he will not want to pay that tax. Thus you will see some sort of cost cutting trade made. Taj Gibson is the likely man out, though I'd rather see Noah traded for some value if it can still be had.

So if I could, I'd trade Noah and if they wanted another piece not named above (well Taj Gibson could go too but that's a lot of money)... for a future 1st and possibly a young prospect, then obviously a salary filler. That's probably asking for too much, but its kind of a get what you can moment with Noah.

The more I think about Dunleavy the more I think he's just gone.

So lets just assume we could do that... we're looking a team next year of:

PG: Rose, signed backup FA, Hinrich
SG: Butler, signed backup FA/draft pick
SF: Snell, McDermott
PF: Gibson, Niko
C: Gasol, prospect/draft pick/FA

Obviously there's other holes that can be addressed here and there but thats the jist of it. That team is not better on paper than this year's team, but it's a we'll see what we got kind of thing.

Niko needs a defensive coach to work with him this summer, and Snell and McDermott obviously need a lot of coaching this summer.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
At this point I'd only say Rose, Butler and Mirotic are safe. Everyone else can go if the Bulls decide to do that. I'd give Snell another shot as he showed some signs of good this season. Other than that, time to get rid of Noah, Hinrich and Taj.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know why I'm posting this because I don't want to think about it yet, but here I go anyway

Imo Gibson is the guy that the FO chooses to punt. His contract is more movable and he would probably seem to hold more value than Noah right now as he can still be a two way player and a quality starter on some team that needs a PF. So Gibson gets moved for scraps. Noah and Gasol continue to be our starting frontcourt. Niko takes all the backup PF minutes.

I'm 50/50 on Dunleavy staying. I can see it either way. So I'll just say they keep him on a vet min deal. For the first part of next season, he's probably our starting SF.

Jimmy gets the max. Idk exactly where that puts us tax wise. Scoot said that puts us in the tax, but I think after moving someone we'd be back below.

So we have our whole starting lineup from this year intact. I'm sure that will go over well with everyone.

Idk who we draft. Idk how much room we have to sign people.

We roll with something like
Rose/Hinrich
Butler/Snell
Dunelavy/McDermott/draft pick or FA swingman
Gasol/Niko
Noah/probably one of a draft pick or FA/Bairstow I guess

Onwards with mediocrity!

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Hoiberg would not turn down millions to stay in freaking Ames, Iowa.

If you think there's no chance of him turning it down, you don't know him at all. He grew up there, he played college ball there, he now coaches a Top 10 program there. He is a GOD in that town. They called him the "Mayor" in high school because of his popularity, and it's only snowballed since then. That is not easy to leave. ISU will not give him up without a fight. Sure they can't pay him like an NBA club, but he does make 2.6 million a year (plus bonuses) there and the cost of living is MUCH lower than Chicago.

Love to see him as Bulls coach, but I don't think you understand that he's turned down NBA overtures before and may do it again...don't get your hopes TOO high.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stolen from Reddit:

Player2015-162016-172017-18
Derrick Rose$20,093,063$21,323,250
Jimmy Butler$15,856,500$17,045,738$18,234,975
Joakim Noah$13,400,000
Taj Gibson$8,500,000$8,950,000
Pau Gasol$7,448,760$7,769,520
Nikola Mirotic$5,543,725$5,782,450
Kirk Hinrich$2,870,000
Doug McDermott$2,380,440$2,483,040$3,294,994
Tony Snell$1,535,880$2,368,327
E'Twaun Moore$1,015,421
Cameron Bairstow$845,059$980,431
Totals$79,488,43866,702,756
A couple of notes here :
1)Jimmy Butler is obviously a RFA but the Bulls have said that he's getting the max. The numbers are from here

2) Kirk's salary this year and Pau's next year are player options. (italic)

3) Bairstow has a team option for next season, while Snell and McDermott both have team options later in their contracts. (bold)

4) E'Twaun has a team option too for next season, but it's only a partial guarantee. Source

5) The total for the upcoming season does include Kirk's option and the team options (Bairstow, E'Twaun). The number is 77.627.958 without the team options since and I believe we won't keep E'twaun and Bairstow but Kirk will stay. Without Kirk, the numbers fall to 74,757,958

Mike Dunleavy, Nazr Mohammed, Aaron Brooks are now free agents. The projected salary cap for the 2015-16 season is 67.1 million, tax 81.6 (Notice the difference in 2016-17, though). Meaning we are under the tax but (way) over the cap. Personally, I would like to see us keep Mike one more year if it's possible, which I think is with the MLE. I'm not sure though. Other than that, we can only sign players for the minimum, I believe, unless we trade someone. By the way, the totals don't even include the player(s) we are going to draft, so we are very, very close to the tax (which is another reason I believe E'twaun, Bairstow are gone.)

I am not an expert. I could be wrong. I know there's already an offseason thread, just though it'd be nice to have a table of all the contracts. I believe we should draft a PG who can shoot the 3, re-sign Mike if possible and add some shooters, or rather try and use those we have more (McDermott). Also, I hope we at least try to trade Taj. Obviously we have to see what happens with the coach too.
What do you think? What are our biggest needs?

So apparently with re-signing Butler we wouldn't hit the tax, obviously rookies and any vet signings would put us over the tax though.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls need to blow it up...message couldn't be any clearer

im not gonna watch this team next year if this squad is back...i honestly hate this team and i don't enjoy watching them....i stuck through it this year but wont do it again next year

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls need to blow it up...i really don't think the message could be any clearer

its not just a coaching problem....we simply don't have we don't have a championship caliber roster

im not gonna watch this team next year if this team is back because i have a real dislike for them and i don't enjoy watching them....i stuck through it this year but wont do it again next year
So realistically, what moves do you make?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
So realistically, what moves do you make?

pretty much trade off everybody but Butler and the young guys and start the rebuild

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hinrich and Noah free up $16M - those are your first two gone.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
pretty much trade off everybody but Butler and the young guys and start the rebuild
Well given Rose's contract... not realistic what so ever. Rose is untradeable at this point in time.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Well given Rose's contract... not realistic what so ever. Rose is untradeable at this point in time.

put this way: anybody thats not 26 or younger and is tradable get them the hell out of here