"I've given up on x player." Help me understand this concept.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can someone explain this to me. It really makes no sense at all. What does giving up on a player, or saying "I'm done with him" mean? What does it do? Is it a coping mechanism? Is it a line you've drawn in the sand, and you'll feel vindicated once the team officially gives up on this player, too?

I think I've given up on a player by default when he's no longer a member of the team, or it's clear that he's not going to start, and is no longer part of the team's future plans. But I don't remember ever declaring like, "Let the records show, that on 10/14/2022, I, Sevvy, future CCS hall of famer, has OFFICIALLY given up on x player."

I kind of think it's dumb dumb fan speak to say this kind of shit. Am I wrong? Help me wrap my brane around this shit. Because some of you motherfuckers declare this kind of shit a LOT. Lol. Thanks in advance, *******.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Can someone explain this to me. It really makes no sense at all. What does giving up on a player, or saying "I'm done with him" mean? What does it do? Is it a coping mechanism? Is it a line you've drawn in the sand, and you'll feel vindicated once the team officially gives up on this player, too?

I think I've given up on a player by default when he's no longer a member of the team, or it's clear that he's not going to start, and is no longer part of the team's future plans. But I don't remember ever declaring like, "Let the records show, that on 10/14/2022, I, Sevvy, future CCS hall of famer, has OFFICIALLY given up on x player."

I kind of think it's dumb dumb fan speak to say this kind of shit. Am I wrong? Help me wrap my brane around this shit. Because some of you motherfuckers declare this kind of shit a LOT. Lol. Thanks in advance, *******.

I think the HOF is only for White PPL n their ALTs. If you add my alts up, Im def HOF material, but they won't grade me for my on e-field accomplishments. Something about TO.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, all giving up on someone means is that you've lowered your expectations for that player.

I "gave up" on Mitch sometime in 2019. What I meant by that was that I no longer believed he had the potential to develop into a player worth a second contract. There wasn't much to do about it at the time other than hope I was wrong and wait until the opportunity presented itself to replace him.

From a team building perspective though, if there is a player that I've "given up" on and a viable replacement becomes reasonably attainable, there is a very good chance that I will count it as a strike against the regime if they don't attempt to get that player.

What does it mean if the regime has enough negative things that I've given up on THEM? It means I'll probably:
1) Dick rip on a message board
2) Be more willing to spend time with the family instead of watching games
3) Boo if I happen to already have tickets
4) Probably spend less on merch, not that I spend much anyways

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just think, if Smith/Monty aren’t resigned, then Pace only drafted these guys that got a 2nd contract:

Whitehair
Mustipher
Goldman
Jackson
Cohen

Probably Jaylon Johnson, Mooney as well.
0 1st rounders if Fields doesn’t do a 180

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I’m ready with VJJ

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm done with sevvy
I’ve given up on his dirty ass

And let the record be known…mahomes was my guy in 2017. Bc im a goddamn genius

And im better than you

But for real he was my guy. I wanted jamal adams or a trade back for mahomes or trade for jimmy g and pick up that miami qb in the 2nd. Tf was his name….??

But mahomes was my qb1 that draf. God damn I’m the man. Thx

Edit: brad kaaya. That mf

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
I haven't given up on JaMarcus Webb or Kevin White....Bears need oline and wr right????

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I haven't given up on JaMarcus Webb or Kevin White....Bears need oline and wr right????
They would probably both be starting right now. :ROFLMAO:

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm done with sevvy
He's alright. I've only given up on one poster because he's a complete prick. I'd wager half of his posts are calling people idiots because they don't agree with him. He also thinks he's smart because he knows basic grammar. Not saying much for the poor guy. You know, I could point that shit out too, but you know what? It doesn't really matter. Congrats sir! You're so

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He's alright. I've only given up on one poster because he's a complete prick. I'd wager half of his posts are calling people idiots because they don't agree with him. He also thinks he's smart because he knows basic grammar. Not saying much for the poor guy. You know, I could point that shit out too, but you know what? It doesn't really matter. Congrats sir! You're so
Jeesh sorry!

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just think, if Smith/Monty aren’t resigned, then Pace only drafted these guys that got a 2nd contract:

Whitehair
Mustipher
Goldman
Jackson
Cohen

Probably Jaylon Johnson, Mooney as well.
0 1st rounders if Fields doesn’t do a 180
I’m not really sure where you’re going with this? Let’s say Smith and Monty are not re-signed. Does that mean they were bad draft picks?

It kind of goes against what I thought you’re argument was. I thought your argument would be Pace sucked at his job because his drafted players were not re-sign to a second contract. Then you throw out if Smith and Monty are not signed on their second contracts scenario and it defeats your entire argument that I’m assuming you would be making. If you could just clarify what your point was that would be awesome, thank you.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m not really sure where you’re going with this? Let’s say Smith and Monty are not re-signed. Does that mean they were bad draft picks?

It kind of goes against what I thought you’re argument was. I thought your argument would be Pace sucked at his job because his drafted players were not re-sign to a second contract. Then you throw out if Smith and Monty are not signed on their second contracts scenario and it defeats your entire argument that I’m assuming you would be making. If you could just clarify what your point was that would be awesome, thank you.
Thinking must be hard for you. You can’t run an organization and fail to draft players worthy of a second contract. It just won’t work. This isn’t hard but I guess you simply can’t grasp that.