J’Marcus Webb Return??

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man...was Osemele a guy?

I'm starting to laugh histerically recalling the level of guys they have tried to hype as NFL starting tackles. Its a bad joke...that they would do that and then do it again, and convince us some guy who never played for the Ravens two years ago for a game and a half with a decent PPF score, or some UDFA was going to be the starting RT....

Fabiluje, Mills, ....it ends up being like 2 of these guys per season they tried going back 20 years and once upon a time Jerry Angelo got desperate and signed 30 something year olds everyone knew could play and they played even a couple more years than we thought.

Other than that...the investment history is exactly the result history...just total shit. Unacceptable investment into o-line for years at a time despite it holding the team hostage, destroying every QB that sniffed a dream, and cycled us through coach, gm, coach, gm, at the snails pace the McCaskey's illbegotten loyalty and trust burns.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, good to know he is frugal. One less thing I need to lose sleep over.

That entire tweet screams of "please fucking sponsor me"

yourface.png

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even now Pace has been here how long? And his biggest investment into the tackle position is Bobbie Massie off a failed year at Arizona, they didn't want him anymore.

And the decision to re-sign the mediocre undersize left tackle he inherrited. A guy who has been the most available, most consistent, most unspectacular stalwart at LT for a while.

For some reason Pace has lacked at addressing the big value positions with his own draft picks.

Its time for him to pull this build together so hopefully we see those necessary investments get made soon.We need to be buyers for one more free agency probably. Just buy that OLB if Gruden scoffs at the price for instance.

Mack/Nichols or Goldman/Howard?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember Biff being some sort of Webb Fan Boy, but he did have a strong stance that Bushrod was not much of an upgrade and there was no chance he would get benched in favor of a rookie Jordan Mills.

Oh man....member when Biff got so mudd7 about Mills that he even said he would never post here again if Webb was benched. Then just kept posting here anyhow.

Classic Biff right there!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a minute though the Vikings had him and I remember it was really fucking annoying because Webb was like small sized on their line that averaged 340 lbs and could road grade 8 yards before Adrian Peterson emerged on the Savanahh galloping like a fucking gleaming frothy horse with eye blinders and scared...running full.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even now Pace has been here how long? And his biggest investment into the tackle position is Bobbie Massie off a failed year at Arizona, they didn't want him anymore.

And the decision to re-sign the mediocre undersize left tackle he inherrited. A guy who has been the most available, most consistent, most unspectacular stalwart at LT for a while.

For some reason Pace has lacked at addressing the big value positions with his own draft picks.

Its time for him to pull this build together so hopefully we see those necessary investments get made soon.We need to be buyers for one more free agency probably. Just buy that OLB if Gruden scoffs at the price for instance.

Mack/Nichols or Goldman/Howard?

Ugh...what? Want to try that again?

https://xer0hour.com/lenomassiepbe.png

lenomassiepbe.png

Say what you want about his penalties last season but Charles Leno Jr. was a steal where he was drafted and he was signed to a solid contract that is well below where he should be paid based on performance.

Even Massie for all the shit we give him was exactly in the middle among all RT's in the NFL despite giving up more pressures than any of us would like to see. The above list is for all NFL tackles.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fucking jmarcus Webb... He actually refers to himself in the third person in a fucking tweet. Like he is some kind of thing, so much so that his tweets need narration.

What a joke.

Oh and FTR that's a no thanks on seeing him in Navy again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Other than that...the investment history is exactly the result history...just total shit.

They spent two first rounders in the span of 3 years; what other position got that kind of attention? Sure, the picks ended up being shit, but let's try to avoid making up bullshit.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You guys warm the cockles of my heart. I especially love the crowing about Bushrod and Mills two guys that were just as bad as Webb and are both now gone.

The point that was made some 6 years ago was neither Mills or Bushrod would be much of an upgrade over Webb despite those on the board lauding Emery for signing a washed up pressure prone LT and drafting and starting an under sized fifth round guard level prospect to start at RT.

Most everyone on here is still pissed about the OT position despite the massive upgrades made at both positions. Leno is a top-10 level LT and Massie is a nice average RT that has far more good games than he has bad games which is to say Massie has about 10 good games for every bad game.

Webb is gone and rightfully so, but so are the guys that replaced him also rightfully so.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Ugh...what? Want to try that again?

https://xer0hour.com/lenomassiepbe.png

lenomassiepbe.png

Say what you want about his penalties last season but Charles Leno Jr. was a steal where he was drafted and he was signed to a solid contract that is well below where he should be paid based on performance.

Even Massie for all the shit we give him was exactly in the middle among all RT's in the NFL despite giving up more pressures than any of us would like to see. The above list is for all NFL tackles.

The nice thing about holding penalties are they are entirely subjective and aren't indicative of poor play.

Leno has strung together better seasons than Bushrod EVER did during his best years in New Orleans. Yes Leno has given up less sacks and less pressures than Bushrod did in any of the years he made the Pro Bowl.

It's good to see one poster point out and defend precisely how good Leno is and how good enough Massie is. Yes, the Bears could probably do better than Massie, but Massie has been good enough for the Bears to focus on upgrading other positions of need in the mean time.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Massie is good enough that I have solid doubts about a rookie tackle doing any better. Perhaps a veteran upgrade would be a better path if you're looking for an instant upgrade. Otherwise you're likely looking at some growing pains in forcing a RT change.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Massie is good enough that I have solid doubts about a rookie tackle doing any better. Perhaps a veteran upgrade would be a better path if you're looking for an instant upgrade. Otherwise you're likely looking at some growing pains in forcing a RT change.

I'd be willing to endure growing pains for an upgrade personally. I don't think Massie is very good. I'm satisfied with how the rest of the line looks, or should look. Hopefully Long can stay healthy.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be willing to endure growing pains for an upgrade personally. I don't think Massie is very good. I'm satisfied with how the rest of the line looks, or should look. Hopefully Long can stay healthy.

I'll give Massie another season before I jump the gun saying he needs to be replaced. After all you need to remember the shit show that was playing left of him...a.k.a. Kyle "WTF AM I DOING" Long and *insert random scrub here* when Long went down.

Maybe Hiestand can work some of his magic with him? Maybe Hiestand has some of that magic Tice polish for Massie?

polish.gif

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bwahahaha...start a Webb thread and fucking Biff comes out of the woodwork. If only he had a blog to manage rather than creeping around here...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'll give Massie another season before I jump the gun saying he needs to be replaced. After all you need to remember the shit show that was playing left of him...a.k.a. Kyle "WTF AM I DOING" Long and *insert random scrub here* when Long went down.

Maybe Hiestand can work some of his magic with him? Maybe Hiestand has some of that magic Tice polish for Massie?

polish.gif

I remember Hiestand in his first go-round here and pretty much everyone wanted him fired.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember Hiestand in his first go-round here and pretty much everyone wanted him fired.

That isn't exactly the memory I have of Hiestand myself. In fact I would say he got the most out of a pretty rag tag bunch of offensive linemen.