Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That isn't exactly the memory I have of Hiestand myself. In fact I would say he got the most out of a pretty rag tag bunch of offensive linemen.

It was good in 05/06 with Tait/Garza/Kruetz/Brown/Miller, then was generally terrible until his firing. I honestly wouldn't call that group rag tag. Wouldn't say the downfall was all his fault, as the players just got old and Angelo never bothered finding a competent replacement, but he wasn't being pronounced as the coaching genius he is now. Honestly, the love he's getting now is reminiscent of all the Tice hype.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was good in 05/06 with Tait/Garza/Kruetz/Brown/Miller, then was generally terrible until his firing. I honestly wouldn't call that group rag tag. Wouldn't say the downfall was all his fault, as the players just got old and Angelo never bothered finding a competent replacement, but he wasn't being pronounced as the coaching genius he is now. Honestly, the love he's getting now is reminiscent of all the Tice hype.

I don't think you would find many people that played for Hiestand that will say a bad thing about his coaching.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't think you would find many people that played for Hiestand that will say a bad thing about his coaching.

Meh, you can say that for most players/coaches. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but I think he's getting pretty overhyped. Just don't remember him being any type of miracle worker the first time he was here, and a ton of people wanted him gone. Then again, most people wanted that entire offensive staff canned.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Hiestand's biggest issue was the talent he had to work work with. Omiyale, Pace, John St. Clair, Josh Beekman guys like that. Perhaps if they had retained him they would have never implemented the Webb experiment...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys warm the cockles of my heart. I especially love the crowing about Bushrod and Mills two guys that were just as bad as Webb and are both now gone.

The point that was made some 6 years ago was neither Mills or Bushrod would be much of an upgrade over Webb despite those on the board lauding Emery for signing a washed up pressure prone LT and drafting and starting an under sized fifth round guard level prospect to start at RT.

Most everyone on here is still pissed about the OT position despite the massive upgrades made at both positions. Leno is a top-10 level LT and Massie is a nice average RT that has far more good games than he has bad games which is to say Massie has about 10 good games for every bad game.

Webb is gone and rightfully so, but so are the guys that replaced him also rightfully so.

Translation: Hey guys I was wrong and lied about my pronise but instead of admitting it Ill just deflect blame on others

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Translation: Hey guys I was wrong and lied about my pronise but instead of admitting it Ill just deflect blame on others

Deflect what exactly. I offered to make a bet and no one had the confidence to take me up on it. A bet works two ways, someone has to accept the terms. No one wanted to stake their standing on this board to defend Mills as a long time starter.

The entire premise was around Mills being better than Webb. While Mills beat out Webb in the immediate, he was never a better player. Mills was as bad and was dispatched just as quickly.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Deflect what exactly. I offered to make a bet and no one had the confidence to take me up on it. A bet works two ways, someone has to accept the terms. No one wanted to stake their standing on this board to defend Mills as a long time starter.

The entire premise was around Mills being better than Webb. While Mills beat out Webb in the immediate, he was never a better player. Mills was as bad and was dispatched just as quickly.

Wrong. If someone says, I'll do X if Y happens. Then there is no need for an acceptance on another person's part. There is nothing to accept.

Now if you said you'd bet someone concerning Webb, and the loser has to leave to board, then yes there needs an acceptance. But if memory serves, it did not happen that way.

And I'm sure someone can dig up the post where you made the statement.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are All Butt hurt because Biff used to be a real asshole when chatting here on CCS. Absolutely intolerant to any dissenting views from his narrative and He'd back up his point of view with bullshit that was linearly logical to his argument. BUT this is exactly what anyone can do anytime to anyside of any issue with enough bullshit

Now he's just half the asshole he used to be and consequently got past the Red Bar Insignia.... Remember ?

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
What is the age OT's are at their most dominant? Does Massie at 28 have room to develop any further? I haven't been focusing on our tackles but they haven't stuck out at any point as a real issue this last year. With our two OT 26/28 years old, we should try hard to develop some guys on the cheap through the lower rounds of the draft.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are All Butt hurt because Biff used to be a real asshole when chatting here on CCS. Absolutely intolerant to any dissenting views from his narrative and He'd back up his point of view with bullshit that was linearly logical to his argument. BUT this is exactly what anyone can do anytime to anyside of any issue with enough bullshit

Now he's just half the asshole he used to be and consequently got past the Red Bar Insignia.... Remember ?

Lipstick on a pig doesn't turn it into a dog. Its still a pig.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This post is literally deflection. Deflection of the fact that you talked shit up and down these boards and then were completely and totally wrong.

Thats why people bring this shit up. Because of how much shit you talked and how wrong you were.

And you could make it all go away if you just owned up to how dumb it was. But no, you just keep deflecting and thats what makes it fun to keep bringing it back up.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wait, why is everyone Butt hurt? I didn't follow that

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This post is literally deflection. Deflection of the fact that you talked shit up and down these boards and then were completely and totally wrong.

Thats why people bring this shit up. Because of how much shit you talked and how wrong you were.

And you could make it all go away if you just owned up to how dumb it was. But no, you just keep deflecting and thats what makes it fun to keep bringing it back up.

What was I wrong about? The entire argument was about Mills being a better player than Webb. Webb was shitcanned in the immediate and Mills shortly there after.

The entire argument was based around the long term viability of either Webb or Mills. Mills won the battle but lost the war.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What was I wrong about? The entire argument was about Mills being a better player than Webb. Webb was shitcanned in the immediate and Mills shortly there after.

The entire argument was based around the long term viability of either Webb or Mills. Mills won the battle but lost the war.

Hasn't Mills started every game the last two seasons? And Webb, what...doesn't have a job?

Damn you suck at this.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wait, why is everyone Butt hurt? I didn't follow that

It seems like everyone has it "out" for Biff. Not saying anyone in particular, but as soon as he posts anything there is a gaggle of people against him. So I metaphorically used the term butt hurt to try and encapsulate the feeling people must have against the dude.

It just always seems like everyone is "piling on".

But I get your point about apologizing. He should just say " I fucked up about, such and such, and really would like to post here under normal circumstances like most everyone else. I am sorry for butt hurtin you all. Please don't gang up on me anymore"
Now Soblesky, just copy and paste that last sentence and be done with it.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It seems like everyone has it "out" for Biff. Not saying anyone in particular, but as soon as he posts anything there is a gaggle of people against him. So I metaphorically used the term butt hurt to try and encapsulate the feeling people must have against the dude.

It just always seems like everyone is "piling on".

But I get your point about apologizing. He should just say " I fucked up about, such and such, and really would like to post here under normal circumstances like most everyone else. I am sorry for butt hurtin you all. Please don't gang up on me anymore"
Now Soblesky, just copy and paste that last sentence and be done with it.

Is that you, Biff's mom?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Losing the war is the worse option of the two...

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Losing the war is the worse option of the two...

Wouldn't worry about all'a' this, Biff. ijustposthere posts here, and that about sums it up. Nothing to learn, nothing to know.

Like he said, he just posts here . . .

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wouldn't worry about all'a' this, Biff. ijustposthere posts here, and that about sums it up. Nothing to learn, nothing to know.

Like he said, he just posts here . . .

ijustposthere on the brain, poopster.