James Jones: Chicago Bears 'Super Bowl contenders' with quarterback Derek Carr

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here's the deal .....if our organization is afraid of Mitch or any other Qb coming here and competing, then we aren't serious about winning.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
dennehy,
If ya keep reading the same thing about a player over & over somewhere there has to be some truth. Right?
If I go to the Pats MB and read various threads that say Brady is great and they'd hate to see him not end career in N.E. should I believe, as u say...." likely to be pretty unreliable information."?

With all this said..... yeah, I watch footage of players and come to my on conclusion.
--------

Perhaps.....but if ya keep reading the same thing over & over....at what point do u say....' I gotta look at this closer'?
Roughly 10 + ppl. have questioned Carr's heart on 2 different MB's. A lotta fans don't respect him as the answer at Qb.
The HC seems luke warm, the GM is talking about reevaluating the Raider Qb position . So what am I to believe?
-----------

Here's why I check out different sources. Before cutler came here, I didn't think he was the Bear Qb answer based on me seeing him and knowing he wasn't a winner nor a leader (Qb Jake Plummer was the real Bronco leader. I liked him too) .

Long story short, I wanted the Bronco perspective and it wasn't good the consensus was good riddance to jay. Me and a couple others tried to warn everyone, but to no avail. Now 8+ years later, with jay gone......people are more cautions & less complacent about the Qb position here.

When you say "i gotta look at this closer" I have already looked at it closer. He's a clear upgrade from Mitch. An average starting QB. I don't have any doubt about that really. Is he a perfect player? No, he's not close to that. That's never going to happen in this scenario.

10 plus people on a message board said something. Think about how far that it is away from anything meaningful. Think about what you could find if you combed through this message board.

For a guy who watches his own footage on so many players it's strange that you never talk about what you see and would rather make your judgments based on how many message board posters called someone a pussy.

I was never a fan of Cutler either. Has nothing to do with this. I am also not surprised that people on a Denver message board were saying good riddance after he demanded a trade away from their team.

Jake Plummer, huge leader, great warrior, totally meh player.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the deal .....if our organization is afraid of Mitch or any other Qb coming here and competing, then we aren't serious about winning.
They aren’t........

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
When you say "i gotta look at this closer" I have already looked at it closer. He's a clear upgrade from Mitch. An average starting QB. I don't have any doubt about that really. Is he a perfect player? No, he's not close to that. That's never going to happen in this scenario.

10 plus people on a message board said something. Think about how far that it is away from anything meaningful. Think about what you could find if you combed through this message board.

For a guy who watches his own footage on so many players it's strange that you never talk about what you see and would rather make your judgments based on how many message board posters called someone a pussy.

I was never a fan of Cutler either. Has nothing to do with this. I am also not surprised that people on a Denver message board were saying good riddance after he demanded a trade away from their team.

Jake Plummer, huge leader, great warrior, totally meh player.

We may differ on what it takes to be a winning Qb. 1) Yes....huge leader, great warrior......a guy who gets others to believe in him. 2) a guy who moves the chains and isn't turnover prone in critical situations.

The Broncos were winning with Jake. They insert cutler and start losing.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

dennehy

Liked Posts:
We may differ on what it takes to be a winning Qb. 1) Yes....huge leader, great warrior......a guy who gets others to believe in him. 2) a guy who moves the chains and isn't turnover prone in critical situations.

He was horrible with a bad team around him, and decent with a good team around him. Also led the league is INTs twice and career 1:1 TD:INT. Obviously turned it over alot in his time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

He was horrible with a bad team around him, and decent with a good team around him. Also led the league is INTs twice and career 1:1 TD:INT. Obviously turned it over alot in his time.

NOW ya wanna use INTS.?

OK....so IF ur talking about Plummer....he was a winner in Denver. cutler was not.

Fun fact.....the last time cutler was a winner, he was in H.S.?

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
NOW ya wanna use INTS.?

OK....so IF ur talking about Plummer....he was a winner in Denver. cutler was not.

Fun fact.....the last time cutler was a winner, he was in H.S.?

It was unfortunate he got hurt in 2011, that team was playing very well and then completely folded.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I thought the sarcasm would be obvious because the idea I would be talk about Plummer was so ridiculous.

I was talking about Cutler, who got hurt in 2011 when the Bears were playing really well and then they collapsed.
Do you follow the Chicago Bears?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I thought the sarcasm would be obvious because the idea I would be talk about Plummer was so ridiculous.

I was talking about Cutler, who got hurt in 2011 when the Bears were playing really well and then they collapsed.
Do you follow the Chicago Bears?

I didn't wanna assume....even with your attempt at sarcasm. :cool:

Look....I'm sure we can agree, jay was worthless and a loser. I doubt his teammates liked him. Right now.....I think he even has some kinda rift going with Brandon Marshall of all ppl.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
dennehy,
If ya keep reading the same thing about a player over & over somewhere there has to be some truth. Right?
If I go to the Pats MB and read various threads that say Brady is great and they'd hate to see him not end career in N.E. should I believe, as u say...." likely to be pretty unreliable information."?

With all this said..... yeah, I watch footage of players and come to my on conclusion.
--------

Perhaps.....but if ya keep reading the same thing over & over....at what point do u say....' I gotta look at this closer'?
Roughly 10 + ppl. have questioned Carr's heart on 2 different MB's. A lotta fans don't respect him as the answer at Qb.
The HC seems luke warm, the GM is talking about reevaluating the Raider Qb position . So what am I to believe?
-----------

Here's why I check out different sources. Before cutler came here, I didn't think he was the Bear Qb answer based on me seeing him and knowing he wasn't a winner nor a leader (Qb Jake Plummer was the real Bronco leader. I liked him too) .

Long story short, I wanted the Bronco perspective and it wasn't good the consensus was good riddance to jay. Me and a couple others tried to warn everyone, but to no avail. Now 8+ years later, with jay gone......people are more cautions & less complacent about the Qb position here.
Well, there may be a lot of clueless biased emo posters. Every bored has some.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here don't forget the D. Carr footage

For Run & Shoot. If you going to watch film probably a good idea to watch multiple film studies and get a range of opinions. Here are some from you to consider.

Last edited: