Jay Cutler is not a monster

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly that teacher didn't see it that way as one student stayed and the other continued to be a terrible journeyman

Perhaps the superintendent made the final call on that one? I would love to hear the behind the scenes account on how that entire decision came about.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps the superintendent made the final call on that one? I would love to hear the behind the scenes account on how that entire decision came about.

Me too actually, please someone write a tell all book about that terrible decision the management made.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Me too actually, please someone write a tell all book about that terrible decision the management made.

Well here is some common sense that probably helped. One was a QB that despite being on more than three teams had a losing record as a starter, more it's than td's in his career and was out of the league because he was terrible

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Well here is some common sense that probably helped. One was a QB that despite being on more than three teams had a losing record as a starter, more it's than td's in his career and was out of the league because he was terrible

And the QB they went with ending up costing them their jobs

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I'm as ready to move on from Cutler as anyone, but let's not pretend McCown would have been any better based on a few games where Alshon looked like megatron.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm as ready to move on from Cutler as anyone, but let's not pretend McCown would have been any better based on a few games where Alshon looked like megatron.

For me it's the decision to go with Jay as a franchise guy. Whether it was McCown or whomever replacing Jay, it would have been a better direction to go with, IMO. Why did they not just tag him if they thought there was a little something there?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
For me it's the decision to go with Jay as a franchise guy. Whether it was McCown or whomever replacing Jay, it would have been a better direction to go with, IMO. Why did they not just tag him if they thought there was a little something there?

Oh I completely agree, that contract is fucking ridiculous.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do agree they should have just franchised jay

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;X5tOUEVZpA4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5tOUEVZpA4[/video]

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coaches sometimes take seemingly dumb chances... sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Trusting your kicker to make a 47 yarder in a dome isn't the end of the world. I can easily think of many much worse calls. Just off the top of my head...

Bill Belichick went for it on 4th-down, up six points at their own 28 and lost the game vs Indy back in 2009. Bill Parcells as a rookie Jets coach called a halfback option pass from the Lions' 9 with 3 minutes remaining and trailing, 13-10. The pass is intercepted in the end zone and the Jets missed the playoffs. And nothing compares to Pete Carroll calling that dumb pass play instead of simply running the ball with Marshawn and losing the SB...

Lovie was even worse. Nothing will ever top calling a timeout, then challenging the ruling on a failed 4th down play to lose a 2nd timeout.

These gems were good too... http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-12-15/sports/0912140506_1_timeout-clock-management-smith

Again, nothing new. Queue Lovie's "we get off the bus running" and "Rex is our quarterback" repeated mantras.

Nobody was expecting him to turn Cutler into a Hall of Famer. We just wanted to see him improve at all. It's jut funny how Trestman was able to get Josh McCown to morph into the NFL's best QB by simply running the offense as it was designed... clearly the teaching wasn't being lost on him. One student listened and applied what he was taught, the other didn't. Again, not the teachers fault that one student failed to properly apply what he was being taught.

Regarding Lovie's quotes, yeah he liked to repeat the same few phrases. But he wasn't spouting off stupid shit like, "vaccinating success", "grow the man, grow the ball", "we are 0-0", blah blah blah.

Regarding the coach decisions you referenced, one speaks of arrogance, one speaks of surprise and I have no idea why Carroll decided to pass. But I don't recall any of those coaches giving a two minute explanation for not taking a timeout and incorrectly referencing probability. That was absurd. The FG call is inexplicable. It wasn't arrogance, it wasn't surprise, it was just plain stupid.

But you are saying that because Carroll did something that most consider foolish that it's ok for Trestman to do stupid things? That's acceptable? There are numerous reasons as to why Trestman lasted 2 years as a HC (he should have lasted 1 or less) but Cutler is not the main reason.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well trolled my friend. Well trolled.

LOL why do you think everyone who doesn't agree with you that Cutler is complete trash is a troll? If anything I sometimes wonder if your constant bashing of Cutler and some of the very outlandish things you say about him could be you trolling a bit

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Why didn't Alshon look like megatron with jay

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Because Jay doesn't throw floating arcing deep balls that are 1 on 1 opportunities for the WR & DB