Jay Cutler is not a monster

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. The teacher that kicks 47 yard FG's on 2nd down. The teacher that doesn't understand timeouts. The teacher that says countless phrases of inane shit. Forgive me if I don't have much faith in Trestman's ability to turn Cutler into a Hall of Famer. Despite the moron, Cutler still ended up middle of the pack in passer rating last season.

Those things clearly got him fired and deservedly so. But Jay has been the same guy with now 3 head coaches and I believe 5 offensive coordinators. What say you about that?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those things clearly got him fired and deservedly so. But Jay has been the same guy with now 3 head coaches and I believe 5 offensive coordinators. What say you about that?

Refer to the stats that I posted. Cutler has still produced despite the chaos around him. He hasn't played at a HOF level. He's been consistently above average.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL man I'd continue the argument but im burnt out on it at the moment i'll come back strong after week one when Cutty's out there rippin it up

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Refer to the stats that I posted. Cutler has still produced despite the chaos around him. He hasn't played at a HOF level. He's been consistently above average.

When you factor in turnovers which you conveniently didn't show, he clearly is not above avg other than 2 seasons.

Listen, I was excited as the next guy when we got Jay. I shouted down anyone that dared say we had overpaid for him. Now the proof is now in the pudding and I was 100% wrong.

The guy so many wanted fired(Martz) got the best out of Jay. Yet he was the devil to many and I never understood that. The 7 step drop thing got way overblown after the 3/4 games of that season.

I cheer for the Bears to win every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday no matter who the QB is. But to go to a message and claim that Jay is top 12ish by splashing a select few stats is nothing but trolling behaviour.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you factor in turnovers which you conveniently didn't show, he clearly is not above avg other than 2 seasons.

Listen, I was excited as the next guy when we got Jay. I shouted down anyone that dared say we had overpaid for him. Now the proof is now in the pudding and I was 100% wrong.

The guy so many wanted fired(Martz) got the best out of Jay. Yet he was the devil to many and I never understood that. The 7 step drop thing got way overblown after the 3/4 games of that season.

I cheer for the Bears to win every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday no matter who the QB is. But to go to a message and claim that Jay is top 12ish by splashing a select few stats is nothing but trolling behaviour.

Rating, Yards, TD's and Passing % are kind of important. He is also a winning quarterback. Guess I cherry picked that stat too. Unless Jay turns into Aaron Rodgers or lucks into a Super Bowl team like McMahon he will never have a fair shot with Bears fans.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rating, Yards, TD's and Passing % are kind of important. He is also a winning quarterback. Guess I cherry picked that stat too. Unless Jay turns into Aaron Rodgers or lucks into a Super Bowl team like McMahon he will never have a fair shot with Bears fans.

if Cutler went on ta win 2 superbowls with the bears from this point on half the fans here would still say something like the team carried him Regardless I don't think I have ever seen a player get this much hate heaped on him by a fanbase. Cutler gets all the blame and zero credit it's insane

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
The teacher that kicks 47 yard FG's on 2nd down.

Coaches sometimes take seemingly dumb chances... sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Trusting your kicker to make a 47 yarder in a dome isn't the end of the world. I can easily think of many much worse calls. Just off the top of my head...

Bill Belichick went for it on 4th-down, up six points at their own 28 and lost the game vs Indy back in 2009. Bill Parcells as a rookie Jets coach called a halfback option pass from the Lions' 9 with 3 minutes remaining and trailing, 13-10. The pass is intercepted in the end zone and the Jets missed the playoffs. And nothing compares to Pete Carroll calling that dumb pass play instead of simply running the ball with Marshawn and losing the SB...

The teacher that doesn't understand timeouts.

Lovie was even worse. Nothing will ever top calling a timeout, then challenging the ruling on a failed 4th down play to lose a 2nd timeout.

These gems were good too... http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-12-15/sports/0912140506_1_timeout-clock-management-smith

The teacher that says countless phrases of inane shit.

Again, nothing new. Queue Lovie's "we get off the bus running" and "Rex is our quarterback" repeated mantras.

Forgive me if I don't have much faith in Trestman's ability to turn Cutler into a Hall of Famer. Despite the moron, Cutler still ended up middle of the pack in passer rating last season.

Nobody was expecting him to turn Cutler into a Hall of Famer. We just wanted to see him improve at all. It's jut funny how Trestman was able to get Josh McCown to morph into the NFL's best QB by simply running the offense as it was designed... clearly the teaching wasn't being lost on him. One student listened and applied what he was taught, the other didn't. Again, not the teachers fault that one student failed to properly apply what he was being taught.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rtb didn't you just complain about the forums being the same old thing? Ironic that you are helping that cause

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if Cutler went on ta win 2 superbowls with the bears from this point on half the fans here would still say something like the team carried him Regardless I don't think I have ever seen a player get this much hate heaped on him by a fanbase. Cutler gets all the blame and zero credit it's insane

I think most here applaud and cheer Jay on when he plays well. That doesn't seem the issue you make it out to be.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think most here applaud and cheer Jay on when he plays well. That doesn't seem the issue you make it out to be.

I am think they just give credit to someone else like history shows

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What do you consider a good shot? A few years? 4/5? 6/10 years?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler will be going rouge this year, which is different in years past.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is the best Bears QB I have ever seen. Send him to GB to back up Rodgers (well, get rid of his contract first).

If Rodgers gets benched and Cutler starts every time the Bears play the Packers, then we have a deal.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Coaches sometimes take seemingly dumb chances... sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Trusting your kicker to make a 47 yarder in a dome isn't the end of the world. I can easily think of many much worse calls. Just off the top of my head...

Bill Belichick went for it on 4th-down, up six points at their own 28 and lost the game vs Indy back in 2009. Bill Parcells as a rookie Jets coach called a halfback option pass from the Lions' 9 with 3 minutes remaining and trailing, 13-10. The pass is intercepted in the end zone and the Jets missed the playoffs. And nothing compares to Pete Carroll calling that dumb pass play instead of simply running the ball with Marshawn and losing the SB...

Lovie was even worse. Nothing will ever top calling a timeout, then challenging the ruling on a failed 4th down play to lose a 2nd timeout.

These gems were good too... http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-12-15/sports/0912140506_1_timeout-clock-management-smith

Again, nothing new. Queue Lovie's "we get off the bus running" and "Rex is our quarterback" repeated mantras.

Nobody was expecting him to turn Cutler into a Hall of Famer. We just wanted to see him improve at all. It's jut funny how Trestman was able to get Josh McCown to morph into the NFL's best QB by simply running the offense as it was designed... clearly the teaching wasn't being lost on him. One student listened and applied what he was taught, the other didn't. Again, not the teachers fault that one student failed to properly apply what he was being taught.

Clearly that teacher didn't see it that way as one student stayed and the other continued to be a terrible journeyman

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Rodgers gets benched and Cutler starts every time the Bears play the Packers, then we have a deal.

He'd probably beat us too, then we would blame our current qb