Jenkins out for maybe 6 weeks.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd be tempted to let Carter stay at RG and let Davis play LG until Tevin is healthy, but I don't think Davis plays anything but RG...?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Sucks but injuries happen to every team. That’s why depth is so important. Depth wins championships. Bears don’t have much depth right now.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Jenkins just can’t catch a break. I’m beginning to think he is one of those bears who won’t stay for their 2nd contract but will sort out his health in his prime for his second team.

Carter is the guy I’d like to see with the opportunity, be interesting to see what they do.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot of teams probably worried about o line depth right now but this pre season still has me wanting them to draft c/g over and over next year. Jenkins seems to just be injury prone- not to even mention his back.

Davis is kind of a mystery and so is center outside of whitehair (who should be replaced next year anyway). Davis will be 28 next September and jenkins will be a 26 yo having not played a full season.

Last edited:

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Damn. I want to see the potential for Teven to be a long term DOMINANT OL. I see it....

But if the brotha can't stay on the field, then what's the point? The term "injury prone" is now stamped on him. At this point, I wonder if he should be even considered as a starter. I wonder if you can make him a backup each week, and then on game day see if he is healthy, THEN start him on. Like a pseudo starter(I don't even know what that means).

As good as I think he can be, we can't count on him. And it sucks bc I like him alot...

BEARS

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Hopefully, they meant that 6 weeks was the max he was out and it was likely a lot less than that. Even so, 6 weeks would mean he misses 3 games given that there is still 1 more preseason game and then 2 weeks off before the season starts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is brutal news. The kid can legit be a pro bowl OL IMO but just can't fucking stay healthy.