Jeramiah bears trade prediction

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The key is maximizing the value of the 1st pick to the fullest extent possible. By going from 1 to 9, you're almost certainly guaranteed to miss out on Anderson and Carter. So if I'm the GM and I'm missing out on that opportunity by dropping so far, the other trade partner really has got to overcompensate me to make that move. The last thing I want is the Bears to make the trade from 1 to 9 early in the process without trying to get that true godfather offer. If we're on draft day and that's truly the best trade offer, then yeah, you take it. But not until then imo.
You don't screw yourself by waiting until draft day to trade. That can go really bad. Close to the draft, sure.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 first rounders plus a 23 second rounder would be a ridiculous haul for moving from 1 to 9.
agreed, if Poles holds out for more than this, he will be drafting 1st some of the return on this board is fuckin la la land stupid

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Jeramiah the guy that gives you sponge baths at your nursing home?
you don't know who Daniel Jeremiah is, hope you have a wonderful 6th birthday party Nipsy

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Based on the supply and demand in 2023, it is a near certainty that if/when the bears trade the #1 pick they will not receive as much return consideration as the precedent point model indicates.
Sorry, but I don't see that.

The supply of 1st round QBs is 2 with two others possible because of physical traits. That makes 4 possible 1st round QBs.

The demand for a starting, not franchise, QB is over half of the league. I don't remember any year where there were so many teams who were "kicking the tires" on a new signal caller. The demand is at an all-time high.

So, using supply and demand models, teams should be overpaying to move up, not underpaying.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
You don't screw yourself by waiting until draft day to trade. That can go really bad. Close to the draft, sure.

Nowhere in my post did I say to wait until draft day. I said "The last thing I want is the Bears to make the trade from 1 to 9 early in the process without trying to get that true godfather offer. If we're on draft day and that's truly the best trade offer, then yeah, you take it. But not until then imo." If you get a godfather offer tonight, you take it. But Carolina's alleged offer is not something I'd take until establishing that it's truly the best offer available.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
Panthers are the last team I'd expect us to trade with. They're a QB away from being pretty decent in a shit division - meaning they'd have a really high % chance of winning the division in the next 2 years giving us a less than ideal picks.

They exist to drive up the value for the true losers to trade up (Houston, Indy, Vegas)

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No, I didn't know who Daniel Jeremiah is until @BaBaBlacksheep so graciously informed me. There are almost 8 billion people on the planet, how am I supposed to know who "Jeramiah" is?

If you follow the NFL draft, you know who Daniel Jeremiah is.

It's like asking "Who is Mel Kiper?". I think Kiper can be a fool, but if you follow the draft it is impossible to NOT know who he is.

If either of these guys was such a genius they would be running a team, but as media "draft experts" go, they are comsidered the two best.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Panthers are the last team I'd expect us to trade with. They're a QB away from being pretty decent in a shit division - meaning they'd have a really high % chance of winning the division in the next 2 years giving us a less than ideal picks.

They exist to drive up the value for the true losers to trade up (Houston, Indy, Vegas)

Which is one of the reasons you would need an absolute haul from them to pull the trigger.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
If you follow the NFL draft, you know who Daniel Jeremiah is.

It's like asking "Who is Mel Kiper?". I think Kiper can be a fool, but if you follow the draft it is impossible to NOT know who he is.

If either of these guys was such a genius they would be running a team, but as media "draft experts" go, they are comsidered the two best.

Few things: 1. I don't read anything from nfl.com nor watch anything on their network. The NFL is obsessed with 'protecting the shield' so I don't consume their content outside of the actual games as it's too big of a conflict of interest to expect impartial analysis. 2. The title in the thread said "Jeramiah", not the name (Jeremiah) of this writer I've never heard of before so it's an additional hurdle trying to figure who this even is. 3. I don't even pay attention to the draft until the week of, it just doesn't interest me.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Few things: 1. I don't read anything from nfl.com nor watch anything on their network. The NFL is obsessed with 'protecting the shield' so I don't consume their content outside of the actual games as it's too big of a conflict of interest to expect impartial analysis. 2. The title in the thread said "Jeramiah", not the name (Jeremiah) of this writer I've never heard of before so it's an additional hurdle trying to figure who this even is. 3. I don't even pay attention to the draft until the week of, it just doesn't interest me.
I love college football and enjoy watching the players go from being recruits to become pro prospects. Just like seeing NFL rookies become Hall Of Famers.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Jim Finks put together the 85 Bears. This off season is a great chance for the Bears to take a big step towards becoming relevant again.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
bears trade #1 to Carolina, receive the 9th pick and the panthers #1 in 2024 and 2025, bears use the 9th pick this year to select the top OL on their board
Fuck that! If we are talking Carolina, I want that and BOTH of their 2nd rounders this year. Yup. Both. Call that shit the Anderson Carter tax.

1677496817846.jpeg

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

the Lions pick from LA. turned out alright and the Rams won the SB