Jeramiah bears trade prediction

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I think Panthers owner is pretty desperate for a franchise qb. He was pushing hard for Watson and has kicked tires on other vets. I'd be surprised if they aren't very much involved in potential trade ups
The Panthers were offered 2 1sts for Brian Burns (DE) at the trade deadline. They got a bunch of picks from the McCaffrey trade. Their recent 1st round picks also fill holes for the Bears:

Ikem Ekwonu - OL (4th overall)
Jaycee Horn - CB (8th overall)
Derrick Brown - DL (7th overall)

DJ Moore & Taylor Moton would also be excellent additions.

They’re a young QB away from a pretty impressive roster, which makes trading with them complicated. Future 1st round picks are less valuable than teams like the Texans, Colts, Raiders, & Falcons, who are still expected to be drafting in the top 10 next year. The NFC South is pretty awful too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll take future picks but my hope if that they're a secondary consideration to loading up this year. I think that's still a data point for GMs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That’s because most of the time the team with the first pick needs to draft a QB.

2021 - Trevor Lawrence
2020 - Joe Burrow
2019 - Kyler Murray
2018 - Baker Mayfield
2016 - Jared Golf
2015 - Jameis Winston

4 of the last 10 drafts did not have a QB drafted 1st overall. Here is the list of the first 2 QBs drafted in those years.

2022 - Kenny Pickett (20th & only QB taken)
2017 - Mitch Trubisky (2nd) & Mahomes (10th)
2014 - Blake Bortles (3rd) & Johnny Manziel (22nd)
2013 - 0 QBs taken in first round

Outside of 2017, I consider this QB draft class to be better than all of those years.

This draft class is getting slept on. The hype machine is about to start. Levis & Richardson are going to showcase elite arm strength. Richardson & Stroud will run well.
And there were 2 QBs more worthy of #1 in 2017. GMs haven't forgotten.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Panthers owner is pretty desperate for a franchise qb. He was pushing hard for Watson and has kicked tires on other vets. I'd be surprised if they aren't very much involved in potential trade ups
Carr is also visiting with the Panthers

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Carr is also visiting with the Panthers
Yeah I kind of hope Carr ends up in NO or a team like Washington would be a good surprise. I know Rivera claims they are going with Howell but that seems like a formula to get himself fired. Neither of those teams would effect the qb trade market much

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I kind of hope Carr ends up in NO or a team like Washington would be a good surprise. I know Rivera claims they are going with Howell but that seems like a formula to get himself fired. Neither of those teams would effect the qb trade market much
Supposedly he had a good visit with the Jets

I’d like to keep the Panthers open as a trade possibility

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That’s because most of the time the team with the first pick needs to draft a QB.

2021 - Trevor Lawrence
2020 - Joe Burrow
2019 - Kyler Murray
2018 - Baker Mayfield
2016 - Jared Golf
2015 - Jameis Winston

4 of the last 10 drafts did not have a QB drafted 1st overall. Here is the list of the first 2 QBs drafted in those years.

Outside of 2017, I consider this QB draft class to be better than all of those years.

This draft class is getting slept on. The hype machine is about to start. Levis & Richardson are going to showcase elite arm strength. Richardson & Stroud will run well.
What's because most of the time the team doesn't need a QB? It doesn't change the fact that there aren't enough data points at the first pick to use Jeremiah as a solid example. And, as I said, people are expecting more than what Jeremiah suggest in the CAR trade.

I'm glad you consider it strong. Hopefully it is. Levis's tape is rough. Stroud's is inconsistent. The only guy who whose tape is elite is Young, and he is going to be a prospect some teams are really leery of because of his size.

What the above info tells me, if I'm a GM, is that unless the prospect is really elite, like Lawrence or Burrow, I probably shouldn't trade up with a huge package for a QB. Because none of those flawed guys are worth it, and usually someone or multiple guys picked later are better.

Anyone who drafts Anthony Richardson in the top 15 is is trouble.

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Supposedly he had a good visit with the Jets

I’d like to keep the Panthers open as a trade possibility
Agreed. It'd be ideal to trade down to 4 with the Colts getting their 2nd and next year's 1st, then have Carolina want to move to 4 on draft night for the 3rd qb available and get a haul from them too

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

2021 - Trevor Lawrence
2020 - Joe Burrow
2019 - Kyler Murray
2018 - Baker Mayfield
2016 - Jared Golf
2015 - Jameis Winston

Richardson will get drafted high. But the guy is more inaccurate than Cardale Jones was.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Agreed. It'd be ideal to trade down to 4 with the Colts getting their 2nd and next year's 1st, then have Carolina want to move to 4 on draft night for the 3rd qb available and get a haul from them too
What kind of compensation are you expecting to get moving from 4 to 9?

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Richardson will get drafted high. But the guy is more inaccurate than Cardale Jones was.
He’s also a far superior athlete than Cardale Jones ever was. He will probably measure 6’4, run a 4.5, and throw the ball 80+ yards.

Interviews will determine where he gets drafted.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s also a far superior athlete than Cardale Jones ever was. He will probably measure 6’4, run a 4.5, and throw the ball 80+ yards.

Interviews will determine where he gets drafted.
JaMarcus Russell threw the ball 60+ yards from his knees. What matters is his accuracy.
“Hey guys, I can throw the ball 80+ yards but the ball will end up about 15 feet from where it actually needs to be.”

Richardson has potential but is a developmental prospect, even more so than Fields

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
JaMarcus Russell threw the ball 60+ yards from his knees. What matters is his accuracy.
“Hey guys, I can throw the ball 80+ yards but the ball will end up about 15 feet from where it actually needs to be.”

Richardson has potential but is a developmental prospect, even more so than Fields
JaMarcus Russell was drafted 1st overall. The point is that a team could fall in love with his athletic profile.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So Mike Lombardi thinks the Bears aren’t getting calls from other teams about the 1st pick and that Schefter’s tweet was an obvious plant to drum up interest.

Of course Mike Lombardi isn’t the best source….

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
JaMarcus Russell was drafted 1st overall. The point is that a team could fall in love with his athletic profile.
Hmmmm. Is that why he’s mocked anywhere from 8th to the high teens? Everyone knows this is the case captain obvious.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Oh for sure they will be involved. I am just saying the GM and HC jobs are not likely on the line this year so from that perspective they are not desparate. They can be desperate for other reasons.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think Fields helps his case. If AR truly has sub 4.5 speed then we saw what a QB can do with that type of speed this past year. That sets a floor while you work on his passing.

Last edited: