JERRY ANGELO RATES EVERY QUARTERBACK

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo rates every QB

7.5-7.9

Talented, has good history of play, but had a subpar year. Lack of durability, deficiency in an intangible area, poor cast around him or coaching. Any of these reasons may have kept him from playing to his potential. May be a descending player.

7.9 Matt Ryan
A good, but not special player. He is tough minded and smart, but his arm talent is not elite. He needs a good cast around him. When he is not supported with talented receivers, a solid line and a good running game, you see his flaws.

7.9 Tony Romo
He has a blind spot. His instincts are just average and his accuracy is not consistent enough given the amount of times they let him wing it and that’s what he does...wing it. His mental toughness is suspect and physically he is the danger zone given his two back surgeries.

7.9 Jay Cutler
Has all the physical tools, but inconsistent in the clutch. Mostly due to a lack of poise. He’s not comfortable reading defenses and consequently locks onto a favorite or pre-determined target, that may or may not be the right choice. The less he’s asked to see the better he is. A better half field general, than a full field one.

7.9 Matt Stafford
Stafford, in my eyes, not only did not win games for the Lions this year, but also LOST them for his team. Carelessness with the ball, inaccurate throws, and poor mechanics will prevent him from ever turning into an elite QB. Calvin Johnson masks a lot of his faults.

http://www.thesidelineview.com/colu...ngelo-rates-every-quarterback-2013-nfl-season

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh MY Gosh who even follows that used car salesman ?

Does the ding-a-ling even rate the oline protecting the QB too ?

Mitchapalooza

I agree with some of his Cutty assessment but Cutler is pretty clutch in the 4th quarter. Also, I don't think it's him not being able to read defenses, I just think he has the "fuck it, I got a cannon" mentality, he's not dumb.

Some can say that mentality is dumb, which it very well could be. But from a reading defenses standpoint, I don't see him as dumb.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
Has all the physical tools, but inconsistent in the clutch.

This fucking guy, wasn't he one of the best 4th qtr QB's in the league?! and he can read defenses when he has time, like he did this year. It's funny what a guy can do when you actually value o-lineman an protect your QB. Dumbass.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Don't agree with any of the assessments except Romo's.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Has all the physical tools, but inconsistent in the clutch.
This fucking guy, wasn't he one of the best 4th qtr QB's in the league?! and he can read defenses when he has time, like he did this year. It's funny what a guy can do when you actually value o-lineman an protect your QB. Dumbass.
THIS!!!!!

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
A few gems here. First, his "best to worst" summary at the end is a completely different list from what he wrote above, including several different ratings for players.

Also, I didn't read every description but saw him use "too vs to" incorrectly at least twice. Kind of funny/sad to think a former gm doesn't know the difference.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with some of his Cutty assessment but Cutler is pretty clutch in the 4th quarter. Also, I don't think it's him not being able to read defenses, I just think he has the "fuck it, I got a cannon" mentality, he's not dumb.

Some can say that mentality is dumb, which it very well could be. But from a reading defenses standpoint, I don't see him as dumb.

I think he just gets frustrated easily and will start wingin it.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

gotta agree with this cutler shoots himself in the foot with over confidence in his arm strength too much but hey it does make him exciting to watch

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Newton ahead of Brees and Luck in his first list? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: That's why he is a former GM, current blogger.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what Uncle Jerry is saying that he willing paid a king's ransom for a quarterback he rates as middle of the road.

You should have just pleaded the fifth on Cutler there Mister Angelo.

Mitchapalooza

gotta agree with this cutler shoots himself in the foot with over confidence in his arm strength too much but hey it does make him exciting to watch

I said the same about Grossman. :nervous:

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said the same about Grossman. :nervous:

lol cutler is grossman 4.0 way more talent so he gets away with his ballsy shit more the only real difference and he is by far tougher

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jerry Angelo proving to be an ass clown at all that he does.