JERRY ANGELO RATES EVERY QUARTERBACK

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still mad about no Matt Flynn. Jerry Angelo rates every quarterback from the 2013 NFL season on his nine-point scale. Angelo's notes are included. Flynn played for 3 teams last year. Just on the Packers alone Flynn saw more action and produced more of everything (except interceptions) than Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace and they made Jerry's list.

Stupid Jerry Angelo. Jerry Angelo rates every quarterback. Effing liar. Now I have reason to dislike him too.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Flynn sucks. Just sayin. Not much to be mad about.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flynn sucks. Just sayin. Not much to be mad about.

Flynn did have an 86.1 passer rating with the Packers last season. And his record (2-2, 0.500) was right on pace with what Trestman's Bears accomplished. Now, with being on 3 teams in one season, I'm not going to argue against your "Flynn sucks" comment. But he proved better than Tolzien and Wallace last season. Jerry was just lazy.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know why you would let a hack GM's opinion rattle you. Flynn may suck but Angelo is worse.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
His assessment at least puts my mind at ease as to why our drafts sucked so bad. We now have a definite answer. Sleeping well tonight.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Since he rated my guy Foles well I think old JA is one of the greatest football minds to ever live. That ranking alone helps me turn a blind eye to brutally mismanaging the Bears for such a long time.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate Jerry Angelo and I think he's an idiot, but I don't understand how anyone could take issue with the content of his Cutler comments. They were one of the few assessments that was spot-on. Reminds me of people getting upset at Urlacher's comments about Cutler's contract...I guess people got angry because they knew the comments were 100% valid.

Or they got angry because all this talk that Jay Cutler was the cure to everything wrong with the Bear offense started with Jerry Angelo.

Give up Kyle and all those picks, then four seasons later throw out a line like "the less he is asked to do the better he is". Where was this evaluation when he was trying to outbid the Redskins in 2009?

Like I said in an earlier post...Angelo should have pleaded the fifth on Cutler.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo is an untalented ass clown.

His draft record is pathetic.

I do not know why even the media would employ him to give his opinion on anything.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I do not know why even the media would employ him to give his opinion on anything.
So Rush should hire him as a CCS writer?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

As much of a complete clown JA was/is, he still comes across as knowledable. IMO he's one of those guys who can actaully talk the talk, but when it comes to following through everything just falls apart. That's probably why the McCasky family stuck with him so long. Without an actually football mind in the room (Halas) he came across as the best guy for the job.

I think there's a lot of GMs that have longer careers than they should off of the same model. Off the top of my head Matt Millen and Mike Tannenbaum. All are guys who look and sound the part when put on stage, but when they actually have to pull their sleves up and do the work they come across as clueless.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As much of a complete clown JA was/is, he still comes across as knowledable. IMO he's one of those guys who can actaully talk the talk, but when it comes to following through everything just falls apart. That's probably why the McCasky family stuck with him so long. Without an actually football mind in the room (Halas) he came across as the best guy for the job.

I think there's a lot of GMs that have longer careers than they should off of the same model. Off the top of my head Matt Millen and Mike Tannenbaum. All are guys who look and sound the part when put on stage, but when they actually have to pull their sleves up and do the work they come across as clueless.

Kind of like the difference between Cutler in the film room and Cutler on the field.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
His cutler comments weren't off at all. His other evaluations were fucked though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poor cast around him, hmmmm.....

I thought he was supposed to be evaluating Cutler, not himself.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not surprising at all.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From my inside sources (please dispute them!), two of the dumbest personnel guys in the NFL were Vinny Cerrato and ex-UCLA coach Terry Donahue, and they fit your description. Not surprisingly, both gained employment as ESPN analysts after they were canned from their GM jobs.

Dude could recruit though.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Usually the best recruiters are snake oil salesmen.

URBAN%2BOSU.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Recruiting. The one skill that's almost useless in the NFL.

Not entirely. Coaches do need to sell themselves to the players so that is still a useful skill for if nothing else at least when they first arrive to a team. That is why we commonly hear the term "the players have bought in" or "not all of the players have bought in yet."

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not entirely. Coaches do need to sell themselves to the players so that is still a useful skill for if nothing else at least when they first arrive to a team. That is why we commonly hear the term "the players have bought in" or "not all of the players have bought in yet."

There's almost no selling involved especially by the GM. Teams draft players, so no recruting there. In free agency money talks. There are a few situations where a player will give a discount to one team/coach or avoid another situation, but overall I've never heard of a player saying "I'm choosing 'insert team' because the GM put in the time and really made me fell it's the right fit".

Recruiting is huge in college and directly linked to winning. It's amost the opposite in the NFL where if anything there are limits the amount of contact coaches/management can have with players in the offseason (per the CBA) and almost all conversations between the team and organization are done through an agent, who gets paid in dollars, not 'best-fit points'.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vinny Cerrato was a coach?

Amazingly, most successful NFL head coaches have very little experience at the college level.

I didn't say that guy was a coach. I only said the skill to sell people is still useful.