JERRY ANGELO RATES EVERY QUARTERBACK

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
1. The Matt Ryan comment was plain dumb. He needs a good line, good rb, and good wr's to excel. Most qb's need that.

2. I wonder how Angelo would rate Henry Burris, Krenzel, Grossman, Orton, Collins, Quinn, Haine, Griese, Hutchinson, Kordell, and Chandler.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone value the opinion of a general manager who's great accomplishments in the quarterback department are starting Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese and Caleb Hanie?

And let's talk about 2004. Have you ever seen a worse quarterback throw a pass in an NFL game than Jonathan Quinn?

Nobody should put any value in his evaluations of quarterbacks unless they're reverse engineering this ****.

Anybody remember when Chad Hutchinson was a sigh of relief?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
1. The Matt Ryan comment was plain dumb. He needs a good line, good rb, and good wr's to excel. Most qb's need that.

That's the point, stating Ryan isn't beyond most QBs like someone elite in a Brees/Brady manner

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
That's the point, stating Ryan isn't beyond most QBs like someone elite in a Brees/Brady manner

Then why did Ryan, without the great run support, elite targets and OL out-produce Brady this season?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Brees and Brady have had great offensive systems WR's, lines, and use short passes as a run game. Every qb needs talent around them to win it all unless you are a first ballot hall of famer. Even those elite qb's can't win without lines and wr's.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone value the opinion of a general manager who's great accomplishments in the quarterback department are starting Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese and Caleb Hanie?

And let's talk about 2004. Have you ever seen a worse quarterback throw a pass in an NFL game than Jonathan Quinn?

Nobody should put any value in his evaluations of quarterbacks unless they're reverse engineering this ****.

Anybody remember when Chad Hutchinson was a sigh of relief?

Todd Collins and Burris give Quinn a run for his money.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Then why did Ryan, without the great run support, elite targets and OL out-produce Brady this season?

Depends on how you judge outproduce. Racking up yards from behind isn't that valuable of production.

There's a difference of winning it all and looking highly competent

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with that. Neither had truly great supporting casts this year. Brady made it farther with help from Belichick, the defense, and the fact that he doesn't play for the Atlanta Falcons.

But Angelo's evaluation of him is just dumb. "When he is not supported with talented receivers, a solid line and a good running game, you see his flaws." What does this even mean? What are his flaws? According to Angelo, they are 'being a good player with not elite arm talent.'