Jim Hendry Bust or Great GM?

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Keep making shit up though.

How dare someone try to take KB's job. There will be only 1 asshole here making shit up, and his name is KB.

Last edited by a moderator:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Keep making shit up though.

How dare someone try to take KB's job. There will be only 1 asshole here making shit up, and his name is KB.

Glad to see the moderators are editing posts to help insult posters on here.

Great job.

Funny how I am only making up shit when it is the facts that further expose you to being a total idiot.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great job.

Funny how I am only making up shit when it is the facts that further expose you to being a total idiot.

I edited it because he used your real first name, but I know that doesn't fit your agenda....

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:

Great job.

You haven't presented one piece of fact it's all speculation on your part, oh yeah revenue is up we can be competitive yet you don't tell me anything that could possibly have saved us from the fall we knew was gonna show up when Theo got here.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
And we spent all that money to "boost" the value of the team for when it was sold off. That's the only reason why, not because the Tribune wanted a chip.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
And we spent all that money to "boost" the value of the team for when it was sold off. That's the only reason why, not because the Tribune wanted a chip.

So you're saying that if Rickett's spent money like the Tribune, the value of the Cubs should go up. Well in 07', not only did the Cubs boost the revenue stream, they won while they did it.

Now couple that with building the farm at the same time and the opportunities seem endless. :turtle:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you're saying that if Rickett's spent money like the Tribune, the value of the Cubs should go up. Well in 07', not only did the Cubs boost the revenue stream, they won while they did it.

Now couple that with building the farm at the same time and the opportunities seem endless. :turtle:

Not saying you're wrong at all, however, Ricketts spending right now isn't for the same reason as the Tribune was, the Tribune spent just to simply boost the teams value more so when they sold the team they would get more for them, look at before that and we never spent that much

from cots:
2013: $106,837,810
2012: $109,316,000
2011: $134,004,000
2010: $144,359,000
2009: $134,809,000
2008: $118,345,833
2007: $ 99,670,332
2006: $ 94,424,499
2005: $ 87,032,933
2004: $ 90,560,000
2003: $ 79,868,333
2002: $ 75,690,833
2001: $ 64,715,833
2000: $ 62,100,000

we were cheap till about 04 when we bumped up 11 mil then down then in 06 was our massive spending spree and look at the difference, backload the contracts then in 09-11 is where you see it balloon. Ricketts came in and cut that off, why wouldn't you? The team at that point was a mess. Old players, no pitching, no farm system. It was time for a rebuild, that coupled with the fact that we weren't all that close to contending when he came in and there wasn't much in the market that we could've added. I've asked D3A in the past and his ideas were horrid, there was simply nothing for us in the market. When Ricketts came in I forget where probably just on boards like this everyone pretty much knew we weren't contending till around 2014 or 15. This upcoming offseason is the one that I care about, because at this point we need to start moving forward. I'm giving Theo 3 years, which is a decent amount of time in my eyes.

Willrust

Liked Posts:

Great job.

Who is the crying bitch now?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Not saying you're wrong at all, however, Ricketts spending right now isn't for the same reason as the Tribune was, the Tribune spent just to simply boost the teams value more so when they sold the team they would get more for them, look at before that and we never spent that much

from cots:
2013: $106,837,810
2012: $109,316,000
2011: $134,004,000
2010: $144,359,000
2009: $134,809,000
2008: $118,345,833
2007: $ 99,670,332
2006: $ 94,424,499
2005: $ 87,032,933
2004: $ 90,560,000
2003: $ 79,868,333
2002: $ 75,690,833
2001: $ 64,715,833
2000: $ 62,100,000

we were cheap till about 04 when we bumped up 11 mil then down then in 06 was our massive spending spree and look at the difference, backload the contracts then in 09-11 is where you see it balloon. Ricketts came in and cut that off, why wouldn't you? The team at that point was a mess. Old players, no pitching, no farm system. It was time for a rebuild, that coupled with the fact that we weren't all that close to contending when he came in and there wasn't much in the market that we could've added. I've asked D3A in the past and his ideas were horrid, there was simply nothing for us in the market. When Ricketts came in I forget where probably just on boards like this everyone pretty much knew we weren't contending till around 2014 or 15. This upcoming offseason is the one that I care about, because at this point we need to start moving forward. I'm giving Theo 3 years, which is a decent amount of time in my eyes.

And what are you going to do if they don't vastly improve for 2014? Keep in mind that the Cubs are going to be sellers at the deadline, and the players they will be selling will have to be replaced. They are going to have to put up the same numbers as those replaced players just so the Cubs can be back to square one. Now what kind additional money is Rickett's going to allow next year, when it has been publically stated that the Cubs are spending every dollar on the team and payroll is at 106 million?

Sure, Garza's contract may be gone, but then again, they might extend him. Still at square one. Soler or Baez start to slow up in their progression. Back to square one. Injuries to the Cubs. Back to square one, etc...

I wouldn't hedge any bets that the Cubs are going to turn this ship around by 2014. Even 2015 is a huge stretch. 2016 seems more feasible. Ironically, that's the last year of Theo's contract.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Actually, the Cubs were hit hard by injuries in 2006. They rebounded nicely in 2007.

They had an outfield of Matt Murton, Jaun Pierre, and Jacque Jones. Ronny Cedeno at SS, Todd Walker at 2B, and Barrett behind the plate. Those are more like replacement players, not a stellar group of starters.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
And what are you going to do if they don't vastly improve for 2014? Keep in mind that the Cubs are going to be sellers at the deadline, and the players they will be selling will have to be replaced. They are going to have to put up the same numbers as those replaced players just so the Cubs can be back to square one. Now what kind additional money is Rickett's going to allow next year, when it has been publically stated that the Cubs are spending every dollar on the team and payroll is at 106 million?

Sure, Garza's contract may be gone, but then again, they might extend him. Still at square one. Soler or Baez start to slow up in their progression. Back to square one. Injuries to the Cubs. Back to square one, etc...

I wouldn't hedge any bets that the Cubs are going to turn this ship around by 2014. Even 2015 is a huge stretch. 2016 seems more feasible. Ironically, that's the last year of Theo's contract.
Then I will be irritated about the team like D3A and kwhatever his name is. I understand it doesn't just happen.
They had an outfield of Matt Murton, Jaun Pierre, and Jacque Jones. Ronny Cedeno at SS, Todd Walker at 2B, and Barrett behind the plate. Those are more like replacement players, not a stellar group of starters.

Just used the jukebox on me and sent me back to a lot of facepalm

sent from mars home of Ian Stewarts baseball skills using tapatalk

Willrust

Liked Posts:

The SP was completely decimated by injury (Prior & Wood went down and they had to use Marshall and Marmol as SP) and Derrek Lee went from MVP candidate to injury riddled veteran.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2006.shtml

Murton, Pierre, Jones, Walker and Barrett had solid numbers (all hit over .275 with OBP over .330). Cedeno, didn't live up to his hype, but with the hitters that were around him, and should have been around him, he was there for middle IF defense.

Nope, 2006 was about the injuries.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The SP was completely decimated by injury (Prior & Wood went down and they had to use Marshall and Marmol as SP) and Derrek Lee went from MVP candidate to injury riddled veteran.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/2006.shtml

Murton, Pierre, Jones, Walker and Barrett had solid numbers (all hit over .275 with OBP over .330). Cedeno, didn't live up to his hype, but with the hitters that were around him, and should have been around him, he was there for middle IF defense.

Nope, 2006 was about the injuries.

Be careful Will. You are coming dangerously close to putting another "notch of love" on the Jim Hendry bedpost with that statement.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
yet you don't tell me anything that could possibly have saved us from the fall we knew was gonna show up when Theo got here.

Oh, I don't know.

Maybe sign some actually decent major league players instead of the truckload of mostly garbage players that has been brought in the last two years.

75% of the 25 man roster has been turned over since the end of the 2011, but you want to claim there was no opportunity to do anything to help to team??

You have already proven you aren't smart enough to know the difference between revenue and profit, so let me help you with this one also....

75% is a lot.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:

Boo, you are dealing with idiots who have demonstrated they don't know the difference between revenue and profit, but yet want to claim that Forbes magazine doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

And yet they think that a business can drive up the value of the business somehow by increasing the cost of operating the business to a supposedly unsustainable level at the same time the corporation that owns the team is going through bankruptcy.

In fact in the bankruptcy court proceedings that placed the Cubs in bankruptcy in 2009, it was noted that the Cubs were in a sound financial position and the reason for bankruptcy was not because the teams debts outweighed it's ability to repay them, but to clear the team from the Tribune Co. debts.

But of course here comes the part where willstraw will now claim that not only does Forbes magazine not have any idea what they are talking about, but the Federal Court system as well.

AmericanFlyer1

Liked Posts:
Boo, you are dealing with idiots who have demonstrated they don't know the difference between revenue and profit, but yet want to claim that Forbes magazine doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

And yet they think that a business can drive up the value of the business somehow by increasing the cost of operating the business to a supposedly unsustainable level at the same time the corporation that owns the team is going through bankruptcy.

In fact in the bankruptcy court proceedings that placed the Cubs in bankruptcy in 2009, it was noted that the Cubs were in a sound financial position and the reason for bankruptcy was not because the teams debts outweighed it's ability to repay them, but to clear the team from the Tribune Co. debts.

But of course here comes the part where willstraw will now claim that not only does Forbes magazine not have any idea what they are talking about, but the Federal Court system as well.

Well what do you expect trolls to say??

Funny, I thought this site was going to be better but now the rest of the CBS trolls have merged over, it's the same.

How anyone can be positive about the garbage that is happening is mind boggling. I chuckle thinking about the Bears going 10-6 and firing their HC because he missed the playoffs again. 10 wins in the NFL is about the same as 90 in MLB. You would think that you would make the playoffs with that many wins. However, the Bears aren't satisfied with missing the playoffs. The Cubs are. They now feel that you should waste seasons in the "hopes" that you will be consistent winners. But the only thing they are consist in right now is losing.

I look at the really good teams in the league and marvel on how they aren't concerned with losing and concentrate on winning. And they win.

We are concentrating on everything but the product on the field. And lose. We are building a consistent loser. And there are morons that defend that....unreal.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I don't know.

Maybe sign some actually decent major league players instead of the truckload of mostly garbage players that has been brought in the last two years.

75% of the 25 man roster has been turned over since the end of the 2011, but you want to claim there was no opportunity to do anything to help to team??

You have already proven you aren't smart enough to know the difference between revenue and profit, so let me help you with this one also....

75% is a lot.

Lol more petty insults man you sure bitch and complain more then make a case for yourself

sent from mars home of Ian Stewarts baseball skills using tapatalk

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Funny, I thought this site was going to be better but now the rest of the CBS trolls have merged over, it's the same.

The most staggering part is that there were actually people who didn't know the difference between revenue and profit.

And these same people who don't know enough about business and economics to tell the difference between revenue and profit are also the first ones to discredit Forbes magazine as not being a worthy source!

Really??