Jim Hendry Fired As GM Of The Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha tag team back again.

Something something something let's begin.

And people thought I was black.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: I must have paid someone off to pass the BAR, and my series exams. but hey, I cant read.

Now go back and do the "live lake" search query for Dewssox79 and search "business" on dewssox79.

My bad for using my resources effectively. Also, I'm sorry that you can't understand sarcasm. I'm also sorry that you can't actually bring your own stats to the table. But if I were in your position of having jntg sucking your dick when you want and how you want, I can't say that I would really do anything differently. Then again, with me and jntg it isn't statutory, with you two it is. Did they teach you that when you took the BAR? Or is that not till next year?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad for using my resources effectively. Also, I'm sorry that you can't understand sarcasm. I'm also sorry that you can't actually bring your own stats to the table. But if I were in your position of having jntg sucking your dick when you want and how you want, I can't say that I would really do anything differently. Then again, with me and jntg it isn't statutory, with you two it is. Did they teach you that when you took the BAR? Or is that not till next year?[/QUOTE]

what? is that supposed to be funny?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact I don't even know the words to a simple rap song should price otherwise.

that I didnt know, or if you posted that I didnt see it, I think it stemmed from your other AVY. I thought that was you. Who was that again?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How'd you do it Frank? How'd you pass the bar in Louisiana?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
that I didnt know, or if you posted that I didnt see it, I think it stemmed from your other AVY. I thought that was you. Who was that again?

Michael Hart. I just posted the words to a quad city djs song. Well some of them.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Michael Hart. I just posted the words to a quad city djs song. Well some of them.

wow, quad city djs. i havent thought about them in years.

was this him?
Mike_Hart-1-small.jpg

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garza one. Really interesting stuff.

That was a good read. I liked the trade from the start, so it hasn't really changed anything with me, but it is good to see that the specs aren't doing very well.

The thing that puzzles me is that Garza is getting better without Rothschild. Riggins, from everything I have seen, and I am sure I could find some stats to back me up on this, hasn't done very well. That is, except for Garza. I find that to be a little perplexing.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he/someone ( hell could be maddux) saw something in him and he changed.

As a whole i think we are worse because of not having Larry but what can you do.

As far as the trade we didn't have a need for pitcher. We had Zambrano, Dempster, wells, cashner, silva, and gorzy.

I still think in the long run it's a loss because the number of wi.... Wait scratch that. The value you get from Archer/Lee over the long haul will be better than what we get from Garza vs Gorzy over the next two years(I think he under control til 2013 without looking it up)

If we really did see something though it makes sense. Still hurts losing Lee.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

As a whole i think we are worse because of not having Larry but what can you do.

As far as the trade we didn't have a need for pitcher. We had Zambrano, Dempster, wells, cashner, silva, and gorzy.

I still think in the long run it's a loss because the number of wi.... Wait scratch that. The value you get from Archer/Lee over the long haul will be better than what we get from Garza vs Gorzy over the next two years(I think he under control til 2013 without looking it up)

Do you think Riggins will be back for a 2nd season with all the changes going on?

I agree that I think there's a chance Lee could really be something special and just that he isn't a Cub anymore increases his chances by a factor of range.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no clue on that. If Quade is gone I would imagine everyone will be gone.

Personally I think everyone will be gone.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Riggins will be back for a 2nd season with all the changes going on?
I agree that I think there's a chance Lee could really be something special and just that he isn't a Cub anymore increases his chances by a factor of range.

:oprah:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

:yep: now we do tho

and CO the trade for a pitcher was an outside option...i think it could be done..but i'd prefer just straight getting one in free agency

as for Rich...he was just a short term investment who couldnt make as many starts because he was injury prone...considering what was given up, i conceded it was not really a bad move....but still part of the reason i still was not a total fan was because it was a short term move, and we went after a good pitcher,but also a high risk pitcher that at any point it seemed could throw out his arm

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no clue on that. If Quade is gone I would imagine everyone will be gone.

Personally I think everyone will be gone.

I certainly hope that everyone is gone. I hate our staff so much right now. Rudy J, Q, Riggins, whoever our bench coach is. They all suck. Not to mention Ivan DeJesus. I might keep Lester Strode just because he reminds me of Les Walrond. But that's a big IF.

But yeah, I really hope that we totally clean house this year.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Marquis
Pierre
Garza (though i have changed my mind on that one)
Gorzy (traded away)
Cutting Silva
Resigning Zambrano
Murton
Trachsel
Giving soriano two extra years
Byrd
Wuertz
Not protecting Veal

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Basically your whole argument of me being a homer is based off me taking Fuku over CQ. He'll on PSD I was considered one of the most pessimistic posters.

Now again. About bringing your own argument rather than attacking the stat an having jntg suck you off with one of his fake stats. Isn't that statutory rape anyhow? You going to bring something to the table?

My list:

Paying way too much for Pierre
Using the potential of Corey Patterson to defend not going after Beltran (despite Patterson was already regressing and showing he was uncoachable)
Soriano (I was all over the place against this deal when the rumors began)
Fukudome (again all over the place against this deal... showing he wasn't a run producer before he was signed)
Re-signing Neifi, after Baker proved he was going to play him at all costs
Marquis
Trachsel
Letting Weurtz go
Not giving McGehee a chance
Trading Asciano for Gregg
picking up Howry from ARI after we were all glad he was finally gone
Bradley
Infante
Heilman
Trading Gorzy for nothing
Nady
Koyie fuckin Hill!!!!!!!!!
Making Pie untouchable in the Roberts negotiations
letting Blanco go (rather than keeping him around to mentor Soto for another couple of years)
Burnitz
Jacque Jones
Nevin
Floyd
Cotts
Edmonds
Freel
Miles

Wasn't a fan of the Garza trade but he's pitched very well... but it all depends on how some of the kids that were sent over turn out as well. I thought the timing of the deal was wrong. It's not like this team was going anywhere this year, and we gave up too much of the future IMO. But, we'll see in the next couple of years what we actually lost.

I actually thought the Zambo extension was a good thing at the time. He had been top 5 CY 3 years in a row prior to it. I was also against the Byrd deal at first, but warmed up to it last year. Really hated the DeRosa signing at first, but he turned out to be golden when he was here.

Hell... looking at this... I don't think there were very many moves that Hendry made that I did like... especially after 2004.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.