Jim Hendry Fired As GM Of The Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well everything is based on WAR right? I mean the most subjective metric that exists....That is a fact. Bringing stuff to the table? you gave up garbage for garbage. Did Hendry get fleeced? no. Was it a good trade? no. again garbage for garbage.

Is there a trade or a FA signing that hendry did besides milton bradley that you didnt like? Is there anything at all that the cubs do that you disagree with? please ansewer this.

Marquis
Pierre
Garza (though i have changed my mind on that one)
Gorzy (traded away)
Cutting Silva
Resigning Zambrano
Murton
Trachsel
Giving soriano two extra years
Byrd
Wuertz
Not protecting Veal

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Basically your whole argument of me being a homer is based off me taking Fuku over CQ. He'll on PSD I was considered one of the most pessimistic posters.

Now again. About bringing your own argument rather than attacking the stat an having jntg suck you off with one of his fake stats. Isn't that statutory rape anyhow? You going to bring something to the table?

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he had 4 WAR in his time with the Cubs. 141+71= 212. Nice effort, though. I know how hard it to type in Fangraphs.com, Rich Harden, then click View Partial Seasons. It's tough, but you tried and that's all that matters.

Gosh, the guy who gets on me for derailing threads is.... derailing a thread. Classy.

I said no more than 4 games in either direction, aka minimal effect. If a manager has no more than 5 games, then I see that the day/night has no more than 4.

Bazinga

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know, did they have a full season pitch count for him? You're the one bringing these things up, I would think that you can do the research on them. So what if they did? You are continually ignoring the fact that the Cubs gave up NOTHING for him. What do you have to say about that?[/QUOTE]

Garbage for Garbage

Derailing threads, this is the Jim Hendry thread right? thats what I thought...I mean didnt he make the move for Harden? Yep....so not derailed.

Well except that's not what I was talking about with derailing. Excellent reading skillz, bro. You brought up the day/night stuff in a JH thread. If that's not derailing, then Apollo 18 will be a good movie.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got garbage? Yeah, Rich Harden was terrible for us. 4 WAR in 212 IP. That really sucks.

I'm the fucking idiot? You're the one who posted 171 and 141. I'm sorry, but that's not how many innings he pitched with the Cubs.

I JUST TOLD YOU HOW I GOT THAT NUMBER. I believe that Po is the one who brought up that managers don't really effect teams and that it's no more than 5 games in either direction. I don't believe that the day/night has as much effect as a manager. Therefore, 4 < 5. Do I need to go through that with you a 3rd time?

I did but thats just a thought or I guess a generalized thought. No real way to prove or disprove it.

Just like noone can disprove your 4 wins number, and I know this because no one has. They just mock you for actually making a statement.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did but thats just a thought or I guess a generalized thought. No real way to prove or disprove it.

Just like noone can disprove your 4 wins number, and I know this because no one has. They just mock you for actually making a statement.

And for having the ability to use a baseball statistic site to prove my point.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got garbage? Yeah, Rich Harden was terrible for us. 4 WAR in 212 IP. That really sucks.

I'm the fucking idiot? You're the one who posted 171 and 141. I'm sorry, but that's not how many innings he pitched with the Cubs.

I JUST TOLD YOU HOW I GOT THAT NUMBER. I believe that Po is the one who brought up that managers don't really effect teams and that it's no more than 5 games in either direction. I don't believe that the day/night has as much effect as a manager. Therefore, 4 < 5. Do I need to go through that with you a 3rd time?

moron, the first set of innings is the combined innings he pitched the first year with the cubs while he was pitching with OAK. 71 + 77= 148 total innings in 2008( I will repeat, that is combined with oak and cubs in 1 season ) Next season was 2009 where he pitched 141 innings. Not hard to understand.

your last paragraph is all fodder. There is no proof of that, but you can have your opinion.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
moron...but you can have your opinion.

Yep. And instead of people coming back with their own opinion or trying to disprove it they just attack the fact he said something.

Everyone else was just pussy footing around and not really saying anything.

On a side note it's kinda in just attacking what people say rather than saying anything yourself.

No wonder jntg has so many posts. I could probably have 10k too with no intelligence located in my posts and just rode on the coattails of others.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did I edit my last post? I need to pad my stats.

This post makes up for it.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
moron, the first set of innings is the combined innings he pitched the first year with the cubs while he was pitching with OAK. 71 + 77= 148 total innings in 2008( I will repeat, that is combined with oak and cubs in 1 season ) Next season was 2009 where he pitched 141 innings. Not hard to understand.

your last paragraph is all fodder. There is no proof of that, but you can have your opinion.

Did I ever claim to have proof? Did I ever claim it to be more than just an opinion?

Yes, the first set of number is his total IP in 08, I know how to use fangraphs, thank you very much. But why does that matter at all? Let's take a look at what you posted.
in the 1st season combined oak/chc- 148 innings
in the 1st full season with chc-141 innings

oh, and he had a combined WAR of 4.

Cominbed WAR of 4 after you list the # of IP in 2 seasons. Now were we really supposed to know what you meant? I don't know about Po, but my mind reading skills are a little shaky over 100 miles.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mine's getting better.

The more worthless posts you have the better it gets.

Mines gone up ten fold tonight.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did I ever claim to have proof? Did I ever claim it to be more than just an opinion?

Yes, the first set of number is his total IP in 08, I know how to use fangraphs, thank you very much. But why does that matter at all? Let's take a look at what you posted.

Cominbed WAR of 4 after you list the # of IP in 2 seasons. Now were we really supposed to know what you meant? I don't know about Po, but my mind reading skills are a little shaky over 100 miles.

Im not too concerned with my reading skills.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
because you wouldnt ansewer when I called you out on it! dope!

You asked at 8:22, I replied at 8:29, I'm sorry that 7 minutes was too long.

You still derailed a thread, me not answering came after you posted something completely unrelated to the thread. Sequence of Events, bro

Im not too concerned with my reading skills.

Me either, they are some stellar skillz. I'm jealous, actually.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stats don't correlate well!!!

Stats shouldn't be used to evaluate players!!!!

Rabble rabble!!!

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You still derailed a thread, me not answering came after you posted something completely unrelated to the thread. Sequence of Events, bro

Nice range factor...... Bro

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck! WAR is not a stat! STFU! jesus christ you are fucking stupid.

I'm stupid for having the ability to look up a number that correlates to wins better than any number you use? If that's your definition of stupid, then yes, I am stupid. Since when do we have to only use stats here, anyway? I could have swore that JNTG's made up formulas were pretty widely accepted here. If those are accepted, I don't see why WAR isn't, when WAR actually correlates to win, where as Jntg's correlates to the number of times Poodski and I tag teamed his mom.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

:rolleyes: I must have paid someone off to pass the BAR, and my series exams. but hey, I cant read.

Now go back and do the "live lake" search query for Dewssox79 and search "business" on dewssox79.

Status
Not open for further replies.