Jimmy Garoppolo is not the answer

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to see what Barkley can do over the next 4 weeks with this band aid of an OL and WR core vs playoff caliber teams. Jimmy has not faced any adversity in the NFL. Before you garble on Jimmy's load project him on this team with this roster as we stand here today rather then look at his 6 quarters of play on the Patriots team.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I challenge you to watch all his NFL throws and challenge anything I said in my initial post. You won't because you can't. You are great at being a snarky little cunt though.

Your argument against him is Cassell and Mallett are bad and he has limited regular season reps so he must be bad....shit is weak as fuck.
He looked good in his 60 NFL throws. You know who else looked good in 2 NFL starts, Matt Flynn. JG has done nothing but play 1.25 games well for the best HC/OC combo in the NFL that had the entire offseason to prepare for his mini stint.
I had thought your man love name and avatar was sort of a parody, but I am leaning to you having more of a real very creepy attachment to JG. Marino/Rogers/Brees-esque? Give me a fucking break. All message board posturing aside, he is an intriguing prospect worth what he was drafted as, a 2nd rounder. He is nothing more than he was in 2014.
Please explain what he has done that would make him of greater value than when he was the 62nd pick 3 years ago?

Oh and thanks for admiring my level of snarky cuntedness, I work on it daily.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
He looked good in his 60 NFL throws. You know who else looked good in 2 NFL starts, Matt Flynn. JG has done nothing but play 1.25 games well for the best HC/OC combo in the NFL that had the entire offseason to prepare for his mini stint.
I had thought your man love name and avatar was sort of a parody, but I am leaning to you having more of a real very creepy attachment to JG. Marino/Rogers/Brees-esque? Give me a fucking break. All message board posturing aside, he is an intriguing prospect worth what he was drafted as, a 2nd rounder. He is nothing more than he was in 2014.
Please explain what he has done that would make him of greater value than when he was the 62nd pick 3 years ago?

I agree completely lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight. We shouldnt of traded for Cutler but we should for a guy who played great for 4 games? Patriots all one of my teams and they have the most friendly QB system in the NFL. Case and point, Matt Cassel. I am telling you right now, if we trade for Cassel....he will suck. What should we do? Im not sold on Watson or any other QB in this draft class. If Barkley plays decent for the rest of the games, let him start next year. Then if you want to draft a QB that they are high on, i'm all for it.

Wow where to start with this.

1. Matt Cassel was a 7th round pick who did not even start in college. He was not a talented QB he was a mirage. Jimmy Garapollo was a 2nd round pick and a top 5 QB in the draft.

2. You are not trading for Garapollo only because of what he did in a QB friendly system. You are trading for him because he is a very talented guy, and in addition you have seen that the NFL game is not too big for him.

3. Lets not trade for a QB because he plays in NE, but lets start a QB who was taken in the 4th round and then scrap heaped by 2 NFL Franchises, and then was not thought of as good enough to sign to a roster by 32 teams, including the Bears.

4. John Fox is going into a win or be fired season do you really think he is going to ride or die with Matt Barkley? When you get a job would you be willing to stake it on Barkley?

5. If the Bears go 3-13 in 2017 and are high enough to pick a top QB, Pace and Fox will not be here to make the pick. This is not Maddon where you just turn the game back on and you get to keep playing even if you suck.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Oh and thanks for admiring my level of snarky cuntedness, I work on it daily.

He has only played 1.5 NFL games.

He was also a top NFL prospect when he was drafted in 2014, so the guy has talent and now he has been tutored and developed by the best organization in football.

He should have gone higher than 62 in 2014.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Wow where to start with this.

1. Matt Cassel was a 7th round pick who did not even start in college. He was not a talented QB he was a mirage. Jimmy Garapollo was a 2nd round pick and a top 5 QB in the draft.

2. You are not trading for Garapollo only because of what he did in a QB friendly system. You are trading for him because he is a very talented guy, and in addition you have seen that the NFL game is not too big for him.

3. Lets not trade for a QB because he plays in NE, but lets start a QB who was taken in the 4th round and then scrap heaped by 2 NFL Franchises, and then was not thought of as good enough to sign to a roster by 32 teams, including the Bears.

4. John Fox is going into a win or be fired season do you really think he is going to ride or die with Matt Barkley? When you get a job would you be willing to stake it on Barkley?

5. If the Bears go 3-13 in 2017 and are high enough to pick a top QB, Pace and Fox will not be here to make the pick. This is not Maddon where you just turn the game back on and you get to keep playing even if you suck.

if he plays good the rest of the year? Yes I am. Hell Barkley would have a bigger sample size then Jimmy has had. Well of course he is talented. Isnt Kaepernick talented too? I can name plenty of talented QBs who are crap.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've noticed that anytime a poster has an idea for a Bears trade, it's always amazingly one-sided in favor of the Bears.

My point being this: is there any, slight indication that the Patriots are looking to trade him.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has only played 1.5 NFL games.

He was also a top NFL prospect when he was drafted in 2014, so the guy has talent and now he has been tutored and developed by the best organization in football.

He should have gone higher than 62 in 2014.

I don't know how many here have ever really looked at an Eastern Illinois football schedule. This was his senior year. You really have nothing to go by here.

San Diego State San Diego, Calif. W 40-18 Details
9/7/2013 Southern Illinois Carbondale, Ill. W 40-37 Details
9/14/2013 Illinois State Charleston, Ill. W 57-24 Details
9/21/2013 Northern Illinois DeKalb, Ill. L 39-43 Details
9/28/2013 Eastern Kentucky Charleston, Ill. W 42-7 Details
10/10/2013 Austin Peay Clarksville, Tenn. W 63-7 Details
10/19/2013 Southeast Missouri Charleston, Ill. W 55-33 Details
10/26/2013 Tennessee State Nashville, Tenn. W 34-16 Details
11/2/2013 Tennessee Tech Charleston, Ill. W 56-21 Details
11/9/2013 Murray State Murray, Ky. W 37-17 Details
11/16/2013 Jacksonville State Charleston, Ill. W 52-14 Details
11/23/2013 UT Martin Martin, Tenn. W 70-22 Details
12/7/2013 Tennessee State Charleston, Ill. W 51-10 Details
12/13/2013 Towson

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've noticed that anytime a poster has an idea for a Bears trade, it's always amazingly one-sided in favor of the Bears.

My point being this: is there any, slight indication that the Patriots are looking to trade him.

Both Schefter and Bill Polian expect that he will be dealt.

The simplest reason being that he can leave in 2018 and you get nothing for him and that is something the Patriots refuse to do.

They knew that this would happen so they took Brissett to restart the 4 year window of control.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know how many here have ever really looked at an Eastern Illinois football schedule. This was his senior year. You really have nothing to go by here.

12/13/2013 Towson

Agreed, it was one of the reasons that he fell in the draft.

But now we have seen a glimpse that the NFL game is not too much and the step up in competition fears are decreased.

bearsden

Liked Posts:

12/13/2013 Towson

what are you talking about? He played Murray State! After seeing his level of difficulty, i'm more sold on him!

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Agreed, it was one of the reasons that he fell in the draft.

But now we have seen a glimpse that the NFL game is not too much and the step up in competition fears are decreased.

Oh yes, he did a great job with the screen passes!

bearsden

Liked Posts:

No that is not true! I think they will trade Jimmy for a 7th round pick but they also have to give up there 1st round as well with Jimmy!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
what are you talking about? He played Murray State! After seeing his level of difficulty, i'm more sold on him!

Great thing we took Ego Ferguson over him in the 2nd round. He played in the SEC!!!!!!

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight. We shouldnt of traded for Cutler but we should for a guy who played great for 4 games? Patriots all one of my teams and they have the most friendly QB system in the NFL. Case and point, Matt Cassel. I am telling you right now, if we trade for Cassel....he will suck. What should we do? Im not sold on Watson or any other QB in this draft class. If Barkley plays decent for the rest of the games, let him start next year. Then if you want to draft a QB that they are high on, i'm all for it.
Good post, fake me.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
You were removed from this conversation when you suggested starting Matt Barkley for a season.

If he plays amazing the rest of the year? Any smart coach would just say ehhhh lets draft a QB in the first round! Which all of them are gambles!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP is a Jimmy hater. Should be banned.

Let's open a Jimmy Garoppolo sub-forum. Think we should just force him on the Bears since Pace doesn't know what's best for this team.

Jimmy Garoppolo + Jordan Howard = Super Bowl It really is that simple, people. From worst to first just like that.