Jimmy Garoppolo is not the answer

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The 2 2nd round picks and a 4th is a little more than the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith.

Generally speaking unproven QBs have been traded for 2nd round picks, but most of those guys were not 2nd round picks to start. Therefor I think it will take a little more to get Garapollo.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Great thing we took Ego Ferguson over him in the 2nd round. He played in the SEC!!!!!!

lol so now we shouldnt draft SEC because we messed up on one pick? Which its still very premature to say he is a bust. I mean he's 25...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol so now we shouldnt draft SEC because we messed up on one pick? Which its still very premature to say he is a bust. I mean he's 25...

He is a bust.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
OP is a Jimmy hater. Should be banned.

Let's open a Jimmy Garoppolo sub-forum. Think we should just force him on the Bears since Pace doesn't know what's best for this team.

Jimmy Garoppolo + Jordan Howard = Super Bowl It really is that simple, people. From worst to first just like that.

lol of course superbowl! Hell lets get Cassel to the Bears! Superbowl and wont have to give up much for him!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
isnt he still with the Bears?

He is on IR and most new he was not going to make the team.

I am not sure if they released him off of IR. I thought they did.

He stinks.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he plays amazing the rest of the year? Any smart coach would just say ehhhh lets draft a QB in the first round! Which all of them are gambles!

Austint, give up on posting for a bit. Please. I'm looking out for the good of ccs here

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trading for Jimmy is less risk than taking a QB at 4.

You are investing less.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol of course superbowl! Hell lets get Cassel to the Bears! Superbowl and wont have to give up much for him!
Matt Cassel =/= Jimmy Garoppolo. They are 2 separate people. Jimmy is 9 years younger. You are about to be banned so please make your final posts much better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the draft goes

1. Cleveland: QB
2. San Francisco: QB
3. Jacksonville: Myles Garrett
4. Bears:

You are left picking the last remaining QB who you may not even like?

We are going to further screw ourselves when the Jets pass us and go to 4.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
Matt Cassel =/= Jimmy Garoppolo. They are 2 separate people. Jimmy is 9 years younger. You are about to be banned so please make your final posts much better.

Alright football guru. Please tell me your reason on why you are 100% sold on Jimmy?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol ok. I like how you said he was cut.

Technically speaking he was waived/injured.

Which means he was cut, anyone could have signed him, and they did not and he reverts to IR. He has essentially been cut, he is not with the team anymore and his locker has been cleaned out according to Jeff Dickerson.

You will notice that Cutler was placed on IR and was not waived/injured.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He has only played 1.5 NFL games.

He was also a top NFL prospect when he was drafted in 2014, so the guy has talent and now he has been tutored and developed by the best organization in football.

He should have gone higher than 62 in 2014.
Well NFL GM's passed on him until #62, so what has he done since then that would make them change their opinion so much so that a team like the Bears would give up #35( nearly a first round choice), another second, and a 4th as you suggested?

He may garner higher than #62, but your picks are equivalent to a top 15 pick. Do you actually believe he his 60 NFL passes has elevated him by a round and a half?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Alright football guru. Please tell me your reason on why you are 100% sold on Jimmy?

No one is 100% sold on him, you really can't be on any QB that is available. There are like 10 QBs in the league I am sold on.

The Basics

1. Very accurate
2. Quick release and seems to be a very good decision maker
3. Great feet, can move and threaten with his legs
4. Good intangibles

Oh and in addition to having the skills to be an NFL QB he has now sat and learned from the best QB and coach in the NFL for 3 years.

And before you make you lame Matt Cassel reference, Matt Cassel had no physical skills what soever, it is why he was an UDFA and it is why he never started in college. They are nothing a like other than they played for NE.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I have one better, did you see Connor Shaw in Preseason. Superbowl MVP!
Completed 50% of his passes, 0 TDs and 1 Int. Can we get serious? Conor is even bald. You can't trust bald people.