Joakim Noah

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He sucked all season.

Eh. I didn't think he sucked all season. I really thought that it came down to Gasol really limiting what the Bulls needed him to do so his numbers dipped. Really though the Noah playoff bed shitting is habitual going all the way back to the 2010-2011 season when Thibs wasn't even putting him on the floor in crunch time(along with Boozer) bc he was so ineffective. Noah is a nice grindy energy player but those guys have to be the #4 or 5 guys on your team at best(see: Thompson, Tristan) while the Bulls rely on Noah to be a key cog where if he's awful or ineffective the team can't win series.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eh. I didn't think he sucked all season. I really thought that it came down to Gasol really limiting what the Bulls needed him to do so his numbers dipped. Really though the Noah playoff bed shitting is habitual going all the way back to the 2010-2011 season when Thibs wasn't even putting him on the floor in crunch time(along with Boozer) bc he was so ineffective. Noah is a nice grindy energy player but those guys have to be the #4 or 5 guys on your team at best(see: Thompson, Tristan) while the Bulls rely on Noah to be a key cog where if he's awful or ineffective the team can't win series.
Nah, the missing easy layups, even that awful looking jump shot that he use to be pretty good at just wasn't the same anymore. Defensively he wasn't really any different other than Gasol caused him the need to play defense MORE.

Agree on the playoff front. I think the 2013 Nets series is the only series he's really had an positive impact on. Kinda of like Thibs in that regard. Shows up for the regular season but doesn't know how to handle the playoffs.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nah, the missing easy layups, even that awful looking jump shot that he use to be pretty good at just wasn't the same anymore. Defensively he wasn't really any different other than Gasol caused him the need to play defense MORE.

Noah actually shot better this year from 3-16 feet than he has ever shot before. His layup% dropped and that obviously hurt but I didn't think he sucked all year. Then again I've always been one of the more luke warm Noah guys so relative to what I previously saw from him or thought of him this season wasn't a huge departure. Perhaps some of it has to do with perspective of what we thought Noah was prior to this year.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
When do we find out what ailment he was suffering from during postseason? Not that he used to be a scorer, but he asst least made his put backs

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When do we find out what ailment he was suffering from during postseason? Not that he used to be a scorer, but he asst least made his put backs
Give it a week. They'll come out with something like Noah was playing through 900 injuries and whatnot.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Well, I know their physicals are today, hut I can't imagine their injuries are a surprise.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I never once said he was the same Jo. I simply said that he is still a valuable piece to what we are trying to accomplish....if you disagree you can, but know youre siding against most, if not all nba coaches and gm's, since they would take noah on their teams in a hearbeat. damn spoiled ass bulls fans

Man, when you're wrong, you're wrong. And you were so wrong.

#didntcallit

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
no, im very realistic about noah. his shooting has gone completely away since the knee injury. time will tell if that gets better again or not. but you claim he isn't an effective player anymore, and that is simply not the case. he still impacts the game in a positive way

:aj:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Man, when you're wrong, you're wrong. And you were so wrong.

#didntcallit

how was I wrong in saying that Jo is still a valuable piece that provides a positive impact on the game?

#hater #desperatetoberight

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
how was I wrong in saying that Jo is still a valuable piece that provides a positive impact on the game?

#hater #desperatetoberight

I hope you follow him to whatever team decides he might be worth being a bench player on. Lols.

"Valuable piece" ... "effective player" :lmao:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I hope you follow him to whatever team decides he might be worth being a bench player on. Lols.

"Valuable piece" ... "effective player" :lmao:

typical troll response, don't actually back anything up with any factual info

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
typical troll response, don't actually back anything up with any factual info

You're more than welcome to prove me wrong that he won't be a second string player for the rest of his career.

Or you could just stfu and save face.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You're more than welcome to prove me wrong that he won't be a second string player for the rest of his career.

Or you could just stfu and save face.

or you could try growing the fuck up? but nahhh that wont happen. and as far as him being a 2nd string player the rest of his career, I cant prove he wont be just like you cant prove he will be so your point is moot and fucking stupid

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
or you could try growing the fuck up? but nahhh that wont happen. and as far as him being a 2nd string player the rest of his career, I cant prove he wont be just like you cant prove he will be so your point is moot and fucking stupid

We can revisit this post at a later date, when you're even more wrong than you are right now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trollololololololololololololl.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We can revisit this post at a later date, when you're even more wrong than you are right now.

you know for the month of December right before he got hurt, noah was shooting 44%, so the one complaint people had about the guy was becoming less of an issue, but don't let my statistics and facts get in your way

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you know for the month of December right before he got hurt, noah was shooting 44%, so the one complaint people had about the guy was becoming less of an issue, but don't let my statistics and facts get in your way

So, you aren't and won't be wrong?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

just a fact really. if Jo starts somewhere im right? if he comes off the bench im wrong? its that black and white to you? gee that makes sense...its not like a bench player has ever had an impact before or anything :smug: