Joakim Noah

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Yes, I'm talking about this game. When was that point not clear from any of the statements that I made?

well this thread is on if Noah should have a reduced role or not...i don't even know what other post you have in this thread outside the one where you interjected yourself in my point about +/- being a garbage stat

Let's try without making everything such a polarizing argument, and be rational. k?

im being rational

This whole, bite your tongue until a player you dislike has a bad game mentality. It's Special person.

lets not paint me as some Noah hater, im not

i give props when props are due.....i don't care about being wrong....i'd rather be wrong on this

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Keep Noah off the floor to continue winning games.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Keep Noah off the floor to continue winning games.
He can play.. He played 22 minutes last night. That was fine.

He really tried to get his O going in the 1st and it was a massive failure. I'm not going to say he should stop, but he shouldn't try forcing the issue either. I just don't think he needs to be out there for 40 minutes in this series. Cleveland is playing Mozgov just as little, so that actually helps us.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He can play.. He played 22 minutes last night. That was fine.

He really tried to get his O going in the 1st and it was a massive failure. I'm not going to say he should stop, but he shouldn't try forcing the issue either. I just don't think he needs to be out there for 40 minutes in this series. Cleveland is playing Mozgov just as little, so that actually helps us.

22 minutes is about 10 mins too much imo.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nah. He was really good on the defensive end and at getting rebounds.. 22 minutes 11 rebounds 6 OFFENSIVE rebounds.. 3 blocked shots.

and like 6 missed layups. But at least he hit some free throws? #improvement

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
and like 6 missed layups. But at least he hit some free throws? #improvement
As I said, defensive end. Said he still sucks at offense. Even for him.

We'll see how he continues to respond.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As I said, defensive end. Said he still sucks at offense. Even for him.

We'll see how he continues to respond.

His defense has never been questioned. At least not by me.

IMO, he should only ever be in games to protect leads. He hurts the entire team on offense.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Dude was a terror on the glass. But then he missed 7 straight on air balled two hook shots on a single possession. Oy

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
in my mind bringing him off the bench makes all the sense in the world

but Noah was active in his time on the floor last night but wasn't overplayed to the point where he started really hurting us...so thibs did a good job with that....he closed with Hinrich though and thats a no-no

also Snell should atleast get a shot...worse case its a wash between him and Hinirch....but atleast there is a chance Snell can heat up on offense and provides more length on d

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
in my mind bringing him off the bench makes all the sense in the world

but Noah was active in his time on the floor last night but wasn't overplayed to the point where he started really hurting us...so thibs did a good job last night with that....he closed with Hinrich though and thats a no-no

Snell should atleast get a shot...i mean worse case its a wash between him and Hinirch
For the record: ALL of JR Smith's three's in the 4th... Hinrich was guarding him. Snell is a bigger body and can probably stay with JR Smith. Thibs will be Thibs though.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
For the record: ALL of JR Smith's three's in the 4th... Hinrich was guarding him. Snell is a bigger body and can probably stay with JR Smith. Thibs will be Thibs though.

yeah just added to my post how he provides more length on D

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He was the best on the boards last night than I've seen all playoffs. I don't mind all the shooting he did in the first quarter, because the only way he's going to be able to get it going is from shooting. I'd like to see him draw some more fouls on Mosgov.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Got rid of Asik to pay Noah big dollars only to end up with Asik.

Noah used to be able to hit those driving layups with good consistency. Not so much anymore. He still brings the defense and rebounding when his body allows him which doesn't happen to be that often anymore. Sooner the Bulls can get rid of him the better though. Noah's body is breaking down quickly unfortunately.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He was the best on the boards last night than I've seen all playoffs. I don't mind all the shooting he did in the first quarter, because the only way he's going to be able to get it going is from shooting. I'd like to see him draw some more fouls on Mosgov.

Exactly. They weren't guarding him on offense for 2 straight games. Just the simple fact that when he was open he was driving to the hoop to TRY and create something, forced Mozgov to play him, which opened it up for others. It sucks he couldn't throw a ball into the ocean, but that is the type of play you want to see from him. Don't give your defender a pass by being tentative on the offensive end. And his activity on both ends energized the team last night.

I do agree with most that we need more Taj out there. Taj has been the team's best defender in the playoffs. Opponents are shooting a pathetic 27% against him. He's keeping them off the glass too. In the 4th quarter, Thompson had zero offensive rebounds when Taj was guarding him. That alone deserves more minutes for him.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
if we could only some way dump Noah's contract. Maybe new York or Brooklyn. Anything to get his contract off the books. Draft some legit 7footers. Preferably with some real basketball skills, and not just the given's that u expect from a big man any how.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I enjoy year after year watching the "heart and soul" of this team get dry humped and suck in the playoffs.