I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i never said it was one of the real/major problems with Noah...my point was even his strengths are not that strong

and that is mistaken...

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
whatever man...like you said pages ago we aren't gonna agree on this....so why even bother?

that's the first true thing you've stated

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
that's the first true thing you've stated

lol

i think its you that has the clouded judgment because you like Noah and don't want to admit that maybe yeah the knee injury has hurt him to the point where hes just not effective enough anymore

i like Noah aswell i have no reason to have any ill will towards him...hes gave us his all (literally) unfortunately that seems to be the case and many others not just myself are seeing the same thing

so i suppose we all hate Noah for some unnamed reason?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
lol

i think its you that has the clouded judgment because you like Noah and don't want to admit that maybe yeah the knee injury has hurt him to the point where hes just not effective enough anymore

i like Noah aswell i have no reason to having ill will towards him ..hes gave us his all (literally) unfortunately that seems to be the case and many others not just myself are seeing the same thing

so i suppose we all hate Noah for some unnamed reason?

no, im very realistic about noah. his shooting has gone completely away since the knee injury. time will tell if that gets better again or not. but you claim he isn't an effective player anymore, and that is simply not the case. he still impacts the game in a positive way

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
no, im very realistic about noah. his shooting has gone completely away since the knee injury. time will tell if that gets better again or not. but you claim he isn't an effective player anymore, and that is simply not the case. he still impacts the game in a positive way

maybe you see Noah grab a rebound and yell to the top of his lungs and you think "this guy is having a positive impact"....but either you're not realizing or you're ignoring the huge negative he is on offense

him not being able to score allows for players to cheat off of him and double/clog the paint or what have you...that in turn hurts the Bulls offense overall because they are playing 4 on 5 basketball

defensively Noah is not the same impact player he was either and thats due to 2 reasons 1. his knee injury robbed him of his quickness and 2. hes playing out of position

so with that....you got to ask Noah:

what-exactly-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
maybe you see Noah grab a rebound and yell to the top of his lungs and you think "this guy is having a positive impact"....but either you're not realizing or you're ignoring the huge negative he is on offense

him not being able to score allows for players to cheat off of him and double/clog the paint or what have you...that in turn hurts the Bulls offense overall because they are playing 4 on 5 basketball

defensively Noah is not the same impact player he was either and thats due to 2 reasons 1. his knee injury robbed him of his quickness and 2. hes playing out of position

so with that....you got to ask Noah:

what-exactly-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg

typical overreaction from you

:enough:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about spacing, screens, knowing your role, and passing ability?

When a defensive monster athlete loses athleticism, you see this all the time. Garnett, Ben Wallace, etc. Noah has elements to his game much like Rodman did beyond scoring. Knowing his roll means we rarely see the pistols come out anymore. Why? Well....on THIS team Noah is the fifth shooter unless Hinrich is out there (half kidding),

but Noah's 10 points and 10 rebounds don't take shots away from anybody. They are high efficiency layups and paint battles he wins.

Its possible his knee gets better next year, but he was always slight of build and this was always going to happen. He is still considered a top 5 passing big man in the NBA. He fits well. You can't have Rose, Butler, shooting SF role, and Gasol and then have a center taking outside shots. Noah plays his role and because of his unselfish hard nosed work ethic we have a chance at this thing.

An all-star center would usually be creating a me me ruckus right now. Even Boozer complained about coming out for 4th quarters, but Noah? "Whatever helps the team win, I'll come off the bench."

This attitude pervades the team. Guys like Gibson/Butler who are super chill and may not care that much would bleed and die for Noah. Rose beats his own drum. Noah is our soul. You cannot really put a price on it. I would love to know what Noah said after game 5, or before game 6 of last series. It had his passionate pleas all over it. He is the only one that can get through to this team sometimes, imo.

Would I prefer we had package Noah and assets for Aldridge? Yes....because Aldridge is by far the bigger man, and other than endurance the better athlete in every way. Noah has a slight lanky build and he maximizes what he has. He isn't going to get much stronger, faster, etc.

It is what it is? but why are you crying about it? Get on his back right now, we need him. He helps us, and he is important out there. He does all the little things and has to deal with Gasol's shitty immobile rebounding and slow footed box outs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah has been a shell of himself. Anyone can see that. I don't think he's as big a negative as some would say, but missing point blank layups? There's clearly something up with him. He can't even hit free throws anymore. Something is wrong with him.

That said, he can still come up with big rebounds and set good screens and play decent defense at times in spite of all the issues he's having. Imo in order to keep these positives, he can't be playing 40 minutes a game. Between 25-30 tops should allow him enough energy to do keep doing the hustle things that he does while also keeping him off the floor for enough time for us to have 5 offensive threats on the floor.

Again, stagger his minutes with Gasol's so they're not on the floor together very often and much of the deficiencies we see from his defense will disappear.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The minutes Noah played last night are exactly the amount of time he should see. You can also gauge how he's playing on whether he deserves more or not. If he's playing like he did in Game 5 against Milwaukee, you can afford to keep him out there longer.

I think Gasol/Taj is a good closing front court for the 4th quarter in this series. We can re-evaluate for the next if there is one.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The minutes Noah played last night are exactly the amount of time he should see. You can also gauge how he's playing on whether he deserves more or not. If he's playing like he did in Game 5 against Milwaukee, you can afford to keep him out there longer.

I think Gasol/Taj is a good closing front court for the 4th quarter in this series. We can re-evaluate for the next if there is one.
I'm of the opinion that Rose/Butler/Snell/Gibson/Gasol gives us the best offense/defense balance to close games. If for whatever reason Cleveland is going small though, we can run Brooks with Rose in the backcourt and still do decent.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm of the opinion that Rose/Butler/Snell/Gibson/Gasol gives us the best offense/defense balance to close games. If for whatever reason Cleveland is going small though, we can run Brooks with Rose in the backcourt and still do decent.
Yeah, but Thibs seems to have put Snell in the doghouse and favors Kirk.

He'd never play Brooks in that situation due to the fact Brooks can't play defense. Thibs is really hounding on defense for this series and not utilizing his offensive weapons to the max. Its really the usual typical Thibs.

That's probably the #1 thing that worries me about this series. Thibs is going defense first instead of going for a balance attack, which WILL beat this Cleveland team as long as the shots that should go in do.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah his confidence seems shook

i think he'd be more effective off the bench playing his natural position...currently hes hurting more than helping (atleast in my eyes for you Noah lovers :shifty:)...so why not try it for a game atleast?

Kerr had the balls to bench lee and iggy for the betterment of the team...why not thibs?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah his confidence seems shook

i really think he'd be more effective off the bench playing his natural position...but hes hurting more than helping right now

atleast based on my opinion others seem to see something else
Yes he'd be more effective playing center, but he's not gonna come off the bench. Potentially, that might shake his confidence more than it already is. I don't know how much something like that matters to him, but I think as long as he's not on the floor at the same time as Gasol we'll see better play out of him.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yes he'd be more effective playing center, but he's not gonna come off the bench. Potentially, that might shake his confidence more than it already is. I don't know how much something like that matters to him, but I think as long as he's not on the floor at the same time as Gasol we'll see better play out of him.

well they have to play with each at some point if neither comes off the bench

you suggesting the Bogans role for Noah? (start, play a few minutes, then get subbed)

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well they have to play with each at some point if neither comes off the bench

you suggesting the Bogans role for Noah? (start, play a few minutes, then get subbed)
Well not to the point where he plays 18 minutes a game, but if he's only playing 12 minutes with Gasol as opposed to 25, I think that'll help both guys.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
it's like arguing with love struck stalkers when it pertains to Noah.ARE WINNING IN SPITE OF NOAH ON THE FLOOR. He DOES NOT FIT WITH THE CURRENT STARTERS. This is not knee jerk reaction. At the beginning of training camp they should have decided which F'IN center they wanted to start. NOAH IS NOT A POWERFOWARD! As a coach u are paid to get past emotions and put a line-up on the floor that COMPLEMENTS EACH OTHER. It's not a death sentence to be put on the bench. Jamal Crawford for the clips is great off the bench. Manu Ginobli is great off the bench. Some of you act like if we had Anthony Davis he would have to come off the bench for Noah. This should have been done at the beginning of the season. This is one of the reasons i have an issue with Thibbs. When Gasol is in the post and he gets double teamed and passes to Noah he does not want to shoot which allows the defense to get back to there man. He be wide open and be looking like somebody's YMCA uncle with those terrible high dribbles. then he stops and drags his pivot foot trying to find someone to pass the ball 2. Every situation is NOT a passing situation sometimes U NEED TO SHOOT THE BALL. One problem though he is afraid to shoot or can't shoot. That's kinda important in basketball.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
I hope that i'm proven wrong, because ultimately i want the team to win. Cleveland is going to try different things to exploit certain weaknesses. When they go small and have a shooter at the 4 position Noah's instincts are that of a big man and he stay's in the paint. Leaving his man wide open. Got lucky that there guys missed the shots last night. Like AirGordan i like Noah, i just believe that Taj is a better fit with the starters and would even get more production from the bench with Noah playing with shooters as opposed to slahers that are in the starting line-up.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Bulls played better(significantly) with Noah on the floor than with Taj.

So who is Noah being replaced with in the line-up in these suggestions? Gasol at C, Niko at PF?

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
U crazy as hell. When the bulls had the 16 point lead and kyrie went on his little run, the ball kept ending up in Noah's hands.(empty possessions) Our best line-up was Taj at the 4. period.