Joakim Noah

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that the officiating also has a lot to do with Noah's problem. They are playing off of him except when the Bulls offense sets up. Then they are being allowed to manhandle both he and Gasol. IN a fairly refereed game, the Bucks would get into immediate foul trouble but the refs are not calling it. Thibs is going insane at how this is going down.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think that the officiating also has a lot to do with Noah's problem. They are playing off of him except when the Bulls offense sets up. Then they are being allowed to manhandle both he and Gasol. IN a fairly refereed game, the Bucks would get into immediate foul trouble but the refs are not calling it. Thibs is going insane at how this is going down.

certainly some truth to that. that being said, pau still looks like he has never seen a double team to save his life

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do agree that Gibson should have replaced Noah in the 4th quarter of the last game and brought Gasol also back onto the court earlier in that quarter. It is lucky that none of the Bulls got hurt seriously in that game. Gasol was raked in the eye. Mayo could've really hurt Gibson. DIrty shit and shitty refereeing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
certainly some truth to that. that being said, pau still looks like he has never seen a double team to save his life
I don't even think the Cavs will double him. They'll just have Mozgov play him as physical as possible.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't even think the Cavs will double him. They'll just have Mozgov play him as physical as possible.
Which if you remember the game before the All-Star Break.. Mozgov was in foul trouble a lot.. and Rose and Pau played pick and pop all night long.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which if you remember the game before the All-Star Break.. Mozgov was in foul trouble a lot.. and Rose and Pau played pick and pop all night long.
I'm surprised they haven't done that more against the Bucks...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised they haven't done that more against the Bucks...
Rose either shoots three's or wants to drive all the way to the basket. There's also too many possessions the Bulls are playing 4 vs 5.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rose either shoots three's or wants to drive all the way to the basket. There's also too many possessions the Bulls are playing 4 vs 5.
Yes, whenever Noah is on the floor the Bulls are playing 4 vs 5 offensively.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
since when is noah on this team for his offense anyways??
At the very least he could put up an open layup or hit a short mid range jumper (as ugly looking as it was).. He can't do that anymore.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Since last year where he racked up assists like crazy

he averaged 5.5 assists per 36 min last year and this year he averages 5.5 assists per 36 min :shrug:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
At the very least he could put up an open layup or hit a short mid range jumper (as ugly looking as it was).. He can't do that anymore.

this is true....that is the only aspect of his game that drastically went down this year is his shooting %. its obvious the knee injury has effected that, his balance is off im sure

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
this is true....that is the only aspect of his game that drastically went down this year is his shooting %. its obvious the knee injury has effected that, his balance is off im sure
Free throws too. he's 0/6 in this series and shot a career low 60% this season. That can come in to haunt us too in these playoffs if he's out there late in games.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Free throws too. he's 0/6 in this series and shot a career low 60% this season. That can come in to haunt us too in these playoffs if he's out there late in games.

yeah I include free throws in the category of shooting lol other than shooting though, his numbers were as good or better than last year. people forget he played almost 5 fewer min per game this year, so of course all his numbers "look" down

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah I include free throws in the category of shooting lol other than shooting though, his numbers were as good or better than last year. people forget he played almost 5 fewer min per game this year, so of course all his numbers "look" down
Numbers aside though, he just hasn't been providing a constant impact like he has before. There's a ton of reasons why I'm sure, but the fact remains that at least in this series he has not been good at all.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Numbers aside though, he just hasn't been providing a constant impact like he has before. There's a ton of reasons why I'm sure, but the fact remains that at least in this series he has not been good at all.

sure, but anyone who expected anything else was blind to the fact he was going to be playing hurt all year long. IMO you could make a case that he exceeded expectations, considering he played the whole year on a bum leg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
sure, but anyone who expected anything else was blind to the fact he was going to be playing hurt all year long. IMO you could make a case that he exceeded expectations, considering he played the whole year on a bum leg
Well sure, but if you're hurt so bad you can't even make free throws anymore (recall that Noah was formerly around 75%), maybe you should be playing less minutes. And really, I think that's all people here are getting at.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well sure, but if you're hurt so bad you can't even make free throws anymore (recall that Noah was formerly around 75%), maybe you should be playing less minutes. And really, I think that's all people here are getting at.

yep, im aware his free throws are down about 15%. but again, noah isn't on the team for his free throw shooting. when he was hitting 75% that was like an added bonus that people grew accustomed to. and he has been playing less minutes all year long...if people want him to play even less than he has, then I guess its fine, but I don't think a few less min will make much of a difference. 25 - 30 min is good for him IMO