Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yep, im aware his free throws are down about 15%. but again, noah isn't on the team for his free throw shooting. when he was hitting 75% that was like an added bonus that people grew accustomed to. and he has been playing less minutes all year long...if people want him to play even less than he has, then I guess its fine, but I don't think a few less min will make much of a difference. 25 - 30 min is good for him IMO
I would think most would agree with that minute range. He's averaging 36 minutes so far this series.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Team turnovers
Joakim on the floor: 62 in 144 minutes; 20.6 turnovers per 48
Joakim off the floor: 12 in 58 minutes; 9.9 turnovers per 48

Team scoring/defense
Joakim On: 97.4 offense / 101.8 defense / -4.5 per 100
Joakim Off: 114.3 offense / 81.9 defense / +32.4 per 100
Joakim Net: -16.9 offense / -19.9 defense / -36.9 net per 100

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
noah with 8 points 5 rebounds 5 assists 3 blocks with ZERO turnovers in the first half...but yeah the guy sucks and is washed up.... :lol:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
noah with 8 points 5 rebounds 5 assists 3 blocks with ZERO turnovers in the first half...but yeah the guy sucks and is washed up.... :lol:
Team turnovers
Joakim on the floor: 62 in 144 minutes; 20.6 turnovers per 48
Joakim off the floor: 12 in 58 minutes; 9.9 turnovers per 48

Team scoring/defense
Joakim On: 97.4 offense / 101.8 defense / -4.5 per 100
Joakim Off: 114.3 offense / 81.9 defense / +32.4 per 100
Joakim Net: -16.9 offense / -19.9 defense / -36.9 net per 100

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
u can'not tell me that during trainig camp that watching Noah next to Gasol was a better fit than Gibson. One player has an offensive game that he has worked on that could benefit the team the other is Noah. "hey let me come to the primary ball handler and set a pick bringing my defender to double you because we all see they don't even guard Noah". Hey let's encourage Noah to think he is a point center and have free range to dribble the ball up the court when a guard is available. THIS IS NOT LAST YEARS ROSTER. And Thibbs is not safe either, a good/great coach would have fixed all of these problems in the first month of the season instead of sweeping them under a rug as Thibbs does. Embarrassing!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Noah 1 for his last 14 free throws...0-8 in this series

he hasn't took more than 2 in a game but interesting bit...hope hack-a-noah doesn't become a thing

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Exactly one year and one week ago, Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah was named the 2013-2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year. It was the culmination of an incredible season-long effort from Noah. He used his unending energy and craftiness and always seemed to end up in the right spot on the floor at the right time to annoy and affect plenty of opponents.

Flash forward to the present and Noah is still that high-energy player that ends up all over the floor, except now he is negatively affecting is the Bulls. For the series, Chicago is eight points per 100 possession better on offense and 10.3 points per 100 possessions better on defense when Noah is off the floor, numbers that both seem to match the eye test.

The obvious answer is that Noah is still injured. Considering that he was questionable for Game 1 of the series with a hamstring injury, combined with the fact that Noah has played a ton of minutes this season, and really every recent season under Tom Thibodeau, it isn’t a surprise to see Noah struggling.

The problem is that it looks like the decline could be more than just injuries. Noah was never a player who relied on a lot of athleticism to get his work done, instead relying on perfect timing and the maximization of the athleticism he had. All of a sudden though, Noah is constantly a step slow or an inch too low on a layup attempt—leading to many of his problems. So far in the series Noah is shooting just 45.2 percent from in front of the rim in the series and the Bucks aren’t even pretending to be worried about him. Milwaukee often puts wing players on Noah when they go small and yet the Bulls continuously end up with Noah missing looks inside that leads to Bucks rebounds and transition opportunities.

What makes it all so sad and frustrating as someone who loves watching Noah play, are the little glimpses of the old Joakim that appear randomly. From the bounce passes through traffic from the elbow, to the outworking of every other player on the floor to grab an offensive rebound good Noah is doing all he can to return.

Maybe it is just the injuries causing Noah to struggle and with some time off he will return to being the guy we have all come to love and appreciate but there are warning signs that isn’t the case. The Bulls were actually better offensively with Noah off the floor this season and there was just a 0.1 point per 100 possessions difference defensively when he played or sat. Noah clearly declined this season at least a bit, now it just remains to be seen how much of that is permanent.

One thing is for certain, basketball is better with a feisty Joakim Noah making huge plays on both ends of the floor and trash talking opponents. If we have truly seen the last of that player, we have all lost.

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/2015/04...ne/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Heart and soul of the team.

Never guarded.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a dang shame really...

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's a dang shame really...
Always something with this team this year.

Unless things do suddenly come together, I am all for blowing up this team in the offseason.

Noah is an expiring contract and I think good trade bait. Maybe we can snag a young prospect center and a few draft picks.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Unless things do suddenly come together, I am all for blowing up this team in the offseason.

Noah is an expiring contract and I think good trade bait. Maybe we can snag a young prospect center and a few draft picks.
I'd be down for trying to build around Jimmy and Niko. I don't think we could ever be bad enough to get top level picks though so I'm not sure how this rebuild would go since we'll probably end up with a bunch of mid to late 1sts. Once again we depend on GarPax to strike gold in the draft.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd be down for trying to build around Jimmy and Niko. I don't think we could ever be bad enough to get top level picks though so I'm not sure how this rebuild would go since we'll probably end up with a bunch of mid to late 1sts. Once again we depend on GarPax to strike gold in the draft.
No, we're never going to get lotto luck unless its through a trade. And NBA owners protect the shit out of their draft picks usually except for those greedy owners who think so and so is going to help you win now (Brooklyn trading all those picks for KG/Pierce for example).

The other thing GarPax has to consider is if they want to attempt to enter 2016 free agency or not and compete with Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, and whatever other players there may be.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, we're never going to get lotto luck unless its through a trade. And NBA owners protect the shit out of their draft picks usually except for those greedy owners who think so and so is going to help you win now (Brooklyn trading all those picks for KG/Pierce for example).

The other thing GarPax has to consider is if they want to attempt to enter 2016 free agency or not and compete with Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, and whatever other players there may be.
Well even if they did choose to enter that sweepstakes we know what their track record is...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Basically, get ready to look fondly on the Thibs years.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

wrong answer! first off, if noah is so "washed up" or "past his prime" then anything we trade him for will just be cap relief. secondly, doesn't it make sense to see how he looks next year before making his fate as a non bull sealed? lastly, don't you think noah would be open to a sort of "hometown discount" for his next contract? so even if he isn't quite the same player he used to be, he would still be a heck of a value if he agreed to something in the 5 - 8 mil a year range. the answer for you message board guys always seems to be, "he sucks, get rid of him," when there are always a multitude of options in reality :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wrong answer! first off, if noah is so "washed up" or "past his prime" then anything we trade him for will just be cap relief. secondly, doesn't it make sense to see how he looks next year before making his fate as a non bull sealed? lastly, don't you think noah would be open to a sort of "hometown discount" for his next contract? so even if he isn't quite the same player he used to be, he would still be a heck of a value if he agreed to something in the 5 - 8 mil a year range. the answer for you message board guys always seems to be, "he sucks, get rid of him," when there are always a multitude of options in reality :shrug:
I don't necessarily mean trade Noah in the offseason (despite me saying blow it up in the offseason). The Bulls have until February to trade him as an expiring contract.

Also if he isn't able to get his knee right, he isn't worth a $1 to this team. Many other big men can do exactly what he does at this moment in time and most of them at least have a jumper of some kind.

And I've been entertaining getting rid of him for some time due to his age. He's not a guy who's going to be Tim Duncan like at age 39.. once he loses his "hustle" he's done in the NBA since he really doesn't have any skills.

Its the line of thinking of "get something for him now before he becomes old, decrepit, and spends most of his time on the injury list" We may already be there.

I'm looking long term, because currently this team isn't displaying any sense of being a championship caliber team despite being built as such.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't necessarily mean trade Noah in the offseason (despite me saying blow it up in the offseason). The Bulls have until February to trade him as an expiring contract.

Also if he isn't able to get his knee right, he isn't worth a $1 to this team. Many other big men can do exactly what he does at this moment in time and most of them at least have a jumper of some kind.

And I've been entertaining getting rid of him for some time due to his age. He's not a guy who's going to be Tim Duncan like at age 39.. once he loses his "hustle" he's done in the NBA since he really doesn't have any skills.

Its the line of thinking of "get something for him now before he becomes old, decrepit, and spends most of his time on the injury list" We may already be there.

I'm looking long term, because currently this team isn't displaying any sense of being a championship caliber team despite being built as such.

if this ends up being the case, then who would give up anything of value for him in a trade in the first place?? :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if this ends up being the case, then who would give up anything of value for him in a trade in the first place?? :shrug:
In this offseason some team will take a chance on him. His value is lower, but you could get something out of him.

The risk is going into next season, hoping he's better and raises his value.. At that point you either decide to make another championship run or trade him at a high value. I think a lot would depend on what the team is doing.