CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
aint nobody got time for that. and ive noticed a lot of people want noah traded because they think he is washed up and done...but then turn around and expect to get something of value for him in a trade. THAT makes no sense to me at all :shrug:
His value is in his expiring contract.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
His value is in his expiring contract.

I understand that...but all you will get back is some over paid scrub(s) to make contract match and maybe a 2nd round draft pick then

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My crystal ball is in the shop, so I don't know what they would get in return.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if they have their MLE this offseason and what not sure they could theoretically sign someone decent as a backup big man. but will reinsdorf agree to spend even MORE $$? he has gone on record saying only when he thinks they have a shot at winning it all is he willing to spend big time over the cap. if they are already over the cap(which they will be more than likely), how can you be so sure reinsdorf will be willing to go further over the cap? they were already over the luxury tax threshold this year, and the penalty for it will go up next year for the bulls if im not mistaken

plus, cant forget they will need to find another backup PG for next season as well. brooks will be gone more than likely and we all agree kirk is donzo. certainly cant trust rose to play 82 games either
They're not in the tax this year so that penalty shouldn't apply. The MLE is only around 5M and it can be split among several players if necessary if that's really an issue. I doubt Reinsdorf would care since there's no risk of surpassing the tax threshold (upwards of 77M).

And we've found decent backup PGs for the vet min ever since Thibs has been here pretty much. They can find another Aaron Brooks/Nate Robinson/DJ Augustin/etc.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They're not in the tax this year so that penalty shouldn't apply. The MLE is only around 5M and it can be split among several players if necessary if that's really an issue. I doubt Reinsdorf would care since there's no risk of surpassing the tax threshold (upwards of 77M).

And we've found decent backup PGs for the vet min ever since Thibs has been here pretty much. They can find another Aaron Brooks/Nate Robinson/DJ Augustin/etc.

ahhh espn has the tax threshold thing done weird then...they made it appear we were 9 mil over it this year :shrug:

as far as the backup PG goes, yes they have been very good/fortunate in finding them at bargain prices, but eventually that has to run out, right? id actually like to see them use their 1st round pick on a PG for a change and try and find a longterm solution to it. then use the 2nd round pick on a backup big man that is there to eat up space and clog the paint on defense. trade Gibson for Dunleavy's replacement at the starting 3, whether they bring dunn back or not

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ahhh espn has the tax threshold thing done weird then...they made it appear we were 9 mil over it this year :shrug:

as far as the backup PG goes, yes they have been very good/fortunate in finding them at bargain prices, but eventually that has to run out, right? id actually like to see them use their 1st round pick on a PG for a change and try and find a longterm solution to it. then use the 2nd round pick on a backup big man that is there to eat up space and clog the paint on defense. trade Gibson for Dunleavy's replacement at the starting 3, whether they bring dunn back or not

That sounds like the Boozer money? Exception? IdK? fuck the nab cba....its ridiculous.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just imagine if we had Aldridge instead of Noah,Gibson, McDermot (traded when he was still 2 firsts), and a first next year.

Rose-Butler-Snell-Aldridge-Gasol Brooks, Mirotic, and rif raf.

Death to league.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact: Aldridge has never played a full regular season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd find that impossible if the luxury tax was at 76M or so this year and we're not even at 70M lol. It's all good though.

For backup PGs...yes and no. Their luck runs out when there's no more small scoring guards to sign or when one of them sucks. If we keep Thibs, I have no reason to believe they'll suck, so there just has to be no PG available for that luck to run out. I assure you, players in the mold of Aaron Brooks are quite common. That said, we may indeed be best served to draft a longterm solution at PG, especially considering Derrick's health. That'll depend on the crop though in the drafts to come. It's entirely possible our best option is to draft a big man or whatever.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd find that impossible if the luxury tax was at 76M or so this year and we're not even at 70M lol. It's all good though.

For backup PGs...yes and no. Their luck runs out when there's no more small scoring guards to sign or when one of them sucks. If we keep Thibs, I have no reason to believe they'll suck, so there just has to be no PG available for that luck to run out. I assure you, players in the mold of Aaron Brooks are quite common. That said, we may indeed be best served to draft a longterm solution at PG, especially considering Derrick's health. That'll depend on the crop though in the drafts to come. It's entirely possible our best option is to draft a big man or whatever.

as someone above pointed out, could it be boozers contract that has them over the 76 mil threshold? and yes, guys like brooks are a dime a dozen. it is funny to me though how everyone bashes thibs and his offense(or lack thereof), and yet at the same time they consider him a sort of PG whisperer....so which is it, does he know offense or not? lol

as far as draft goes, yes of course its impossible to sit here and guess what position they will draft when they themselves don't know that either right now. obviously, anything we mention is under "ideal" circumstances

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Isn't NOLA trying to move Asik? Wouldn't be a bad pickup, assuming his ludicrous contract is over. Bulls already know what they have in him. Or I suppose we can catch up with the times and find a guy that can shoot too.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Isn't NOLA trying to move Asik? Wouldn't be a bad pickup, assuming his ludicrous contract is over. Bulls already know what they have in him. Or I suppose we can catch up with the times and find a guy that can shoot too.

asik is just a free agent I believe. I think this year was his contract year

and personally, I would love signing asik if the price is right. always thought he had great value as a defensive rim protector

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
it is funny to me though how everyone bashes thibs and his offense(or lack thereof), and yet at the same time they consider him a sort of PG whisperer....so which is it, does he know offense or not? lol

well telling a guy to go out there and play his game (chuck shots) isn't exactly some sort of genius offensive mind

thibs is very questionable on offense...we don't even seem to run a offense most of the time

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
well telling a guy to go out there and play his game (chuck shots) isn't exactly some sort of genius offensive mind

thibs is very questionable on offense...we don't even seem to run a offense most of the time

so then you are taking the side that he doesn't know any offense and is not in any way some sort of "PG whisperer?" since it cant be both that he doesn't know offense but is great at taking PG's who have been given up on and making them good again(btw dj augustin wasn't a shot chucker...he was a playmaker that got everyone involved)

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
so then you are taking the side that he doesn't know any offense and is not in any way some sort of "PG whisperer?" since it cant be both that he doesn't know offense but is great at taking PG's who have been given up on and making them good again(btw dj augustin wasn't a shot chucker...he was a playmaker that got everyone involved)

thibs is good at stroking their egos and getting their confidence back...letting them play their game

Brooks/DJ had good years before they came to the Bulls

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
DJ Augustin

Not only did he give me the opportunity, he actually brought my love for the game back,” Augustin said. “You kind of lose that a little bit, your passion for the game, throughout the years in the NBA depending on playing time and different situations you may be put in…I owe him a lot. I give him credit for bringing my passion for the game back and wanting to learn and play hard. [Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy] reminds me a lot of [Thibodeau]. They’re both good coaches. He’s putting us on the right track to be a good team.”

Aaron Brooks

“I came in here lacking confidence,” Brooks admitted. “Even when I doubted myself, he was there to tell me, ‘You know what? I’ve watched you play, you’ve done well’ and just to keep working hard. It’s been a breath of fresh air for me.”

see its more a ego stroke thing than thibs being some mastermind

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
as someone above pointed out, could it be boozers contract that has them over the 76 mil threshold? and yes, guys like brooks are a dime a dozen. it is funny to me though how everyone bashes thibs and his offense(or lack thereof), and yet at the same time they consider him a sort of PG whisperer....so which is it, does he know offense or not? lol

as far as draft goes, yes of course its impossible to sit here and guess what position they will draft when they themselves don't know that either right now. obviously, anything we mention is under "ideal" circumstances
Boozer's salary doesn't matter because he was amnestied. By definition his salary does not count against us on the cap. We're not over the tax. In fact I think we are only barely above the salary cap itself.

As for Thibs...who knows? He could be very good at getting the most out of small scoring PGs and still suck at making an offense. It's weird I guess, but the offense does tend to go stagnant at times. I don't really know. I feel like Thibs isn't as bad as some might say he is, but he's not really all that great of an offensive mind.

And for the draft, I don't think we have any clue of what is "ideal" right now anyway so anything is basically a toss up for what's best or not.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Boozer's salary doesn't matter because he was amnestied. By definition his salary does not count against us on the cap. We're not over the tax. In fact I think we are only barely above the salary cap itself.

As for Thibs...who knows? He could be very good at getting the most out of small scoring PGs and still suck at making an offense. It's weird I guess, but the offense does tend to go stagnant at times. I don't really know. I feel like Thibs isn't as bad as some might say he is, but he's not really all that great of an offensive mind.

And for the draft, I don't think we have any clue of what is "ideal" right now anyway so anything is basically a toss up for what's best or not.

but what else do we have to talk about besides the draft? its not like we are in the middle of the playoffs or anything :smug: :troll:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
but what else do we have to talk about besides the draft? its not like we are in the middle of the playoffs or anything :smug: :troll:
Apparently how much of a loser Derrick Rose is or something like that