I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
In this offseason some team will take a chance on him. His value is lower, but you could get something out of him.

The risk is going into next season, hoping he's better and raises his value.. At that point you either decide to make another championship run or trade him at a high value. I think a lot would depend on what the team is doing.

trading noah would be a huge mistake IMO. Gibson is the odd man out and should be traded this offseason IMO. Gibson you will actually get something of value in return for(a wing player preferably). then you can play niko at his true position, the 4, since there wont be the logjam of bigs on our roster then

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
trading noah would be a huge mistake IMO. Gibson is the odd man out and should be traded this offseason IMO. Gibson you will actually get something of value in return for(a wing player preferably). then you can play niko at his true position, the 4, since there wont be the logjam of bigs on our roster then
I'd honestly trade both of them.

Rumor has it the organization will keep Taj incase Noah walks in 2016.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And he'll get his starting spot like 5 years too late.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I don't see how you could trade both of them. then youre starting pau and niko(no defense) with nobody off the bench backing them up....unless you think bairstow is going to be decent :lol:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't see how you could trade both of them. then youre starting pau and niko(no defense) with nobody off the bench backing them up....unless you think bairstow is going to be decent :lol:
Well you could draft someone as a backup or just pick up a cheap reserve. If you roll with the thought that Thibs is outta here in that scenario, the whole philosophy might be different anyway. We could be rolling with Rose, Butler, McDermott, Niko, and Pau as starters next year for all know lol.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well you could draft someone as a backup or just pick up a cheap reserve. If you roll with the thought that Thibs is outta here in that scenario, the whole philosophy might be different anyway. We could be rolling with Rose, Butler, McDermott, Niko, and Pau as starters next year for all know lol.

please god, no! lol...that lineup would get torched IMO
the strength of this team is its bigs...so lets take that strength and make it average at best?? doesn't make sense to me :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
please god, no! lol...that lineup would get torched IMO
the strength of this team is its bigs...so lets take that strength and make it average at best?? doesn't make sense to me :shrug:
Our strength hasn't even been that great in this series. Averaging it out in order to make the rest of the roster better doesn't necessarily scream bad idea. It all depends on execution though.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Our strength hasn't even been that great in this series. Averaging it out in order to make the rest of the roster better doesn't necessarily scream bad idea. It all depends on execution though.

this series you are correct, but that's been a 5 game sample size. and yes, im all for "averaging" it out...that's why I mentioned trading Gibson for a wing player. but you cant trade Gibson AND noah....that rips away the depth too much. and since noah is "damaged goods" according to everyone on here, it makes sense that Gibson will get you more in a trade than noah will. noah, pau, and niko as the 3 man big rotation would work with a drafted guy as the 4th big that plays 5 - 10 min a game and is injury insurance

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this series you are correct, but that's been a 5 game sample size. and yes, im all for "averaging" it out...that's why I mentioned trading Gibson for a wing player. but you cant trade Gibson AND noah....that rips away the depth too much. and since noah is "damaged goods" according to everyone on here, it makes sense that Gibson will get you more in a trade than noah will. noah, pau, and niko as the 3 man big rotation would work with a drafted guy as the 4th big that plays 5 - 10 min a game and is injury insurance
Well it's perfectly reasonable to think that if Noah and Gibson were both to be traded that another big would be acquired to help fill in that void and that that player would be relatively decent. Perhaps Brandon Bass level or Kosta Koufos level or something. Solid rotation big men. It really depends on how competitive you want the team to be at that point.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well it's perfectly reasonable to think that if Noah and Gibson were both to be traded that another big would be acquired to help fill in that void and that that player would be relatively decent. Perhaps Brandon Bass level or Kosta Koufos level or something. Solid rotation big men. It really depends on how competitive you want the team to be at that point.

well said big would cost $$ also...$$ that I don't think we will have to spend in FA, even with Gibson and noah gone. butler is going to get a max deal to go with rose's max deal. throw in pau's 7 mil, niko's 5 mil, etc...we will be at or near the cap :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well said big would cost $$ also...$$ that I don't think we will have to spend in FA, even with Gibson and noah gone. butler is going to get a max deal to go with rose's max deal. throw in pau's 7 mil, niko's 5 mil, etc...we will be at or near the cap :shrug:
A solid rotation big men won't cost that much money. I don't know if the Bulls will have an MLE this year or not or veteran exception, but they could pay someone some money to be a backup C.

I also go for the young prospect who can possibly become much much more first.

Either who Noah is on the wrong side of his NBA career at this point, and I just don't think he can play at his DOPY level anymore even if he does get his knee right.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And I understand the love and attachment for him, but we as Bulls fans and by extension the front office always do this. We overvalue our guys and thus miss trade opportunities for them. Deng is a great example of that.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well according to this: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

We're due for about 62M in salary next year with everyone minus Jimmy's extension. Noah and Butler combine for like 22M (13.4+8.5). I don't think Butler can make that much, but let's just say all that goes to Jimmy. If you're over the cap at that point, which I believe you are, you have the MLE to work with to sign someone decent. You also have the Biannual exception (don't think we had it this year so we should have it next) and anyone who's willing to play for the vet min. You can find someone competent at any of those levels (decreasingly so of course) it just depends on how good you want that player to be.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well according to this: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

We're due for about 62M in salary next year with everyone minus Jimmy's extension. Noah and Butler combine for like 22M (13.4+8.5). I don't think Butler can make that much, but let's just say all that goes to Jimmy. If you're over the cap at that point, which I believe you are, you have the MLE to work with to sign someone decent. You also have the Biannual exception (don't think we had it this year so we should have it next) and anyone who's willing to play for the vet min. You can find someone competent at any of those levels (decreasingly so of course) it just depends on how good you want that player to be.

but you also have to take into account that trading Gibson and noah results in taking players back in the trade that will count against our cap as well. so sure it sounds great to free up 21 mil between jo and Gibson, but in reality they wont free up anywhere near that amount, plus you factor in jimmy getting about a 16 mil per year increase and the bulls have no $$ to spend on FA. the draft will be the only way to add any sort of quality

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And I understand the love and attachment for him, but we as Bulls fans and by extension the front office always do this. We overvalue our guys and thus miss trade opportunities for them. Deng is a great example of that.
This x 1,000,000.

You just can't be critical of GarPax making no kind of roster moves, but in the same breath not be willing to trade players on this team. You can't have it both ways.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This x 1,000,000.

You just can't be critical of GarPax making no kind of roster moves, but in the same breath not be willing to trade players on this team. You can't have it both ways.

not sure who has posted anything saying anything of the sort in this thread? :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
but you also have to take into account that trading Gibson and noah results in taking players back in the trade that will count against our cap as well. so sure it sounds great to free up 21 mil between jo and Gibson, but in reality they wont free up anywhere near that amount, plus you factor in jimmy getting about a 16 mil per year increase and the bulls have no $$ to spend on FA. the draft will be the only way to add any sort of quality
Well that's why I just pretended Jimmy got 22M and mentioned the over the cap spending possibilities. I assume no space under the cap and you can still sign decent players while you're over the cap.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well that's why I just pretended Jimmy got 22M and mentioned the over the cap spending possibilities. I assume no space under the cap and you can still sign decent players while you're over the cap.

if they have their MLE this offseason and what not sure they could theoretically sign someone decent as a backup big man. but will reinsdorf agree to spend even MORE $$? he has gone on record saying only when he thinks they have a shot at winning it all is he willing to spend big time over the cap. if they are already over the cap(which they will be more than likely), how can you be so sure reinsdorf will be willing to go further over the cap? they were already over the luxury tax threshold this year, and the penalty for it will go up next year for the bulls if im not mistaken

plus, cant forget they will need to find another backup PG for next season as well. brooks will be gone more than likely and we all agree kirk is donzo. certainly cant trust rose to play 82 games either

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You should look at some past threads in this forum.

aint nobody got time for that. and ive noticed a lot of people want noah traded because they think he is washed up and done...but then turn around and expect to get something of value for him in a trade. THAT makes no sense to me at all :shrug: