Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
okay, so what you be saying is that trubisky would have been there @ 5 for the browns to trade wiff da titans if the bears didnt take him... the browns were actually waiting to trade to 5 cause trubisky would have been there because they werent expecting anyone to take him prior to 5??? so they werent actually going to trade to 2.. ... dis is a fact we be talking about.. no one was going to trade to 2...

but at the same time, he would not of been there @ 3 for the bears, because the browns were going to trade ta 2 now instead.. but wait for 5 too?.. so the bears would have messed this up because trubisky would have been there at 2 and 5 for the browns if it werent for the bears trading up to 2.. but not @ 3 for the bears

Un5F2vt.gif
Unless word got out we were taking him at 3. Pace chose not to roll those dice because it's not a game and real life. Real life is miserable without your franchise QB. More like buying extra lotto tickets, winning the jackpot and then hearing people bitch about buying those extra tickets..

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
okay, so what you be saying is that trubisky would have been there @ 5 for the browns to trade wiff da titans if the bears didnt take him... the browns were actually waiting to trade to 5 cause trubisky would have been there because they werent expecting anyone to take him prior to 5??? so they werent actually going to trade to 2.. ... dis is a fact we be talking about.. no one was going to trade to 2...

but at the same time, he would not of been there @ 3 for the bears, because the browns were going to trade ta 2 now instead.. but wait for 5 too?.. so the bears would have messed this up because trubisky would have been there at 2 and 5 for the browns if it werent for the bears trading up to 2.. but not @ 3 for the bears

Un5F2vt.gif

I don't know why the 49ers turned down the Browns offer - perhaps they wanted more from the Browns.
Also, the Texans and Chiefs trade TWO first rounders to move up - so the 49ers may have wanted a huge deal from the Browns.
Now, if Sashi found out at the last minute that Pace was taking Trubisky (rumors could have gotton out) - then Sashi could realistically
made the trade at the Last minute.
It wasn't worth it to Pace to wait at 3, and I think most Bears fan didn't want to risk losing out after the Kevin White fiasco.

There was interest from other teams for Trubisky - they just didn't offer enough because they thought Mitch would fall to 5.
I firmly believe Haslam woold have ordered Sushi to make a huge offer to the 49ers if he found out about Pace's plan.

Just because no one found out, doesn't mean a trade up by the Browns was impossible. They just weren't willing (at the time) to
offer the huge amount the 49ers wanted. If Rumors had gotten out - Pace would have gotten screwed at 3.

AussieBear

I don't know why the 49ers turned down the Browns offer - perhaps they wanted more from the Browns.
Also, the Texans and Chiefs trade TWO first rounders to move up - so the 49ers may have wanted a huge deal from the Browns.
Now, if Sashi found out at the last minute that Pace was taking Trubisky (rumors could have gotton out) - then Sashi could realistically
made the trade at the Last minute.
It wasn't worth it to Pace to wait at 3, and I think most Bears fan didn't want to risk losing out after the Kevin White fiasco.

There was interest from other teams for Trubisky - they just didn't offer enough because they thought Mitch would fall to 5.
I firmly believe Haslam woold have ordered Sushi to make a huge offer to the 49ers if he found out about Pace's plan.

Just because no one found out, doesn't mean a trade up by the Browns was impossible. They just weren't willing (at the time) to
offer the huge amount the 49ers wanted. If Rumors had gotten out - Pace would have gotten screwed at 3.

no true. cause the browns were waiting fo 5 according to you. no one else was moving ta 2 according to me insider prophecies

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
no true. cause the browns were waiting fo 5 according to you. no one else was moving ta 2 according to me insider prophecies

Yeah, I'm saying the Browns had a solid deal in place for the 5 pick, but didn't offer enough to the 49ers or what the 49ers wanted.
If Pace didn't make the deal for number 2, the 49ers may have had more time to prod more out of Jimmy Haslam.
Pace closed the deal.
Every price negotiation is based on perceived demand. The Browns thought there was no demand for Trubisky and low-balled the 49ers.
If it was leaked that Pace wanted Trubisky at 3, then it is 99% likely that Haslam would have made a bigger offer to the 49ers.

So, there was interest in Trubisky - but the Browns thought they could low-ball the 49ers and wait until the 5 to get Mitch.

If the Browns had realized that there was greater demand for Mitch, they would have entered into a bidding war.

Pace was successful in preventing a bidding war for Mitchell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bidding war or Auction can be very unpredictable, and you don't know how high the Browns were willing to go to get Trubisky.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Well, please tell me why do you think Pace traded up?

AussieBear

Yeah, I'm saying the Browns had a solid deal in place for the 5 pick, but didn't offer enough to the 49ers or what the 49ers wanted.
If Pace didn't make the deal for number 2, the 49ers may have had more time to prod more out of Jimmy Haslam.
Pace closed the deal.
Every price negotiation is based on perceived demand. The Browns thought there was no demand for Trubisky and low-balled the 49ers.
If it was leaked that Pace wanted Trubisky at 3, then it is 99% likely that Haslam would have made a bigger offer to the 49ers.

So, there was interest in Trubisky - but the Browns thought they could low-ball the 49ers and wait until the 5 to get Mitch.

If the Browns had realized that there was greater demand for Mitch, they would have entered into a bidding war.

Pace was successful in preventing a bidding war for Mitchell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bidding war or Auction can be very unpredictable, and you don't know how high the Browns were willing to go to get Trubisky.

exactly the browns didnt want to move up to 2.. cause it would have been multiple 1st, 2nds, 3rds.. to move from 12 to 2... and according to you trubisky would have been there at 5 in their eyes.. so once again, no need for pace to move up

browns were waiting for 5 going by you.. so there is no need for pace to press... he panicked. tis what it is mane..

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pace didn't panic, he trumped everyone.

giphy.gif

#fleest

AussieBear

Pace didn't panic, he trumped everyone.

giphy.gif

#fleest

trump for bears gm 2018??? make bears great again

oh but dey gotz glennon.. dey gonna be great.. but would be mo bigly great.. real great.. yuge with trump running the show

MEGATRON

Liked Posts:
Problem #1, you want to use Bears drafts since 2003 as an acceptable benchmark for good drafting, not even close, big swing and a miss.

While I work on my reading skills could you please list all the Hall Of Fame players picked after the 66th pick. That is the point, can a good GM find franchise changing players after the 66th pick. Or is mick correct about the 67th pick in the draft.

I think a good GM should be expected to find quality at 67. mick think it's throw away pick due to his lack of faith in Pace.

I was bored, so I looked it up. HOF players picked #67 or later.

Elvin Bethea 77
Art Shell 80
Dan Fouts 84
Jackie Slater 86
Joe Montana 82
Russ Grimm 69
Will Shields 74
Curtis Martin 74
Charlie Joiner 93
John Stallworth 82
Harry Carson 105
Steve Largent 117
Andre Reed 86
Charles Haley 86
Mike Webster 125
Kevin Greene 113
Jack Christiansen 69
Jim Ringo 79
Joe Schmidt 85
Gene Hickerson 78
Bobby Mitchell 84
Larry Wilson 74
Bob Hayes 88
Rayfield Wright 182
Shannon Sharpe 192
Leroy Kelly 110
Richard Dent 203
Dan Fortmann 78
Tony Canadeo 77
Johnny Unitas 102
Don Maynard 109
Ken Houston 214
Jackie Smith 129
Roger Staubach 129
Tom Fears 103
Dante Lavelli 103
George Blanda 119
Nick Buoniconti 102
David "Deacon" Jones 186
Willie Davis 181
Arnie Weinmeister 166
Bart Starr 200
Chris Hanburger 245
Andy Robustelli 228
Roosevelt Brown 321

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
exactly the browns didnt want to move up to 2.. cause it would have been multiple 1st, 2nds, 3rds.. to move from 12 to 2... and according to you trubisky would have been there at 5 in their eyes.. so once again, no need for pace to move up

browns were waiting for 5 going by you.. so there is no need for pace to press... he panicked. tis what it is mane..

Its easy for every fairweather fan to say Pace panicked and could wait it out at 3.
But if Pace has Trubisky as his goal, then giving up 2 3rd rounders is nothing to get a franchise QB for the next 10 years.
It was a high stakes game of chicken or Blind Man's Bluff.
Sashi Brown DID NOT KNOW Pace would take Trubisky.
Everything changes if ESPN reports Pace wants Trubisky - then Haslam orders Brown to give up multiple 1st, 2nds, 3rds.. to move from 12 to 2.

Everything is 20/20 looking backwards.
But the Chiefs and Texans gave up 2 first rounders to move up - so did they panic as well?

You must be a genius to predict how much Haslam would give up for Trubisky - since according to you they would have never traded up to 2 at any cost!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Elvin Bethea 77
Art Shell 80
Dan Fouts 84
Jackie Slater 86
Joe Montana 82
Russ Grimm 69
Will Shields 74
Curtis Martin 74
Charlie Joiner 93
John Stallworth 82
Harry Carson 105
Steve Largent 117
Andre Reed 86
Charles Haley 86
Mike Webster 125
Kevin Greene 113
Jack Christiansen 69
Jim Ringo 79
Joe Schmidt 85
Gene Hickerson 78
Bobby Mitchell 84
Larry Wilson 74
Bob Hayes 88
Rayfield Wright 182
Shannon Sharpe 192
Leroy Kelly 110
Richard Dent 203
Dan Fortmann 78
Tony Canadeo 77
Johnny Unitas 102
Don Maynard 109
Ken Houston 214
Jackie Smith 129
Roger Staubach 129
Tom Fears 103
Dante Lavelli 103
George Blanda 119
Nick Buoniconti 102
David "Deacon" Jones 186
Willie Davis 181
Arnie Weinmeister 166
Bart Starr 200
Chris Hanburger 245
Andy Robustelli 228
Roosevelt Brown 321

Thank you very much for doing that. I think that answers the question of the worth of the 67th pick.

It's safe to say that list is growing by at least one 5 years after Brady retires. "special teamers" indeed.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you very much for doing that. I think that answers the question of the worth of the 67th pick.

It's safe to say that list is growing by at least one 5 years after Brady retires. "special teamers" indeed.

You can add a lot of non HOF players that have been solid starters.

I say to the peeps that love the fleeced narrative have fun, who cares. Pace stated that he didn't want to be caught sitting on his hands and take a chance on losing the guy he wanted, kind of like buying insurance. With common knowledge there were other teams after a qb I don't care he traded picks to move up.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You can add a lot of non HOF players that have been solid starters.

I say to the peeps that love the fleeced narrative have fun, who cares. Pace stated that he didn't want to be caught sitting on his hands and take a chance on losing the guy he wanted, kind of like buying insurance. With common knowledge there were other teams after a qb I don't care he traded picks to move up.

Hey I'm all in with Trubisky, what choice do I have. I've stated a number of times the public will never know what went on with the trade until Lynch releases his shocking tell all autobiography titled "How I Ass Raped Pace On National TV" in other words never. That's ancient history and everybody is entitled to their own opinion, just realize it's only opinion, there are a handful of people that know the truth, they are not talking and they don't post on CCS.

My problem with mick was his take that the 67th pick is a throw away used for special teamers, I think that debate has been settled.

Go Mitch, go Bears!

AussieBear

Not really sure what you mean by that.

Are you a modern day NossaDumbAss?
tinfoilhat.jpg

or are you getting insider information, which from Australia would be:
australiankoalabear.jpg
7158778_orig.jpg

fishzilla.jpg

33C9A7C700000578-3571189-image-a-83_1462282754205.jpg
Roos.jpg

Australia-Sugar-Glider.jpg

too many images.. looses its impact.. nice trys dough

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone in that room is thinking the same thing.

Right?! Lol. If his lazy ass would have gotten off the golf cart sooner he would have been upfront.

AussieBear

Elvin Bethea 77
Art Shell 80
Dan Fouts 84
Jackie Slater 86
Joe Montana 82
Russ Grimm 69
Will Shields 74
Curtis Martin 74
Charlie Joiner 93
John Stallworth 82
Harry Carson 105
Steve Largent 117