Jordan Howard with three touchdowns against Green Bay

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine if we had a halfway passable line that could allow Montgomery to not meet 3 defenders 2 yards behind the line.
While watching that game, I thought "Kyle long wouldn't even be a backup for the eagles"

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears dealt Howard supposedly cause he couldn't catch, yet he caught 3 of the 4 times he was targeted tonight.
Lol dipshit. It's just not about catching; it's about being dangerous/ explosive in the passing game. He doesn't have the burst after the catch. One of those catches should have went for much more but he only got 8yds. The TD was a blown coverage on a pic play. Nothing about his game last night showed "he's a dangerous receiving back"

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears dealt Howard supposedly cause he couldn't catch, yet he caught 3 of the 4 times he was targeted tonight.

Howard had some high profile drops two years ago, and even he admitted he wasn't asked to catch much in college. He worked hard to correct that the following offseason, and it wasn't an issue the following year. Some posters around here stuck with the "can't catch" narrative because it suited their raging hard on for Pace to sign Kareem Hunt.

I said at the time, we could have simply kept Howard and not signed Mike Davis. No one is saying Howard is a super star, but Jesus, he's not a scrub and we could have used him for one more year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Howard had some high profile drops two years ago, and even he admitted he wasn't asked to catch much in college. He worked hard to correct that the following offseason, and it wasn't an issue the following year. Some posters around here stuck with the "can't catch" narrative because it suited their raging hard on for Pace to sign Kareem Hunt.

I said at the time, we could have simply kept Howard and not signed Mike Davis. No one is saying Howard is a super star, but Jesus, he's not a scrub and we could have used him for one more year.
I agree completely. I think the issue with Howard in CHI was that Howard can't run routes really. Yes, he can catch a check down or dump off pass, but that's about it.

Regardless, it would be nice to have a bigger back that can plow for the tough yards like he did last night for PHI (and previously for CHI).

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree completely. I think the issue with Howard in CHI was that Howard can't run routes really. Yes, he can catch a check down or dump off pass, but that's about it.

Regardless, it would be nice to have a bigger back that can plow for the tough yards like he did last night for PHI (and previously for CHI).

I should have added that many are saying the o-line is bad for Monty, but Howard had the same line last year.

I'm not trashing Monty, that's a tip of the cap to Howard.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remember when you said Philly didn't have a role for him? LMAO. Good times.

After saying he was filling the Blount role. Truly one of the dumbest arguments in CCS history.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was just saying yesterday that he had 3 touchdowns against green bay

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
To all of the "I'd rather have Howard over Davis" comments ... well duh.

Problem is Howard wasnt/isnt going to accept the bench role, which Davis finally fills. Did the Bears really want him moping around after wins for another season?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard was one of Paces biggest wins on draft day. After all the fuck ups with White, wait 4 years for Floyd, passing on Maholmes and Watson, there was always cody whitehair and Jordan howard.
Just an assinine trade for nothing to sign a guy that cant break tackles or see the field.
We will miss howard moving piles in the fourth quarter trying to keep the other teams offense off the field, just a bone headed, hard headed coach that wants to run trick and gadget plays.
You guy keep drinking the tea from your tea bagging.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To all of the "I'd rather have Howard over Davis" comments ... well duh.

Problem is Howard wasnt/isnt going to accept the bench role, which Davis finally fills. Did the Bears really want him moping around after wins for another season?

Lol he has a backup role in Philly as well.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard was one of Paces biggest wins on draft day. After all the fuck ups with White, wait 4 years for Floyd, passing on Maholmes and Watson, there was always cody whitehair and Jordan howard.
Just an assinine trade for nothing to sign a guy that cant break tackles or see the field.
We will miss howard moving piles in the fourth quarter trying to keep the other teams offense off the field, just a bone headed, hard headed coach that wants to run trick and gadget plays.
You guy keep drinking the tea from your tea bagging.

Why weren't other teams lining up to trade for him??

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Lol he has a backup role in Philly as well.

Different role. Are you saying his role and Davis's are the same?? Howard would be happy with that?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Different role. Are you saying his role and Davis's are the same?? Howard would be happy with that?

Davis played more snaps than Howard the first 2 games. Howard has gotten more opps the last 2 games but not sure you can claim he wouldnt not get snaps if he were here in Chicago.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Imagine if we had a back that could do that.

Imagine if we didn't have to play them week one and played them in week 4 after we saw 2 teams run on them. We didn't know how bad they would be against the run because we were the first to play them. It's absolutely no excuse to how little Nagy called running plays though and how bad his play calling was in that game but still an advantage for any team that plays them from here on out after seeing 3 teams run on them.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine if people recognized this last year when the same thing often happened to Howard.
Difference is Monty gets those yards. Howard doesn't.