Jordan Howard with three touchdowns against Green Bay

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Not to completely REKT your *** about this but "modern offense" is not a static thing. There is constant evolution and cyclical developments in most everything in this world and the NFL is no outlier.

If you follow closely enough I think you might see that there is a trending toward power O going on in some of the NFL's most successful teams, and guys like Jordan Howard can literally style all over your "modern offense" when the right mix of player personnel is committed to his style of play.

Thanks.
DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO SOME OF “THE NFL’S MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAMS”. I WOULD SAY THE PATRIOTS, CHIEFS, SAINTS, AND RAMS ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAMS IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW. NONE OF THEM RUN A FOXBALL OFFENSE THAT HOWARD CAN PRODUCE IN.

THANKS.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd rather have the 5th rd pick over Howard. And Davis can get cut so Pace gets the comp pick back.

It is a 6th round pick. And for a team with SB aspirations I would rather have Howard. That 6th possibly 5th round pick is not going to help us if Monty get's injured or if Davis and Cohen can't spell him effectively.

But I accept that for others they may prefer the pick. No definitive right or wrong answer here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So basically he sucks at things that a modern offense requires from its running backs. Good to know. I guess congratulations to Howard for being able to not fumble and being a decent blocker?

The Eagles archaic offense scored 30 points against the Packers. The Bears modern offense scored 3. Forgive me if I think your point here is quite fucking stupid.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is exactly what happened. I thought for sure that he was going to try to run that game, partly to get the oline in a rhythm and with no pre season reps. Oh well, the Packers are back to their normal self. They have no defense again and now Adams is hurt. Will probably be out for a while with turf toe. They have the Cowboys next. The Bears are now in great shape, especially if they win on Sunday. Things could go sour quickly in Packer land. We want Howard to do well, the pick will be a 5th rd pick if he does well. Montgomery is a better back and I think the Bears should release Mike Davis at some point before week 10 to recoup that 4th rd pick.

to me its the only thing that make sense. hopefully the approach pays off in the long run

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Eagles archaic offense scored 30 points against the Packers. The Bears modern offense scored 3. Forgive me if I think you point here is quite fucking stupid.
I told you to email Nagy about the dumb ass offensive game plan against Green Bay!! Did Nagy respond???

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I always felt like it was almost automatic when you had Howard near the goal line. I’m happy for him because he was one of the bright spots during the Fox era. I hope he has the flu when we play Philadelphia.
Aside from him fumbling inside the five yard line against the Dolphins last years.
I was always a huge Howard fan, probably more biased than I should have been since I went to IU but it just never clicked with him last year. I hope that he has a ton of success this year except when he plays us. But I have a feeling Montgomery is On the verge of breaking out in a big way.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
DO YOU HAVE A LINK TO SOME OF “THE NFL’S MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAMS”. I WOULD SAY THE PATRIOTS, CHIEFS, SAINTS, AND RAMS ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAMS IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW. NONE OF THEM RUN A FOXBALL OFFENSE THAT HOWARD CAN PRODUCE IN.

THANKS.
Dallas is doing it bruh.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

THANKS.

Sony Michel is similar to Howard and has a specific role on the Pats. The Saints used Mark Ingrahm in a similar role to Howard and the Rams went with CJ Anderson in the playoffs in a role similar to Howard.

Do you watch the NFL regularly?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dallas is doing it bruh.
Dallas is currently dunking on midgets. Look at who they’ve played this season. Arguably 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. We will find out what they are Sunday against the Saints.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I told you to email Nagy about the dumb ass offensive game plan against Green Bay!! Did Nagy respond???

I think that email should come from someone who was sloberring all over Nagy last year as he will just call me a hater. So let me know what he says.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sony Michel is similar to Howard and has a specific role on the Pats. The Saints used Mark Ingrahm in a similar role to Howard and the Rams went with CJ Anderson in the playoffs in a role similar to Howard.

Do you watch the NFL regularly?
Rams went with Anderson because Gurley was hurt. Ingram also has the ability to run routes and catch passes out of the back field... Howard can not.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think that email should come from someone who was sloberring all over Nagy last year as he will just call me a hater. So let me know what he says.
Nagy is still a good coach with a really bright offensive mind he just decided to see if Mitch could win the game and unfortunately he could not.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is still a good coach with a really bright offensive mind he just decided to see if Mitch could win the game and unfortunately he could not.

Nagy really doesn't have much experience at all. He's like a glorified QB coach right now and he's not getting much outta Mitch.

I know ppl are beginning to shift the blame to the o-line (common scapegoat in football) but Nagy/Trubisky has a lot to prove.

*I'm not saying we have an all-star line, but it seems as if everyone was fine with the EXACT same players a mere NINE months ago.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nagy really doesn't have much experience at all. He's like a glorified QB coach right now and he's not getting much outta Mitch.

I know ppl are beginning to shift the blame to the o-line (common scapegoat in football) but Nagy/Trubisky has a lot to prove.

*I'm not saying we have an all-star line, but it seems as if everyone was fine with the EXACT same players a mere NINE months ago.

I don't disagree with you, except the "everyone" was fine line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rams went with Anderson because Gurley was hurt. Ingram also has the ability to run routes and catch passes out of the back field... Howard can not.

Which he would not be able to do if he weren't on the roster dummy. The point is these modern offenses still have more traditional RBs on the roster.

As for Ingram, he does not run advanced WR routes. He serves as a check down option which Howard does just fine as evidenced by last night. Kamara was the RB that ran advanced WR type routes. Ingram was basically asked to run checkdown routes which Howard ran fine last year and last night.

ridemywheelie

Liked Posts:
His YAC went down considerably over the last three years with the Bears, going from 2.2 ('16)-> 1.5 -> 1.0 ('18). He's terrible at breaking tackles (42nd ranked RB in broken tackles in 2018), but can "fall forward" when in a grasp (to the tune of an extra yard, per '18). I wouldn't necessarily call that "excelling," but he's serviceable. Not a back you'd want to pay big $ for, however.

I wish JHow luck, seeing as he was a Bear I rooted for, but I don't regret that we moved on from him one bit.
I agree.
People here seem to forget how Howard regressed last year. He went from very solid at breaking tackles during his first couple years to going down with first contact last year. Glad Pace moved on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Right so you should go tell him that as I certainly am not going to be as accommodating. You more likely to get an answer.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why Howard never got the love from Nagy.

Sure he's not the most athletic and he's not a good receiver but he's very physically strong and has great vision, he's always been a really good runner.

Could've kept him and still drafted Montgomery, just would've needed to send Cohen out wide more.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree.
People here seem to forget how Howard regressed last year. He went from very solid at breaking tackles during his first couple years to going down with first contact last year. Glad Pace moved on.

Howard's yards before contact was 1.8 last year and after contact 2.0.

Monty's current yards before contact is 2.6 and after contact 1.4.

In short people see what they want to see.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HowaJo00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MontDa01.htm