Jordan Howard with three touchdowns against Green Bay

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Which he would not be able to do if he weren't on the roster dummy. The point is these modern offenses still have more traditional RBs on the roster.

As for Ingram, he does not run advanced WR routes. He serves as a check down option which Howard does just fine as evidenced by last night. Kamara was the RB that ran advanced WR type routes. Ingram was basically asked to run checkdown routes which Howard ran fine last year and last night.
I guess i'm left wondering which NFL roster CJ Anderson is currently on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess i'm left wondering which NFL roster CJ Anderson is currently on.

Goalposts moved. Your claim was that modern offenses don't employ backs like Howard and for 3 of the examples you referenced they actually did. Michel, Ingram, and Anderson. Perhaps you should watch more football before you comment.

Last I saw, Michel was still in New England and Ingram is now starting on what has been a good Ravens offense. So you premise is simply flawed.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Goalposts moved. Your claim was that modern offenses don't employ backs like Howard and for 3 of the examples you referenced they actually did. Michel, Ingram, and Anderson. Perhaps you should watch more football before you comment.

Last I saw, Michel was still in New England and Ingram is now starting on what has been a good Ravens offense. So you premise is simply flawed.
Ingram is actually no longer on the Saints if you haven't noticed. Same happens to be true with CJ Anderson. The premise is actually not flawed. I said the most successful teams in the NFL (Patriots, Rams, Saints, and Chiefs) do not employ a Foxball offense Howard could thrive in. The only team, that I named, that employs a "traditional RB" is the Patriots.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how anyone can say Howard can't fit a modern offense when he came into the league in the modern nfl and has the 3rd most rushing yards since then.

Are there certain duties he's not a good option for? Sure, but that just means he's not an every down back. Who is though these days outside of Gurley/Elliott/Kamara? That type of player won't last long in the NFL anyways, they get too many touches, and so they take too much punishment.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sony Michel is similar to Howard and has a specific role on the Pats. The Saints used Mark Ingrahm in a similar role to Howard and the Rams went with CJ Anderson in the playoffs in a role similar to Howard.

Do you watch the NFL regularly?

Michel is not really similar to Howard. Michel actually can do just about everything, the Pats just happen to not use him in that role. Now, you are correct that they use him in the same role the Eagles use Howard, I'm just saying he's a little more agile than Howard happens to be.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Ingram is actually no longer on the Saints if you haven't noticed. Same happens to be true with CJ Anderson. The premise is actually not flawed. I said the most successful teams in the NFL (Patriots, Rams, Saints, and Chiefs) do not employ a Foxball offense Howard could thrive in. The only team, that I named, that employs a "traditional RB" is the Patriots.

The only team that doesn't, is the Chiefs. Saints picked up Latavius Murray, Rams have Malcolm Brown for that role. You're clearly wrong.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Of course Barkley is also an every down back but case in point: He and Gurley are young and are already taking too much of a beating.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They have 13 and 20 carries over 3 games.

Right, because they aren't the starting backs, they are there to fill a certain role. Do you know what a role player is? Not to mention, Brees is hurt, which puts a serious dent in Murray's playing time.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Right, because they aren't the starting backs, they are there to fill a certain role. Do you know what a role player is? Not to mention, Brees is hurt, which puts a serious dent in Murray's playing time.
Good for them. Unfortunately we were not using Howard as a role player as seen by the fact that he had the 6th most carries in the NFL. He was the feature back, sucked donkey dick and provided nothing of value to the offense, and then got replaced.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Do you lack reading comprehension? I just said in the post you quoted that Ingram was now on a good offense with the Ravens.

Your premise was that modern offenses couldn't use guys like Howard. This is a stupid and asinine statement. Ravens are no 1 offense in points and have Ingram. Pats are No 2 and have Michel. Eagles are no 6 and have Howard.

Modern offenses can still employ traditional RBs. They just do a better job of deploying them than Nagy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Michel is not really similar to Howard. Michel actually can do just about everything, the Pats just happen to not use him in that role. Now, you are correct that they use him in the same role the Eagles use Howard, I'm just saying he's a little more agile than Howard happens to be.

I am referring to how they are deployed not their skill set. Michel is used as a traditional RB who doesn't do much in the passing game. I would agree his overall skillset is different.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Do you lack reading comprehension. I just said in the post you quoted that Ingram was now on a good offense with the Ravens.

Your premise was that modern offenses couldn't use guys like Howard. This is a stupid and asinine statement. Ravens are no 1 offense in points and have Ingram. Pats are No 2 and have Michel. Eagles are no 6 and have Howard.

Modern offenses can still employ traditional RBs. They just do a better job of deploying them than Nagy.
Yes and I responded to a post by HHM about the most successful NFL teams. The Baltimore Ravens are not one of those teams. I never said anything about "good" offenses. Stop putting words in my mouth and being a straw man.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes and I responded to a post by HHM about the most successful NFL teams. The Baltimore Ravens are not one of those teams. I never said anything about "good" offenses. Stop putting words in my mouth and being a straw man.

Yes and I proved how stupid your statement was because Pats won SB with Michel. Saints were at their best with Ingram on team, and Rams went to the SB on the back of Anderson filling for Gurley.

So three out of the 4 successful teams you mentioned had RBs in more traditional roles. So your premise once again is asinine.

You then tried to move goalposts by claiming Ingram no longer on Saints and I responded by noting he went to the team that currently is successful this year and leads NFL in points scored. No matter how you look at it, your point is dumb.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes and I proved how stupid your statement was because Pats won SB with Michel. Saints were at their best with Ingram on team, and Rams went to the SB on the back of Anderson filling for Gurley.

So three out of the 4 successful teams you mentioned had RBs in more traditional roles. So your premise once again is asinine.

You then tried to move goalposts by claiming Ingram no longer on Saints and I responded by noting he went to the team that currently is successful this year and leads NFL in points scored. No matter how you look at it, your point is dumb.
It remains to be seen if the saints were at their best last season since they currently don’t have Drew Brees. He could come back and be the Drew Brees the entire NFL fears and win the SB. The Patriots winning the Super Bowl with Michel is negligible. They won numerous Super Bowls before him and will after. He was simply there. By the way stating a fact that Ingram is no longer on the saints is not changing goal posts, the entire discussion is on best teams in the NFL and he is no longer on one of those teams so he’s irrelevant.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It remains to be seen if the saints were at their best last season since they currently don’t have Drew Brees. He could come back and be the Drew Brees the entire NFL fears and win the SB. The Patriots winning the Super Bowl with Michel is negligible. They won numerous Super Bowls before him and will after. He was simply there. By the way stating a fact that Ingram is no longer on the saints is not changing goal posts, the entire discussion is on best teams in the NFL and he is no longer on one of those teams so he’s irrelevant.

No it doesn't remain to be seen as if we talking about successful teams then the Saints were successfull for years with Ingram so the evidence already exists.

As for Michel, the debate was about the types of RBs modern offenses use. Regardless of their success with or without Michel, the point is a modern offense and most successful team in the NFL still uses a more traditional RB.

Finally on Ingram, his being gone from Saints does not change the history of what was achieved with him them. And the fact he has now gone to a currently successful NFL team that leads the NFL in points further proves that successful teams and modern offenses can still use a traditional RB. That Ravens offense went toe to toe with KC's offense and Ingram had 3 TDs.

So if you want to look at the history of successful teams over time, the Saints, Rams, and Pats clearly used traditional RBs.

If you want to look at currently successful teams, Ravens clearly belong in that discussion. Either way, you point is still stupid. Sorry.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Aside from him fumbling inside the five yard line against the Dolphins last years.
I was always a huge Howard fan, probably more biased than I should have been since I went to IU but it just never clicked with him last year. I hope that he has a ton of success this year except when he plays us. But I have a feeling Montgomery is On the verge of breaking out in a big way.

That fumble against the Dolphins is the only time I can remember him failing to convert too.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No it doesn't remain to be seen as if we talking about successful teams then the Saints were successfull for years with Ingram so the evidence already exists.

As for Michel, the debate was about the types of RBs modern offenses use. Regardless of their success with or without Michel, the point is a modern offense and most successful team in the NFL still uses a more traditional RB.

Finally on Ingram, his being gone from Saints does not change the history of what was achieved with him them. And the fact he has now gone to a currently successful NFL team that leads the NFL in points further proves that successful teams and modern offenses can still use a traditional RB. That Ravens offense went toe to toe with KC's offense and Ingram had 3 TDs.

So if you want to look at the history of successful teams over time, the Saints, Rams, and Pats clearly used traditional RBs.

If you want to look at currently successful teams, Ravens clearly belong in that discussion. Either way, you point is still stupid. Sorry.
I don’t know why you’re vortexing out of control about history. Nobody ever brought up history. I am talking about right now. It’s also already been establish we are not in fact talking about successful teams we are talking about the BEST teams. Don’t try to change a discussion you did not start.