Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The theory is that Rodgers has shown this year that he's not as close to being done as they thought this past offseason and they can't really get out of his contract very cheaply until after the 2022 season, at which point Love would only have 1 year left on his rookie deal (with the needing to decide on his 5th year option that offseason without him ever having played in theory).

Yeah, but they aren't trading him to a division foe. They drafted him that high for a reason. Rodgers playing unreal this year probably isn't changing that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
GB would never do it for one.

Second, all reports out of camp was that he was struggling HARD. We obviously didn't have any pre-season to show that to us.

If you want jordan love just take Trey Lance with our first round pick. He's a better version of him without the idiotic turnovers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Packers’ QB-in-waiting Jordan Love continues to perplex onlookers at training camp, who aren’t seeing the must-have talent that inspired general manager Brian Gutekunst on that pivotal draft day decision in April.

“He hasn’t fallen down the quarterback depth chart – he was already at the bottom of it,” Packers beat writer Matt Schneidman wrote on Thursday, “but Love has yet to even provide a glimpse at why the Packers traded up to draft him in the first round.”

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but they aren't trading him to a division foe. They drafted him that high for a reason. Rodgers playing unreal this year probably isn't changing that.
They would trade to a division foe in madden and that is all that matters

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Why do you guys contemplate things that will never happen?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I never understood the hype Love got. Playing in a shitty conference and last season had 20 TDs to 17 picks and a 62% completion percentage.

Hope he does well as long as he’s not in our division, but why don’t we try drafting QBs consistently for a change until we get it right.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I never understood the hype Love got. Playing in a shitty conference and last season had 20 TDs to 17 picks and a 62% completion percentage.

Hope he does well as long as he’s not in our division, but why don’t we try drafting QBs consistently for a change until we get it right.

Pat Mahomes is why.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oline first. It all starts in the trenches.

We need pass protection and run blocking help.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I sure as hell trust the Packers evaluation of QBs and I’m telling ya this dude is waiting in line to take over for Rodgers he is a dual threat accurate QB

If thats the case, then they aren't trading him.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Why would Green Bay trade a guy they traded up to get in the 1st round for a 2nd rounder? They wouldn't.

And their track record of QBs is great when you look at Favre and Rodgers. Now do Brian Brohm, Deshone Shizer, Brett Hundley, Matt Flynn, Ingle Martin, Craig Nall, and Aaron Brooks. That's just going back to 2000.

Since OP obviously hasn't figured it out--what Green Bay did really well with their generational QBs--is put them in a position to succeed. The rest is on the player to adjust his game from there. Obviously, you can't grasp that.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
They've drafted a lot of shitty of QBs between Rodgers and now.

The reports out of camp were that the pick was a disaster. The video I saw showed him struggling to roll out and put the ball anywhere near a target ten yards down field. And he doesn't even suit up for game days.

I think they moved up to snag a bust. Thank god they didn't move up for Jefferson.

No we haven't lol. Who? A bunch of late round picks? Since 92 we have had 4 high round QB acquisitions, Favre trade (1st), Rodgers (1st), Brohm (Late 2nd), Love (1st).

Um...no lol. Your referring to Matt Schniedman's ridiculous clickbait article for the athletic, which essentially amounts to 'He isn't wowing people in the very first week of his 1st TC so he must not be good' lol. Rodgers, Mahomes both were criticized out of their first TC too.

The video you just mentioned doesn't exist.

Love doesn't suit up because he hasn't been given a chance to be our backup yet. No otas, preseason etc.

I adore the Love pick, Jefferson would be cool in the here and now but we clearly dont need more offensive weapons.

Last edited:

10veitout

Liked Posts:
And their track record of QBs is great when you look at Favre and Rodgers. Now do Brian Brohm, Deshone Shizer, Brett Hundley, Matt Flynn, Ingle Martin, Craig Nall, and Aaron Brooks. That's just going back to 2000.

All of those guys were mid to late round picks, except for Brohm who was a late 2nd.

Lol at Craig Nall though. I remember when people wanted him to be Favre's successor.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Why would Green Bay trade a guy they traded up to get in the 1st round for a 2nd rounder? They wouldn't.

Since OP obviously hasn't figured it out--what Green Bay did really well with their generational QBs--is put them in a position to succeed. The rest is on the player to adjust his game from there. Obviously, you can't grasp that.

I do grasp that, my point is simply that the Bears need to explore some out of the box options for a franchise QB and I thought this was an interesting idea. He’s a very athletic QB with a strong arm and he’s had a year to learn behind the best in the business. The fact that a well run org like the Packers like him so much is enough to peak my interest lol

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Something tells me even if we wanted to Trade for Love there's no chance in hell the Packers move him after one year..especially to the Bears.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
All of those guys were mid to late round picks, except for Brohm who was a late 2nd.

Lol at Craig Nall though. I remember when people wanted him to be Favre's successor.

Deshone Kizer was also 2nd round pick. Think y'all traded for him though.

My point is that Green Bay's track record that OP can't figure out is good because the organization isn't ass backwards in putting their guy in a position to succeed. As opposed to the bears, who under Mitch gave him 2 playbooks in 2 years, and Nagy's he couldn't (and still can't) figure out.

Lived in Appleton (gorgeous town) for a couple of years. Can confirm the Nall people.

I do grasp that, my point is simply that the Bears need to explore some out of the box options for a franchise QB and I thought this was an interesting idea. He’s a very athletic QB with a strong arm and he’s had a year to learn behind the best in the business. The fact that a well run org like the Packers like him so much is enough to peak my interest lol

Proposing to trade with a divisional rival who traded up in the 1st round mere months ago to get a QB by giving them a lot less than what they spent to get him isn't thinking 'outside the box.'

It's fucking stupid. Why would you do that if you're Green Bay? Trading assets to move up in the 1st just to trade away the guy you had to trade up to get--for a 2nd rounder--gets you fired.

10veitout

Liked Posts:

Look at as Sophomore season, before he lost 9 of his other 10 offensive starters and entire offensive coach staff. He was great, which one is more him?

Love admitted he was trying to do way too much and constantly play hero ball, that is an issue he needs to fix, but he has the skillset and physical talent of Rodgers and Mahomes.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Deshone Kizer was also 2nd round pick. Think y'all traded for him though.

My point is that Green Bay's track record that OP can't figure out is good because the organization isn't ass backwards in putting their guy in a position to succeed. As opposed to the bears, who under Mitch gave him 2 playbooks in 2 years, and Nagy's he couldn't (and still can't) figure out.

Lived in Appleton (gorgeous town) for a couple of years. Can confirm the Nall people.

Proposing to trade with a divisional rival who traded up in the 1st round mere months ago to get a QB by giving them a lot less than what they spent to get him isn't thinking 'outside the box.'

It's fucking stupid. Why would you do that if you're Green Bay? Trading assets to move up in the 1st just to trade away the guy you had to trade up to get--for a 2nd rounder--gets you fired.

Kizer was a 2nd rounder for the Browns, GB got him (and slight draft order increase) for a player we were about release, Damarious Randall, one season after. We did consider drafting him, but decided against it.

I agree with everything else you said though. Odd idea. Why would we trade Love to a division rival for less then we drafted him for lol.