Jordan Love

10veitout

Liked Posts:
The is no context needed. This is the most football stupid statement on CCS in years.

His whole draft billing was being touted as another Mahomes physically lol. His skillset is identical.

Idk why you would deny that, considering it's the mainstream opinion if most media draftniks.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
GB would never do it for one.

Second, all reports out of camp was that he was struggling HARD. We obviously didn't have any pre-season to show that to us.

If you want jordan love just take Trey Lance with our first round pick. He's a better version of him without the idiotic turnovers.

No their werent lol. There was one, nonsense clickbait article from the athletic in the first week of his tc.

Lance doesnt have even half as natural a motion as Love, but Wilson is pretty much just a significantly more polished 'sure' Love.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Packers engineer quarterbacks to spin off to other teams. they've been doing this since Favre was a thing. not all of them were starter material but I'm sure they got a fair amount of picks to spin around. it's worth noting they're one of the teams that builds their shit homegrown, they're not big on FAs usually to my understanding.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Pat Mahomes is why.
Mahomes ended up being a generational talent that few saw coming. That’s rare. They are different players with different brains who may process the field differently.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Packers’ QB-in-waiting Jordan Love continues to perplex onlookers at training camp, who aren’t seeing the must-have talent that inspired general manager Brian Gutekunst on that pivotal draft day decision in April.

“He hasn’t fallen down the quarterback depth chart – he was already at the bottom of it,” Packers beat writer Matt Schneidman wrote on Thursday, “but Love has yet to even provide a glimpse at why the Packers traded up to draft him in the first round.”

Who tf is Matt Schniedman, why do you read the Athletic, and where does he source his claim? He just kinda implies that not being amazing right away in TC means you must bust lol.

[/URL]

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Look at as Sophomore season, before he lost 9 of his other 10 offensive starters and entire offensive coach staff. He was great, which one is more him?

Love admitted he was trying to do way too much and constantly play hero ball, that is an issue he needs to fix, but he has the skillset and physical talent of Rodgers and Mahomes.
No, I don’t think he does. Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen play the game. Mahomes is a generational talent that has a canon arm and has an innate ability to process the field instantaneously.

I don’t care how many people Love lost. That’s football. Every team goes through it. The fact is he couldn’t elevate his play against powerhouses like Stony Brook, Kent State, and Air Force.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
No, I don’t think he does. Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen play the game. Mahomes is a generational talent that has a canon arm and has an innate ability to process the field instantaneously.

I don’t care how many people Love lost. That’s football. Every team goes through it. The fact is he couldn’t elevate his play against powerhouses like Stony Brook, Kent State, and Air Force.

Jordan Love has the same physical skillset as Mahomes. No one knew Mahomes had the mental skills he has until he was starting.

Not every QB loses his whole O and coaching staff, but at any rate, the flip side of playing small school competetion is that your teammates are small school competition themselves. Love had no help and tried to play hero ball the entirety of his junior season. Not an excuse, but a lesson to be learned.

Love had a far better college career then say, Favre, for instance. I'm willing to take the chance that Sophomore Love is the real Love.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
I’m all for competition, bring back Mitch for 1 year $14 mill and let him and Love compete for the starting job. The QB position can’t be ignored any longer, and I’m still not sold on Mitch despite the recent better play. He is for sure an okay starting QB but he’ll never win you a game by going 400 yards and 4 scores. And if it doesn’t work out, Mitch would be one of the best backups in the business for a year and he’d be paid as such so hopefully he wouldn’t pout.

for example I saw a stat that Wentz has never produced a 400 yard game in 68 career starts and Hurts did it in his 2nd career game. Mitch is more the guy that will go 60+ games without that lol. Wouldn’t you rather go for the hottest chick at the bar instead of a 5/10? Mitch is the definition of average.

I think right now we get a tackle in then1st and a 2nd round lb..bring back vic fire nagy.we can be in competition for a sb...

10veitout

Liked Posts:
I would not make that trade with the Packers. If Jordan Love was on a different team in a different division, I'd consider it if the Bears can't get one of the top 4 in this draft. Love is a better prospect, IMO than the 2nd/3rd tier of QBs in this draft class (Trask, Jones, Ridder). So using a 2nd on Love would be better than using a 2nd on one of these guys. You'd even have a 5th year option w/ Love, making team control the same for all 4 guys. But I can't give the Packers a mid-2nd round pick for a guy that is otherwise going to waste away on their bench.

If you think Love is the guy, you obviously would go for it.

I know Rodgers is playing good, but if we like how Love is coming along, we are going to make the tough decision.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you think Love is the guy, you obviously would go for it.

I know Rodgers is playing good, but if we like how Love is coming along, we are going to make the tough decision.

Rodgers is having arguably the best season of his career.

Love is getting traded. No doubt about it.

It was a stupid pick when it happened. It's a stupid pick now. Imagine how good rodgers would be this year had they taken Tee higgins or Justin Jefferson.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If there ever was a prospect that needed to ride the pine for a couple years he certainly is it.

Of course OP's premise relies on Love being for sale, and if the Packers are actively shopping Love then I have alarm bells ringing already. Second pick is a little steep, all things considered Love was probably a second round talent last year.

On the other hand the talent is immense. I dont think he'll be anything on the level of Rodgers but there's a reasonable pathway to Matt Stafford there. I'd probably succumb to his potential. As a Bears fan its very tempting to want to lambast the selection but honestly it was probably a good move.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

It was a stupid pick when it happened. It's a stupid pick now. Imagine how good rodgers would be this year had they taken Tee higgins or Justin Jefferson.
The two guys they'd really want are Jefferson and Aiyuk and both went before Love. Its the Corey Dillon selection that was a real head-scratcher.

edit- Corey Dillon haha, I obviously meant AJ Dillon.

10veitout

Liked Posts:

No, he isn't lol. At least not soon. If he looks shitty as of 2022, then we may try to trade him, sure.

No, it wasn't lol. Jordan Love has higher upside then most prospects period, let alone of someone who is on the board where GB usually always picks, late in the 1st.

Both of those WR picks would be dumb. Our O is fantastic, we didn't need to use a 1st on a WR.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
If there ever was a prospect that needed to ride the pine for a couple years he certainly is it.

Of course OP's premise relies on Love being for sale, and if the Packers are actively shopping Love then I have alarm bells ringing already. Second pick is a little steep, all things considered Love was probably a second round talent last year.

On the other hand the talent is immense. I dont think he'll be anything on the level of Rodgers but there's a reasonable pathway to Matt Stafford there. I'd probably succumb to his potential. As a Bears fan its very tempting to want to lambast the selection but honestly it was probably a good move.

Almost noone had Love going outside of the 1st, but okay. His physical talent is rare for any prospect, let alone a late 1st rounder.

His skillset is far more Rodgers then Stafford, so not sure why you think that. Mobile, throwing on the run, off platform throws, the way he climbs the pocket etc.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Almost noone had Love going outside of the 1st, but okay chief. His physical talent is rare for any prospect, let alone a late 1st rounder.

His skillset is far more Rodgers then Stafford, so not sure why you think that. Mobile, throwing on the run, off platform throws, the way he climbs the pocket etc.
The problem is he needs to sit for at bare minimum one year but realistically two years. You also expect him to take some lumps his first year starting whereas most drafted quarterbacks by year three (well, at least those few who pan out) are really hitting their stride.

That's three years of his rookie deal pretty much in the wind. Even you yourself say 2022 would be an optimistic timetable for a debut if Rodgers starts to falter. By the time he's finally in there and playing up to speed its time to pay him, and that factors into his draft calculus in a big way. The Chiefs dont win the Super Bowl last year if they cannot afford some of those defenders that they relied on so heavily who were mostly made available by the fact that Pat Mahomes was a star quarterback with a four million dollar cap hit.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
The problem is he needs to sit for at bare minimum one year but realistically two years. You also expect him to take some lumps his first year starting whereas most drafted quarterbacks by year three (well, at least those few who pan out) are really hitting their stride.

That's three years of his rookie deal pretty much in the wind. Even you yourself say 2022 would be an optimistic timetable for a debut if Rodgers starts to falter. By the time he's finally in there and playing up to speed its time to pay him, and that factors into his draft calculus in a big way. The Chiefs dont win the Super Bowl last year if they cannot afford some of those defenders that they relied on so heavily who were mostly made available by the fact that Pat Mahomes was a star quarterback with a four million dollar cap hit.

Well, 2022 means we will have three seasons of rookie contract left. Maximize the last two season of Rodgers career (hopefully to two SB wins) and then roll smoothly into maximizing Love's remaining rookie contract. Sounds smart to me.

I anticipate we will use the same strategy with Love as we did with Rodgers. We signed him long term early into his first seasons as starter, it was panned as risky but resulted in us having Aaron Rodgers for an exceptional bargain for 4 seasons, including our SB win.

It would be smart to do the same thing, but to an even longer contract. Sign Love to a huge 10 year contract extension early into his first season as a starter, or if your really sold on him, before then. Risky? Sure, but if it works out, you have your long term baller QB on what will be a phenomenal value years down the road.

Mahomes current extension is going to be the deal of a century 5 seasons from now, let's get our own guy and kick it up a notch.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well, 2022 means we will have three seasons of rookie contract left. Maximize the last two season of Rodgers career (hopefully to two SB wins) and then roll smoothly into maximizing Love's remaining rookie contract. Sounds smart to me.

I anticipate we will use the same strategy with Love as we did with Rodgers. We signed him long term early into his first seasons as starter, it was panned as risky but resulted in us having Aaron Rodgers for an exceptional bargain for 4 seasons, including our SB win.

It would be smart to do the same thing, but to an even longer contract. Sign Love to a huge 10 year contract extension early into his first season as a starter, or if your really sold on him, before then. Risky? Sure, but if it works out, you have your long term baller QB on what will be a phenomenal value years down the road.

Mahomes current extension is going to be the deal of a century 5 seasons from now, let's get our own guy and kick it up a notch.
No, 2022 means two years of rookie contract left. Fifth-year options are very expensive and players typically dont like playing on them, you can be assured if Love pans out he will be extended before his fifth-year option.

But not for ten years. Lol. You know you have to get him to sign the papers right?