Jordan Love

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Nonsense. Love is Mahomes physically, and Mahomes arm doesnt come around often my dude.

Justin Herbert is an extremely mechanical QB who showed issues throwing on the run, and off platform. You seem to confuse arm strength for arm talent, they aren't same thing. Arm strength is just one aspect of arm talent.

Um, no, he was projected to the first BECAUSE his physical talent is equal to Mahomes. I'm sorry that thought scares you, but Love has every bit the physical talent Mahomes has, he is just even rarer and less polished as a prospect.

Love doesnt compare to Stafford in literally any sense. There skillsets are completely different. This is just some strange coping mechanism you established "Its okay, it's okay, he will max out at Stafford, he will max out at Stafford" lol.

I'm sorry you dont like it, but everyone knows Mahomes has a generational arm, well guess what buddy, Love is the next Mahomes physically.
Here's what this is clearly devolving into. You say Jordan Love is the next Pat Mahomes and when everyone points out the lunacy and unlikelihood of such an outcome you exclaims "whoa! I didn't say Jordan Love was the next Pat Mahomes!". Your assertion that Jordan Love is going to have a quarterback prospect outcome that has been achieved by only one quarterback drafted in the first round since 2004 is flatly delusional, and you seem to know this fact because you have to couch all your boisterous and extravagant claims.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Ummm... why? We have him three more seasons after this one lol. We needed RBs for next year.
Draft a runningback next year then? This makes no sense. Why would a team in the heat of contention use their first two draft picks on long-term pieces they had no intention of utilizing year one. For a quarterback it makes some sense, if it hits that's jackpot. But for a runningback? Plenty of teams get starting caliber runningbacks outside the top hundred picks every year, runningbacks that dont require a year on the bench.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Rodgers has been pretty cool about Jordan Love so far.

Jordan Love isn't compared to Mahomes simply because he has a good arm lol. Jordan Loves skillset is literally identical to Mahomes. He's just rawer.
The fuck? QBs come around nearly every year with that skill set and the ability to throw from a multitude of launch platforms. Zach Wilson has a canon and can throw from insane angles, doesn’t mean I’m calling him the next Rodgers, even though their play is similar. But he would be a great pick for the Bears, but NOT the Packers because of Rodgers.

I agree with what another poster said-you are vastly overrating Love because you are a Packers fan. He couldn’t dominate abysmal competition (and btw, those players at Bama, UGA, etc have special talent around them but they also compete against special talent). He has traits. You are banking on those traits. But saying because he shares some of the same traits as Mahomes means he will be Mahomes is ridiculous.

He was worth maybe a 2nd round pick for many teams. He was not for the Packers.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
By the way I already know where this is going: AJ Dillon is the next Derrick Henry and Jordan Love is the next Pat Mahomes.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Here's what this is clearly devolving into. You say Jordan Love is the next Pat Mahomes and when everyone points out the lunacy and unlikelihood of such an outcome you exclaims "whoa! I didn't say Jordan Love was the next Pat Mahomes!". Your assertion that Jordan Love is going to have a quarterback prospect outcome that has been achieved by only one quarterback drafted in the first round since 2004 is flatly delusional, and you seem to know this fact because you have to couch all your boisterous and extravagant claims.

I said Jordan Love is physically the next Mahomes, yes. This is true and I stand by that claim.

I never said he would for sure be as good as Mahomes, merely that I ADORE his extraordinarily rare skillset and am glad we have the chance to coach him to be our QB of the future.

So, no. I didn't couch any claims, not sure what makes you say that.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I said Jordan Love is physically the next Mahomes, yes. This is true and I stand by that claim.

I never said he would for sure be as good as Mahomes, merely that I ADORE his extraordinarily rare skillset and am glad we have the chance to coach him to be our QB of the future.

So, no. I didn't couch any claims, not sure what makes you say that.
But if anyone tells you Jordan Love is very likely not to be the next Pat Mahomes you freak out and launch into a three-hundred word rant about how we are "coping".

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Packers’ QB-in-waiting Jordan Love continues to perplex onlookers at training camp, who aren’t seeing the must-have talent that inspired general manager Brian Gutekunst on that pivotal draft day decision in April.

“He hasn’t fallen down the quarterback depth chart – he was already at the bottom of it,” Packers beat writer Matt Schneidman wrote on Thursday, “but Love has yet to even provide a glimpse at why the Packers traded up to draft him in the first round.”
Pay no attention too this

Lets throw 3 first rounders at this guy and get us a packers qb they are all hofers

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
The fuck? QBs come around nearly every year with that skill set and the ability to throw from a multitude of launch platforms. Zach Wilson has a canon and can throw from insane angles, doesn’t mean I’m calling him the next Rodgers, even though their play is similar. But he would be a great pick for the Bears, but NOT the Packers because of Rodgers.

I agree with what another poster said-you are vastly overrating Love because you are a Packers fan. He couldn’t dominate abysmal competition (and btw, those players at Bama, UGA, etc have special talent around them but they also compete against special talent). He has traits. You are banking on those traits. But saying because he shares some of the same traits as Mahomes means he will be Mahomes is ridiculous.

He was worth maybe a 2nd round pick for many teams. He was not for the Packers.

Um, no, they dont lol. Who? I can remember at most one from any draft, and only a couple overall from the last decade or so, and they always go high. Mahomes, Allen....? Who else?

Wilson does have a similar skillset yes, and he is the only QB in his draft with that billing, and he will likely go top 5.

Why would getting a QB not be a good pick for GB? What if he is a HOFer? Waa drafting Rodgers not a good pick because we had Favre?

Love did dominate, in his Sophomore season. Yea, he lost his whole O and coaching staff, and had a season full of Favre-like hero ball shenanigans, causing him to drop from what would have been a top 10 overall pick to the late first.

I never said Love would for sure be as good as Mahomes, but no one doubts Mahones has generational raw talent. Love has that same talent.

Almost noone had Love going outside the 1st and its essentially confirmed by KC that he wouldn't have, as their GM stated their phones were ringing off the hook for that 32nd pick until Love was drafted.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got mooks suggesting dumb shit like this while we have fans saying our qb isnt worth Bridgewater money when in fact Mitch is pretty much bridgewater in 2 less years in the league

JFC sometimes i cant take you mfs

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Actually, we are the ideal fit, due to how raw Love is.

If Love ever starts for us, it will probably be by 2022, 2023. If not, he probably isnt our guy.

Our team is contractually constructed to make the decision on Rodgers/Love going into 2022.
And that’s my whole point on why it was such a dumb pick. If the Packers in 2022 decide to let Rodgers walk so they can ‘develop’ Jordan Love, that will be the stupidest decision in sports history. I would love it because I’m a Bears fan. But if they do everything to keep Rodgers, Love will never see the field consistently throughout his whole rookie contract. And he was a first round pick. It was a dumb pick.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
But if anyone tells you Jordan Love is very likely not to be the next Pat Mahomes you freak out and launch into a three-hundred word rant about how we are "coping".

No. I refuted your baseless statement that Love doesnt have the physical talent of Mahomes. (when that was the whole reason he was drafted in the 1st lol)

And I refuted your silly cope that Love's ceiling is for some reason set at Matthew Stafford, a player with an entirely different skillset.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No. I refuted your baseless statement that Love doesnt have the physical talent of Mahomes. (when that was the whole reason he was drafted in the 1st lol)

And I refuted your silly cope that Love's ceiling is for some reason set at Matthew Stafford, a player with an entirely different skillset.
Matt Stafford is one of the better arm talent prospects of the last ten years, if anything you should be salivating at such a comparison. It kind of exposes your delusion for what it is when you dismiss it so blithely.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Almost noone had Love going outside the 1st and its essentially confirmed by KC that he wouldn't have, as their GM stated their phones were ringing off the hook for that 32nd pick until Love was drafted.
Teams were so enthusiastic about Love that they all wanted to wait until their second selection to draft him. You are owning yourself.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Um, no, they dont lol. Who? I can remember at most one from any draft, and only a couple overall from the last decade or so, and they always go high. Mahomes, Allen....? Who else?

Wilson does have a similar skillset yes, and he is the only QB in his draft with that billing, and he will likely go top 5.

Why would getting a QB not be a good pick for GB? What if he is a HOFer? Waa drafting Rodgers not a good pick because we had Favre?

Love did dominate, in his Sophomore season. Yea, he lost his whole O and coaching staff, and had a season full of Favre-like hero ball shenanigans, causing him to drop from what would have been a top 10 overall pick to the late first.

I never said Love would for sure be as good as Mahomes, but no one doubts Mahones has generational raw talent. Love has that same talent.

Those are fantastic arguments for a team like the Bears taking him because we are stuck with Mitch. It does not make sense for a team like the Packers when they have Rodgers who has at least 5 years of good play left in him. How are you not understanding this.

The only benefit he has is how they can trade him ala the Pats/Jimmy G near the end of his rookie deal. Regardless, you spent a first round pick on a player who likely won’t see the field much. Not sensible.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
And that’s my whole point on why it was such a dumb pick. If the Packers in 2022 decide to let Rodgers walk so they can ‘develop’ Jordan Love, that will be the stupidest decision in sports history. I would love it because I’m a Bears fan. But if they do everything to keep Rodgers, Love will never see the field consistently throughout his whole rookie contract. And he was a first round pick. It was a dumb pick.

But, what if Love is a star QB? We could go from Rodgers to Love and then bolster the roster with all the savings from letting Rodgers walk. Obviously, Love would have to be really good for that to work, but that's the point lol. We drafted him to be another star QB.

Even if we did keep Rodgers his whole contract, if Love become a star QB, that would STILL be worth it easily lol. We would go from one baller as QB with an insane skillset to another. Hey, that sounds familiar!

Your entire point requires you to merely assume Love won't be a baller. If he is, then the pick was more then worth it.

The worst time to look for QB, is when you need one.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Teams were so enthusiastic about Love that they all wanted to wait until their second selection to draft him. You are owning yourself.

That's the first round isnt it? I believe I was replying to the claim that he was 'worth a second rounder'.

Not to mention, why do you assume that 'all's teams waited until their second selection to draft him? Just because a shit ton of teams wanted to trade up to 32 for Love doesnt mean no one else wanted him before that lol.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
But, what if Love is a star QB? We could go from Rodgers to Love and then bolster the roster with all the savings from letting Rodgers walk. Obviously, Love would have to be really good for that to work, but that's the point lol. We drafted him to be another star QB.

Even if we did keep Rodgers his whole contract, if Love become a star QB, that would STILL be worth it easily lol. We would go from one baller as QB with an insane skillset to another. Hey, that sounds familiar!

Your entire point requires you to merely assume Love won't be a baller. If he is, then the pick was more then worth it.

So then you would let Rodgers walk so Love can get the start. Got it. Because if that’s not the case, Loves rookie contract is up while Rodgers is still starting, and then you have to decide to extend him to sit on the bench, which he probably wouldn’t do, or just draft another rookie QB that management is enamored with. It was a stupid pick.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That's the first round isnt it? I believe I was replying to the claim that he was 'worth a second rounder'.

Not to mention, why do you assume that 'all's teams waited until their second selection to draft him? Just because a shit ton of teams wanted to trade up to 32 for Love doesnt mean no one else wanted him before that lol.
For every team with a first round pick (which is all but I think two teams last year) Love would represent their second selection. If they were really as certain of his Pat Mahomes ceiling they would've drafted him earlier.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Those are fantastic arguments for a team like the Bears taking him because we are stuck with Mitch. It does not make sense for a team like the Packers when they have Rodgers who has at least 5 years of good play left in him. How are you not understanding this.

The only benefit he has is how they can trade him ala the Pats/Jimmy G near the end of his rookie deal. Regardless, you spent a first round pick on a player who likely won’t see the field much. Not sensible.

Okay. So of Love is a HOFer, and he takes over for Rodgers anywhere from 2024 (let alone before that), your saying that won't be a good pick because we already had Rodgers? Umm.... what?? Lol

You know who was younger then Rodgers is now when we drafted Rodgers? Favre. Was that a bad pick because we already had Favre?

The Bears would suck for Jordan Love. He is a raw player who needs to be polished, not thrown to the wolves by a fucking shit O lol.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

The flip side is if it doesn't work out the Packers missed out on Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, Jaylon Johnson, Chase Claypool, etc. Any number of players that could be impacting as starters a Super Bowl contending team. The decision was to sacrifice the strength of this current window for a lottery ticket on extending a new window another fifteen years. It's a big gamble and the odds are not really in the Packers' favor at all, but that's not saying it impossible for it to work out.