Jordan Love

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
So then you would let Rodgers walk so Love can get the start. Got it. Because if that’s not the case, Loves rookie contract is up while Rodgers is still starting, and then you have to decide to extend him to sit on the bench, which he probably wouldn’t do, or just draft another rookie QB that management is enamored with. It was a stupid pick.

Rodgers contract ends the same year Love's does. We could just extend Love and let Rodgers walk lol. How would that not be worth it if Love is a HOFer?

I could see us trading Rodgers and starting Love, particularly of Rodgers regresses back to 2018-2019 level performance, and we feel Love is ready to ball.

No matter what happens with Rodgers, there is literally no way this pick could be dumb if Love is a baller lol. Imagine thinking that you should pass up on an awesome QB because you already have a much older awesome QB lol.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No matter what happens with Rodgers, there is literally no way this pick could be dumb
Unless the Packers fail to win another Super Bowl with Rodgers and Love winds up being bad. Then its pretty dumb.

Also this is by far the most likely scenario of all reasonable scenarios.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
For every team with a first round pick (which is all but I think two teams last year) Love would represent their second selection. If they were really as certain of his Pat Mahomes ceiling they would've drafted him earlier.

Every team from 32-27 was still on their first selection I believe. We traded up to 26 and drafted him. So yea, no guarantee someone else wouldn't draft him with their first selection, but its not regardless, it is essentially confirmed that the latest he would have gone was 32, unless the Chiefs GM was lying about his trade back offers.

Nope, Love when 26th as opposed to 10th due to his floor being lower then Mahomes, not his ceiling. Love as a prospect, is rawer, Mahomes.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Every team from 32-27 was still on their first selection I believe. We traded up to 26 and drafted him. So yea, no guarantee someone else wouldn't draft him with their first selection, but its not regardless, it is essentially confirmed that the latest he would have gone was 32, unless the Chiefs GM was lying about his trade back offers.
Right, none of those teams were willing to take him with their pick and were instead looking to trade back up with the Chiefs for him. And twenty-four teams just straight up passed on him.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Unless the Packers fail to win another Super Bowl with Rodgers and Love winds up being bad. Then its pretty dumb.

Also this is by far the most likely scenario of all reasonable scenarios.

But, what if we win with Rodgers and Love is a baller? Heck, even if we didn't win with Rodgers, Love being a baller would rectify the decision.

Why would that be the likely scenario? I mean, I guess kinda, in the sense most teams don't win SBs, and most QB aren't great, but for the most part, I trust GB's evaluation of QBs.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why would that be the likely scenario? I mean, I guess kinda, in the sense most teams don't win SBs, and most QB aren't great
And now he finally figures out why maybe the Jordan Love pick might be pretty shitty.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Right, none of those teams were willing to take him with their pick and were instead looking to trade back up with the Chiefs for him. And twenty-four teams just straight up passed on him.

How do you know that one of the teams at 32-27 would not have taken him with their first selection?

It being confirmed that there were teams that wanted to trade backup into the 1st for Love, does not somehow mean that none of the teams at 32-27 still on their first selection wouldn't have taken him lol.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
And now he finally figures out why maybe the Jordan Love pick might be pretty shitty.

Ah okay. So we shouldn't have drafted Rodgers or traded a first for Favre because most QBs don't work out. Truly brilliant.

I guess we shouldn't have used our 1st on any other player either, I mean after all, what would be the point, most teams dont win SBs so its unlikely it would help us. LOL

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Rodgers contract ends the same year Love's does. We could just extend Love and let Rodgers walk lol. How would that not be worth it if Love is a HOFer?

I could see us trading Rodgers and starting Love, particularly of Rodgers regresses back to 2018-2019 level performance, and we feel Love is ready to ball.

No matter what happens with Rodgers, there is literally no way this pick could be dumb if Love is a baller lol. Imagine thinking that you should pass up on an awesome QB because you already have a much older awesome QB lol.
Your arguments are so illogical. I love how you have to insert the word ‘if’ before every phrase. ‘If’ Love turns into a HOF QB, ‘if’ he is ready to ball out at exactly the same time that Rodgers retires all while having sat on the bench for 5 years.

You being a Packers fan is clouding your better judgment on this issue. The likelihood that he will be a HOF QB if he starts now versus if he starts 5 years from now after backing up Rodgers is very small. The difference is the Packers will have to sign him to a hefty contract JUST TO FIND out 4-5 years from now since he hadn’t played.

As I said, there is a reason almost every Packer fan hated the move.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Ah okay. So we shouldn't have drafted Rodgers or traded a first for Favre because most QBs don't work out. Truly brilliant.

I guess we shouldn't have used our 1st on any other player either, I mean after all, what would be the point, most teams dont win SBs so its unlikely it would help us. LOL
Stop comparing Love to Favre and Rodgers. Love has as much chance as being a HOF QB as any other QB with a lot of raw talent. Very little.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
No we haven't lol. Who? A bunch of late round picks? Since 92 we have had 4 high round QB acquisitions, Favre trade (1st), Rodgers (1st), Brohm (Late 2nd), Love (1st).

Um...no lol. Your referring to Matt Schniedman's ridiculous clickbait article for the athletic, which essentially amounts to 'He isn't wowing people in the very first week of his 1st TC so he must not be good' lol. Rodgers, Mahomes both were criticized out of their first TC too.

The video you just mentioned doesn't exist.

Love doesn't suit up because he hasn't been given a chance to be our backup yet. No otas, preseason etc.

I adore the Love pick, Jefferson would be cool in the here and now but we clearly dont need more offensive weapons.
So now, you have to be an early pick, whatever that means, to be taken into account? Must not know which teams board you are posting on.

Just since you've drafted Rodgers:

Ingle Martin (5th)
Brian Brohm (2nd)
Matt Flynn (7th)
BJ Coleman (7th)
Brett Hundley (5th)
Jordan Love (1st)

Not one is back up quality. Not one.

I don't know about Rodgers being criticized, I don't remember that. Certainly, Mahomes was not. And it's recent enough, surely you can find something on the topic. And No, Hill coming out this year and vocalizing his private thoughts about the best qb in the game now is not the same as Mahomes being criticized.

Love not being a backup because of OTAs and preseason is a joke. We are heading into week 16. OTAs, preseason, etc. are no longer excuses. He's not a backup because he's not back up quality

You keep comparing him to Mahomes. Yes, he has similar arm strength, and can throw from different angles. However, Mahomes is far more elusive. Love runs with a big body. Mahomes has a lightning quick release. Love has a longer windup. Mahomes can process the game lightning quick and isn't prone to repeating mistakes. Love's last year was a show case in inability to read defenses and repeating the same damn mistakes.

Good luck.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why would the Packers trade him to the Bears? Also, if the Packers are willing to trade him, I'd be worried.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The flip side is if it doesn't work out the Packers missed out on Patrick Queen, Tee Higgins, Jaylon Johnson, Chase Claypool, etc. Any number of players that could be impacting as starters a Super Bowl contending team. The decision was to sacrifice the strength of this current window for a lottery ticket on extending a new window another fifteen years.

It's a big gamble and the odds are not really in the Packers' favor at all, but that's not saying it impossible for it to work out.

Are u familar with G.B's Qb development process over the last 30+ yrs. ? And can u point out a time when the Pack has had a seriously bad Qb situation??
And no the Pack wouldn't trade a player to a division foe.

Last edited:

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
FFS, is this a 4 page thread about a 3rd string QB that can't even beat out some guy named Tim Boyle from Eastern Kentucky?

:what:

How can you beat out someone you were never given an opportunity to beat out lol.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
How can you beat out someone you were never given an opportunity to beat out lol.
Wow, I didn't know GB skipped all of training camp and OTA activity and just laced them up Game 1 .

Seems legit.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Your arguments are so illogical. I love how you have to insert the word ‘if’ before every phrase. ‘If’ Love turns into a HOF QB, ‘if’ he is ready to ball out at exactly the same time that Rodgers retires all while having sat on the bench for 5 years.

You being a Packers fan is clouding your better judgment on this issue. The likelihood that he will be a HOF QB if he starts now versus if he starts 5 years from now after backing up Rodgers is very small. The difference is the Packers will have to sign him to a hefty contract JUST TO FIND out 4-5 years from now since he hadn’t played.

As I said, there is a reason almost every Packer fan hated the move.

Obviously Love being a baller would eliminate any chance of the pick not being worth it. Obviously it should be assumed that if he is to work out, he would at least be ready by 2024 to start lol.

I never said he was more likely to be a HOF QB by sitting 5 seasons. He does need time to be polished but 5 seasons is excessive unless Rodgers is still just playing too good to move on from.

Even assuming he sits for 5 seasons, as long as he is good, why wouldn't that be worth it?

As I mentioned earlier, signing Love to an extension early into his tenure is likely the course of action GB is going for, just like we did with Rodgers.

If we extend Love before he ever starts, that will be risky but high upside, as if he works out, we will have extended him for less then he ended up being worth.

Packers fans hated the Rodgers pick and Favre trade too lol. Furthermore, no Packers fan was upset for the nonsense you just said, they were upset because they wanted an immediate contributor, but the upside to a QB is much higher then any other position.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Wow, I didn't know GB skipped all of training camp and OTA activity and just laced them up Game 1 .

Seems legit.

Boyle was affirmed as our backup prior to TC even starting. This was always the plan.

We like Boyle as a backup, Love is raw and unpolished. Nothing to see here, if he doesn't beat him out next preseason, then hey, start complaining.

Craig Nall trashed Aaron Rodgers in the 05 preseason btw lol.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Matt Stafford is one of the better arm talent prospects of the last ten years, if anything you should be salivating at such a comparison. It kind of exposes your delusion for what it is when you dismiss it so blithely.

I never doubted Stafford's arm talent (though it isn't on par to Favre, Rodgers, Love), I simply pointed out that Love isnt even remotely comparable as a player to Stafford lol. Skillsets are very different.

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
So now, you have to be an early pick, whatever that means, to be taken into account? Must not know which teams board you are posting on.

Just since you've drafted Rodgers:

Ingle Martin (5th)
Brian Brohm (2nd)
Matt Flynn (7th)
BJ Coleman (7th)
Brett Hundley (5th)
Jordan Love (1st)

Not one is back up quality. Not one.

I don't know about Rodgers being criticized, I don't remember that. Certainly, Mahomes was not. And it's recent enough, surely you can find something on the topic. And No, Hill coming out this year and vocalizing his private thoughts about the best qb in the game now is not the same as Mahomes being criticized.

Love not being a backup because of OTAs and preseason is a joke. We are heading into week 16. OTAs, preseason, etc. are no longer excuses. He's not a backup because he's not back up quality

You keep comparing him to Mahomes. Yes, he has similar arm strength, and can throw from different angles. However, Mahomes is far more elusive. Love runs with a big body. Mahomes has a lightning quick release. Love has a longer windup. Mahomes can process the game lightning quick and isn't prone to repeating mistakes. Love's last year was a show case in inability to read defenses and repeating the same damn mistakes.

Good luck.

A bunch of mid to late round picks that didn't work out for us. Whoopee! Most of those guys were just late round developmental guys, Flynn was the only one who ended up working out for us, sure, but how 5th and 7th rounders work out each decade?

Rodgers was dismantled by Craig Nall in the 05 preseason. Mahomes was drawing criticisms right out of training camp for too many interceptions, Tyreek Hill just commented on this not long ago, saying he thought Mahomes sucked at first.

Love isnt a backup because he wasn't given a chance to be the backup. That is not what we as a team wanted for him. We didn't need a pinch fill in for Rodgers, we have a guy we like for that, Love is our QB of the future. Your wishful thinking doesnt constitute reality.

Not really, Love has a bit stronger frame then Mahomes, not quite as quick, but he muscles through arm tackles even stronger, more like Russel Wilson.

Mahomes had major questions about processing the game and making mistakes coming out of college. Furthermore, no one questioned Love's adeptness in those areas in his sophomore season.

Wrong, Love has every bit as quick a release and throwing motion as Mahomes, he does like holding on to the ball too long, but that isnt the same as having a long windup, he absolutely has a lightning fast windup and release.

Yes, Love had a rough junior season, and he admitted he was constantly trying to do too much and make up for his inadequate team, this is the only reason he was available late in the 1st as opposed to top 5-10 like he was projected to be before his junior season.

I'm more then willing to bet a 1st rounder on Jordan Love's sophomore season being the one that's truly reflective of him as a player, especially with that arm and skillset.