just a sprain

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hn-fox-jay-cutler-suffered-right-thumb-sprain

Cutler suffered a right thumb sprain during Monday's loss to the Eagles and currently is considered day to day, head coach John Fox told reporters Tuesday. Fox added that it doesn't appear that Cutler will need surgery on his thumb. The is a positive development after NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Bears were preparing for a lengthy absence for Cutler.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So- If it is a sprain, It is anti-inflamatories and pain management... and a return to the field.
Cant wait to see how this plays out.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is disappointing. I was actually really looking forward to Hoyer/Barkley, not that they are good, but I can't stand to watch Jay anymore.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is disappointing. I was actually really looking forward to Hoyer/Barkley, not that they are good, but I can't stand to watch Jay anymore.

Thaty is why it will be interesting to see it play out.

If Pace and fox have lost confidence and plan on moving on, this is the perfect moment to do so- Keep him out to "heal" and let the cards fall where they will with Hoyer.

On the other side, they could just as well put him back out and see if he has a few really good games and push off the drafting of a QB for one more season.

This will be a very interesting season.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Sore thumb is the least of Jay's issues. Dude has a sprained head. He is slow as shit in processing information. He is going to make Jimmy Mac seem like Einstein when he gets to that age. He needs to hang it up.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Fox is sick of Jay and ready to throw him under the bus...

"I think Jay probably originally hurt his thumb five years ago," Fox said. "But he practiced every play of practice last week, I think you guys were out there."

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
dammit!!! I was hoping he had completely torn it off.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
so in fox language... Cutler day to day means it was amputated at the elbow?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thaty is why it will be interesting to see it play out.

If Pace and fox have lost confidence and plan on moving on, this is the perfect moment to do so- Keep him out to "heal" and let the cards fall where they will with Hoyer.

On the other side, they could just as well put him back out and see if he has a few really good games and push off the drafting of a QB for one more season.

This will be a very interesting season.

The only positive of Cutler continuing to start would be him stringing together a few decent games and increasing his trade value. That is about it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jay is day to day like Jimmy G is day to day. Nothing more than shit from the HC to make teams have to do extra prep on the QB's.. Jimmy G will be day to day until Brady returns and Jay will be day to day waiting for a Benny Hinn revival.

XSKzA4w.gif

Expect 4-6 weeks minimum.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I hope (pick) 6 plays.
Want to move up that draft.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only positive of Cutler continuing to start would be him stringing together a few decent games and increasing his trade value. That is about it.

....or completely failing and giving Pace a reason to launch Loggains at the minimum... plus a good draft pick.

Hoyer playing siginificant time kind of scares me. He managed the fuck out of the regular season last year, and it is entirely possible to win 5-7 games with him if the defense takes hold.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeaaaaaaaaaaah...no.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Worst QB of All time. I think I have said this before. Still has not changed from earlier today.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe McKnee could be contracted to rip that thumb clean the fuck off and just end it already. A couple double cheeseburgers should seal the deal.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The Bears should bench him and bottom out.
I gotta give you credit when you say stuff like this. As if teams have benched their starting qb just to "bottom out."

When does that happen, and can you name teams that have ever intentionally done that? That's meatball 101.