Justin Fields is already fixing the Bears' problems

mecha

Liked Posts:
this just screams "LoL #CaLlEdIt" to me. and honestly, it's not funny anymore.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
this is from 2 months ago. preseason didn't even happen yet. what am I supposed to take away from this?

That Justin Fields is awesome. I didn't see anyone post it so, here we are.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He had me until he called the Bears a "better organization with better structure and better supporting cast that will help him be successful."

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He had me until he called the Bears a "better organization with better structure and better supporting cast that will help him be successful."
It's better than a few of the teams that could've drafted fields like the jags, lions, jets, giants, etc. Broncos are the biggest losers on fields imo. That team is fucking loaded and pretty much just a qb away.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's better than a few of the teams that could've drafted fields like the jags, lions, jets, giants, etc.
Denver. I spoke to both a Lions and Broncos fan this summer while golfing and as they were talking up their teams, I said, shoulda drafted the QB and they both stfu.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Proves Dalton = Foles

Nagy a fn moron

let’s say Fields starts week 8 ….are you going to tell me he developed more riding the bench than actually playing? Nope

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Him holding that cranberrytini creeps me out

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Proves Dalton = Foles

Nagy a fn moron

let’s say Fields starts week 8 ….are you going to tell me he developed more riding the bench than actually playing? Nope
If he's staying home and making better reads, maybe. I don't know for certain and neither do you. Guess what, neither do Nagy or Fields with the certainty you display. They'll know more in a few weeks of simulations and scout team against the #1 d.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think Nagy actually can draw up a good scheme, WRs are constantly open, but he's terrible when it comes to calling a game.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If he's staying home and making better reads, maybe. I don't know for certain and neither do you. Guess what, neither do Nagy or Fields with the certainty you display. They'll know more in a few weeks of simulations and scout team against the #1 d.
What Jts said is the truth through. QBs are going to learn/develop more by playing rather than being on the sideline. Simulations and scout team don’t necessarily transfer over to Sundays. You gotta play on Sundays to grasp everything m.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What Jts said is the truth through. QBs are going to learn/develop more by playing rather than being on the sideline. Simulations and scout team don’t necessarily transfer over to Sundays. You gotta play on Sundays to grasp everything m.
I linked a podcast where the guys are talking about Murray who has developed a habit of leaving the pocket too soon and how it's stunted his growth. It's not just about being more productive now. It's also about giving them the tools to make a better build with. I know a lot of guys here would like to see what happened with Watson but they simplified the O for him and I firmly believe he took too many shots and has been lucky to not get dinged. Watson also started 38 college games to Fields' 22.

Look, I wouldn't rail against starting Fields Sunday. I'm just saying I understand.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I linked a podcast where the guys are talking about Murray who has developed a habit of leaving the pocket too soon and how it's stunted his growth. It's not just about being more productive now. It's also about giving them the tools to make a better build with. I know a lot of guys here would like to see what happened with Watson but they simplified the O for him and I firmly believe he took too many shots and has been lucky to not get dinged. Watson also started 38 college games to Fields' 22.

Look, I wouldn't rail against starting Fields Sunday. I'm just saying I understand.

Same, and Fields was bailing early in the pre-season, and he took a huge shot because he didn't recognize the blitz coming. Fields is fairly pro-ready, but I think him sitting a few games and seeing game film of non-vanilla defenses actually helps his development. After a few weeks though, I don't think he learns by sitting.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

You might not like it, but it's true. The WRs/TEs are constantly in mismatches. The QB just couldn't get the ball in the right spots. Problem with Nagy is when he calls a game, he calls shit with no rhyme or reason. His affinity for trick plays, specifically after the team finds a groove, constantly kills drives and momentum.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Same, and Fields was bailing early in the pre-season, and he took a huge shot because he didn't recognize the blitz coming. Fields is fairly pro-ready, but I think him sitting a few games and seeing game film of non-vanilla defenses actually helps his development. After a few weeks though, I don't think he learns by sitting.
I don't mind sitting him week 1 to see if the OL is manageably or QB PTSD bad. But as far as game film, I am pretty sure there are reams of real defense game film some as recent as 8 or 9 months ago available to view at Halas Hall.