Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't mind sitting him week 1 to see if the OL is manageably or QB PTSD bad. But as far as game film, I am pretty sure there are reams of real defense game film some as recent as 8 or 9 months ago available to view at Halas Hall.
It still helps to watch and see how Andy adjusts to similar sets/plays as they can run with Fields.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I cited the yards of separation to show how disingenuous you were being trying to use them in your argument. It isn't like I brought them up. You were trying to use them as some negative yet they were better or as good as two of the best players in the league, and no one would ever claim the Chiefs have a bad scheme.

When defenses know they don't have to cover the deep ball because the QB can't hit the broad side of a barn, it makes it very easy to just cram defenders around the intermediate zone. I get you don't want to give the guy any credit, and I'm not saying he's the best, but your only argument is separation, which has more to do with individual players and coverages they face than a general scheme.
Again, I have seen him design a play with 3 WR converging to a single meshpoint... repeatedly, I have seen him call a hb dive for the smallest RB in the NFL...repeatedly, I have seen him call a bubble screen to the short side of the field...repeatedly. These are horrible plays that just don't work. I provided a graph illustrating that the Bears are the league worst in separation by target.

Yet you claim he is fine play designer. Based on what? Sean Payton stealing one play?

You want to claim he is a good play designer, but asked to demonstrate what makes you say that, you just throw out a
"trust me" he is great, he just has a problem calling plays or blame all his QB's even the ones he chose.

In the end who gives a rats ass the source of his failureas an offensive HC, he sucks at his area of "expertise" always has, and unfortunately likely always will.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It still helps to watch and see how Andy adjusts to similar sets/plays as they can run with Fields.
Yeah, but how a defense plays JF is going to be vastly different than how they defend AD. I think the biggest value is him seeing and understanding what he will be facing with this as his OL. Beyond that watching how teams defend Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson will be much more useful and how they defend JF.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Again, I have seen him design a play with 3 WR converging to a single meshpoint... repeatedly, I have seen him call a hb dive for the smallest RB in the NFL...repeatedly, I have seen him call a bubble screen to the short side of the field...repeatedly. These are horrible plays that just don't work. I provided a graph illustrating that the Bears are the league worst in separation by target.

Yet you claim he is fine play designer. Based on what? Sean Payton stealing one play?

You want to claim he is a good play designer, but asked to demonstrate what makes you say that, you just throw out a
"trust me" he is great, he just has a problem calling plays or blame all his QB's even the ones he chose.

In the end who gives a rats ass the source of his failureas an offensive HC, he sucks at his area of "expertise" always has, and unfortunately likely always will.

I mean, just watch the games. There are plenty of one-on-ones being created where the QB just has to be accurate and completely whiffs. You pick a couple bad plays and are doing the same "trust me" nonsense. You claimed earlier how KC and Buff had great offensive schemes, but when pointed out the Bears best players have the same or superior separation as their guys, an argument you brought up btw, you move on to something else. You keep bringing up Payton, but if I pointed out that Michael Thomas only had 2.5 yards per separation, you'd hem and haw about it. Mooney led the league last year in missed air yards. Something like 1/3 of his targets were completely uncatchable. Trubisky had an 18% deep completion rate last season. You just can't run an effective offense like that. Nagy is absolutely atrocious as a play caller, that we agree on, but the plays themselves aren't all terrible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"His scheme creates mismatches and guys are always open."

I mean I seriously have no idea how to respond to this. That is Jewish space lasers starting forest fires delusional.

This graph sums it up.
Bears:
10th in yards of separation from 0-5
Last in yards of separation from 5-10
Last in yards ofseparation from 10-15
24th in yards of separation from 15-20
17th in yards of separation from 20-25
28th in yards of separation from 25-30

View attachment 13795
The Bears along with NYG are the only teams to be below average in 5 of the 6 zones and the Bears only area of above average being 0-5 yrds meaning a lot of 3 and 10 soft coverage bubble screens, so really they were the absolute worst team in the NFL in getting separation.

Tell me again about Nagy's great play scheming.
Comes from waiting to long to throw to the wrong target.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I mean, just watch the games. There are plenty of one-on-ones being created where the QB just has to be accurate and completely whiffs. You pick a couple bad plays and are doing the same "trust me" nonsense. You claimed earlier how KC and Buff had great offensive schemes, but when pointed out the Bears best players have the same or superior separation as their guys, an argument you brought up btw, you move on to something else. You keep bringing up Payton, but if I pointed out that Michael Thomas only had 2.5 yards per separation, you'd hem and haw about it. Mooney led the league last year in missed air yards. Something like 1/3 of his targets were completely uncatchable. Trubisky had an 18% deep completion rate last season. You just can't run an effective offense like that. Nagy is absolutely atrocious as a play caller, that we agree on, but the plays themselves aren't all terrible.

You are taking 2 snaps from a 60 snap game and saying if the QB simply completed his throws on those 2 snaps everything else would fall into place and thats just not accurate .

The Bears offense biggest problem is the constant calling of plays that take 5 seconds to develop when the QB really on has 3 seconds before the ball has to come out because of the Oline . A receiver will take at least 4 seconds to go 40 yards so we can see the problem this creates for an offense thats wants to take deep shots.

As for the separation issue thats been thrown out there the Bears are trying to manufacture separation by adding speed to the equation . They figure they can get more guys open underneath as teams will back off the speedsters .

Nagy is by far the biggest problem with his own offense and by far what the qb sees on the field and what Nagy sees on the field does not often time matchup and thats the problem .

We will see how long Dalton goes before mentioning tempo as Mitch mentioned it years ago and Foles mentioned it very publicly right after he got here . Nagy trusts his call sheet more than he does his players and thats always been the elephant in the room .

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What are you talking about I cited the, far from perfect, but single quantifiable metric that has any relation to created mismatches, team yards of separation. The Bears are the worst team in the NFL, not kinda bad, worst. We can get argue QB's and individual players all day long but the fact is as a team no one was worse. Hell, if I conceded that Nagy was a great playdesigner that would mean he is just that much worse of a play caller, personnel utilizer, and game manager.

Who cares, he sucks

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You are taking 2 snaps from a 60 snap game and saying if the QB simply completed his throws on those 2 snaps everything else would fall into place and thats just not accurate .

The Bears offense biggest problem is the constant calling of plays that take 5 seconds to develop when the QB really on has 3 seconds before the ball has to come out because of the Oline . A receiver will take at least 4 seconds to go 40 yards so we can see the problem this creates for an offense thats wants to take deep shots.

As for the separation issue thats been thrown out there the Bears are trying to manufacture separation by adding speed to the equation . They figure they can get more guys open underneath as teams will back off the speedsters .

Nagy is by far the biggest problem with his own offense and by far what the qb sees on the field and what Nagy sees on the field does not often time matchup and thats the problem .

We will see how long Dalton goes before mentioning tempo as Mitch mentioned it years ago and Foles mentioned it very publicly right after he got here . Nagy trusts his call sheet more than he does his players and thats always been the elephant in the room .
The teams with the most explosive offenses have plenty of plays that take five seconds to develop and see their fair share of negative plays. Difference is their qbs were able to take advantage of the chunk plays that are created for them.

The rest has nothing to do with play design as we all agree that Nagy sucks at calling a game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What are you talking about I cited the, far from perfect, but single quantifiable metric that has any relation to created mismatches, team yards of separation. The Bears are the worst team in the NFL, not kinda bad, worst. We can get argue QB's and individual players all day long but the fact is as a team no one was worse. Hell, if I conceded that Nagy was a great playdesigner that would mean he is just that much worse of a play caller, personnel utilizer, and game manager.

Who cares, he sucks
You care, otherwise you wouldn't have commented anyway, because I am saying exactly what you ended with. He's a pretty good play designer but absolutely sucks in game. In fact, that was my original post that you seemed to take offense to because you keep thinking correlation=causation. You've been acting like I put him on the same level as shanahan or reid.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What Jts said is the truth through. QBs are going to learn/develop more by playing rather than being on the sideline. Simulations and scout team don’t necessarily transfer over to Sundays. You gotta play on Sundays to grasp everything m.

But this is just like Smith/Mahomes in 2017!!!!!!!!!
Fucking Nagy is so stupid.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is from 2 months ago. preseason didn't even happen yet. what am I supposed to take away from this?
That the lad who did the breakdown is trying to cash in on the raging fucking hardon that Bears fans have over the saviour?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That the lad who did the breakdown is trying to cash in on the raging fucking hardon that Bears fans have over the saviour?
Kollman is national guy but my fucking hardon is real and unrelenting.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kollman is national guy but my fucking hardon is real and unrelenting.
Exactly which will be why he did a breakdown without so much as a preseason snap, shooting fish in a barrel mate

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly which will be why he did a breakdown without so much as a preseason snap, shooting fish in a barrel mate
To say that Fields has the tools to run this O more properly than what came before in long winded way is neither objectional nor sensational. Duh comes to mind. Just a meh.

mecha

Liked Posts:
someone gets it!

I don't know if that touchdown the kid threw was the greatest ever, but I haven't had so much confidence in a BEARS quarterback being able to do so much wicked shit.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To say that Fields has the tools to run this O more properly than what came before in long winded way is neither objectional nor sensational. Duh comes to mind. Just a meh.
As it validates people’s hopes and dreams there’s a good market for it

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
someone gets it!

I don't know if that touchdown the kid threw was the greatest ever, but I haven't had so much confidence in a BEARS quarterback being able to do so much wicked shit.
The Horsted one against the Titans?

That 1st half was a fucking microcosm of the situation! The first 28 minutes suggested the offense will be what it’ll be overall even with Fields then he pulls that play out the bag that we’ve never seen from a Bears QB