Justin Fields mechanics

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I've read a few places that he has some "hitch" in his throwing motion. I guess that's what Simms didn't like? My question is why does that matter? Is it supposed to make him more innacurate? Take longer to throw? His completion percentages were excellent in college so the accuracy doesn't really concern me. Just wondering what the issue is? Or is it people being stupid because it's not "textbook".

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I've read a few places that he has some "hitch" in his throwing motion. I guess that's what Simms didn't like? My question is why does that matter? Is it supposed to make him more innacurate? Take longer to throw? His completion percentages were excellent in college so the accuracy doesn't really concern me. Just wondering what the issue is? Or is it people being stupid because it's not "textbook".
it looks weird so ppl be TRIPPIN about it

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
JT O'Sullivan mentioned other people had an issue with it, but he doesn't think it matters or effects things that much. He doesn't think his motion is too long or slow

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's also some pretty unconventional MLB pitchers and PBA bowlers out there who would be ruined by traditional coaches.

I'd be curious if there's a consensus on an area he can improve without a substantial disruption of what's already working at a high level. Don't fix what ain't broke!!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The textbook thing. Mahomes throws like a street passer at times, he is a top 5 passers in the NFL and yet he fell in the draft. As long as it doesn't affect his accuracy, it doesn't matter

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
QBs make minor tweaks to their throwing motion all the time, but that’s typically done in the offseason. Mitch Trubisky tweaked his throwing motion last season.

Footwork is much more important and will be the main focus with Nagy & Flip.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not watching something 20 minutes long that’s called “study ball.” Only a former HyVee employee could come up with a name like that.

Cliff notes?
Well it's fucking Kurt Warner so I'd watch it, it's good. He goes over the good and bad (his opinion) he had him rated 4th.

Katesboobsrgr8

Liked Posts:
I read that the release time of the other top prospects was .4 to .5 seconds, and Fields, because if the hitch is measured at .8.

I'm not sure if .8 is considered a release that is slow enough to be a detriment in the NFL, but I assume that is the concern.

Monster

Liked Posts:
That hitch is the pin locking back prior to the trigger pull... launching a bullet firmly into center mass.
His arm should be covered by Field and Stream magazine...
of should I say “Fields” and Stream...

greg23

Liked Posts:
Small hands
Slow release
Questionable speed of reading defense

Those were the nitpick reasons he was there at 11....they could come true, he could fix them or they aren't really an issue

We'll soon find out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Small hands
Slow release
Questionable speed of reading defense

Those were the nitpick reasons he was there at 11....they could come true, he could fix them or they aren't really an issue

We'll soon find out.
Now do the 2 QBs between him and Lawrence.