Justin Fields mechanics

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I believe Simms concern was that when he gets pressured or doesn't have time to set the hitch can cause the ball to come out errantly.
I haven't seen it yet. Maybe it's in someone's breakdowns where they're not just showing highlights.
i have seen it multiple times, if you watch Northwestern and Indiana game tapes there are times when he's being chased and has a quick short dump off option where he just needs to flick it, typically when he's on the run. This guy is way better deep than trubisky, and i'll say it now, he's better deep than mahomes, stronger arm than trubisky, way better runner than trubisky or mahomes, the one thing trubisky has on him is a really good short game while on the run.

cafawip138

Liked Posts:
MUCH more important he learn to be an NFL QB and basics of playbook, then nuances of it all before ALSO trying to change his muscle memory on top of that. Quick recipe for a fucked up developmental process & mind-blowing stress.
Let him figure it out and keep doing what works.
The fact that he has a near-photographic memory and scored as high as Joe Burrow on the S2 Cognitive Test for athletes should help with that aspect of his development...

cafawip138

Liked Posts:
i have seen it multiple times, if you watch Northwestern and Indiana game tapes there are times when he's being chased and has a quick short dump off option where he just needs to flick it, typically when he's on the run. This guy is way better deep than trubisky, and i'll say it now, he's better deep than mahomes, stronger arm than trubisky, way better runner than trubisky or mahomes, the one thing trubisky has on him is a really good short game while on the run.
It was much more of an issue in 2019 than 2020. In 2019 the hitch was really obvious and caused him to miss high and to the right sometimes, telegraph throws, etc. didn’t affect things too much because it was ridiculous arm strength, but it was the sort of thing that might’ve been a problem in the NFL. But in 2020 it improved significantly, it really only showed up when he was rushed to get the ball out. With another year or two of development, the new improved mechanics will become second nature. And in the meantime, it’s not going to make or break his performance in the NFL, it’ll only be the difference between being a very good passer and an elite passer.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
My first golf coach told me once “there’s more than one way to hump a duck” didn’t get it until i was about 15

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Oh yeah, I wasn't taking issue with anything. Just stating my opinion on that knock
Successful NFL QBs also have that issue of 1-read-and-done. (i.e. Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, others) People act like going through several reads while properly reading a defense and avoiding sacks is the norm for good NFL QBs, when really, it's very much the exception.

Oh yeah, I wasn't taking issue with anything. Just stating my opinion on that knock

That's not my quote. Some how they got mixed up

@Chicagosports89

I think the locking onto one receiver too long rap that he and fields have is a lazy knock. I'm willing to bet almost 100% of college qbs have that issue. They are still learning the position. You have to give time for read 1 to either come open or not be an option then move to option 2. I think most pros have the issue. Other than Brady most of the elite qbs create time to go through reads with mobility fairly often (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, mahomes, etc.)

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
That's not my quote. Some how they got mixed up

@Chicagosports89

I think the locking onto one receiver too long rap that he and fields have is a lazy knock. I'm willing to bet almost 100% of college qbs have that issue. They are still learning the position. You have to give time for read 1 to either come open or not be an option then move to option 2. I think most pros have the issue. Other than Brady most of the elite qbs create time to go through reads with mobility fairly often (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson, mahomes, etc.)
I'm not sure what's happening here

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Successful NFL QBs also have that issue of 1-read-and-done. (i.e. Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, others) People act like going through several reads while properly reading a defense and avoiding sacks is the norm for good NFL QBs, when really, it's very much the exception.

That was @Chicagosports89's quote about "1 read". Just didn't want any confusion. >>>>#42