Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure, but I'm talking about me, and I am certainly not in the organization.
and I agree. He's still the best prospect but he's got that tail wagging the dog about him and may not become the pocket guy required in the NFL.

May be a Pre-Madonna. whomever drafts him may feel like feel like they got pearl harbored by the Gremans.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am of two schools of thought:
1. It is better for this franchise if Justin Fields is a legit QB
2. Should you need to draft a QB, I am not convinced Caleb Williams is the guy.
1. Yes, it would be awesome if Fields is the guy that we can say is our franchise QB for the next decade.
2. None of the prospects are a sure thing, but Caleb Williams is closer to a sure thing than anyone else.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams vs a non-pac12 defense

pfOuLt.gif

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Pretty much
You mean you assumed I was saying that.

So let me help you out. I think Fields has shown development the last 2 games not just with the stats but he recognition and processing. I think he has a great opportunity to be a franchise QB with us and hopefully he proves it that he is. He puts in the work and is a great guy.

That said, the team has to still have a backup plan in case it doesn't work out. Nothing wrong with evaluating these guys and even drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You mean you assumed I was saying that.

So let me help you out. I think Fields has shown development the last 2 games not just with the stats but he recognition and processing. I think he has a great opportunity to be a franchise QB with us and hopefully he proves it that he is. He puts in the work and is a great guy.

That said, the team has to still have a backup plan in case it doesn't work out. Nothing wrong with evaluating these guys and even drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd round.
Whatever biff jr

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's very very early, I know.

But if Fields plays like he play in the last two games and Carolina finish last.
What does “take Fields” mean?

They already took him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol. Most QB’s that take as long as he has to develop are bums. Took him 5 years to actually throw farther than 5yds down the field. Working for Auburn since 2017, I’ve got to watch him a lot. He’s Jarrett Stidham 2.0. Mid round QB, career backup, spot starter.

@knoxville7
@bearsfan1977

Thoughts on this SEC bust?
I'm with you on Nix. Not sure if he's Stidham bad, but I don't buy into this year. Quite honestly, it tends to be a huge red flag if a college player doesn't dominate until his senior year because by then he's playing against younger kids he should dominate. This is why the Velus Jones pick was such an easy miss for anyone outside of Poles to see. Different position, but the concept is the same.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I am of two schools of thought:
1. It is better for this franchise if Justin Fields is a legit QB
2. Should you need to draft a QB, I am not convinced Caleb Williams is the guy.
I think Fields looks more talented than Williams, but I've seen way more of Fields going back to Ohio St. I see why people are enamored with Williams with some of the throws I've seen him make, but he doesn't look like a "can't miss" prospect to me. That's a guy like Luck or Manning.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol. Most QB’s that take as long as he has to develop are bums. Took him 5 years to actually throw farther than 5yds down the field. Working for Auburn since 2017, I’ve got to watch him a lot. He’s Jarrett Stidham 2.0. Mid round QB, career backup, spot starter.

@knoxville7
@bearsfan1977

Thoughts on this SEC bust?
100%. Career back up in the nfl would be his ceiling IMO

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Some very salty and pissed off people tonight who were in the "Caleb Williams is a generational talent and the bear should trade Justin fields" camp.

I told people when I broke down tape a little bit between Williams and Maye that my initial conclusion after watching a couple games was I wasn't overly impressed with either one but that Maye was probably a slightly stronger Prospect.

Hopefully this should disabuse people of the notion of drafting Williams with number one overall pick if Justin continues to succeed.

My only regret is that if we end up with the first overall pick, this sort of play will mean we get less of a haul in return.
Absolutely moronic take that means absolutely nothing. Hows you feeling about this post now? Lol! Between his inconsistency and flat out being terrible at times now we have the injury issues that come with running qbs even if he wasnt hurt on a run its still always an elevated concern. I said it and ill say it again i think JF is done in Chicago whether he balls out or not. And i was saying the opposite a month ago but giving it some thought i see no reason why the bears shouldnt blow this up and start a new with a different coaching staff and qb.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Absolutely moronic take that means absolutely nothing. Hows you feeling about this post now? Lol! Between his inconsistency and flat out being terrible at times now we have the injury issues that come with running qbs even if he wasnt hurt on a run its still always an elevated concern. I said it and ill say it again i think JF is done in Chicago whether he balls out or not. And i was saying the opposite a month ago but giving it some thought i see no reason why the bears shouldnt blow this up and start a new with a different coaching staff and qb.

Thanks for confirming I was right. Nice of you to hide like a bitch until after Fields had a bad game.

Where was this post you made before the Bears game?

Right, you wouldn't have made it if Fields had a good game, pussy.

coolio

Liked Posts:
We are on track to draft a QB, that’s all I know