Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Liked Posts:
CW is a fucking deva. He was yelling at his oline at one point.
They weren't exactly doing a stellar job of protecting him lol

CW is a clown. His dad's comments about skipping the draft if certain teams have the #1 pick illustrate it. His Dad wouldn't just come out and say that, it almost certainly came from CW.

I kinda hope he does, he sort of reminds of me Kellen Winslow Jr with the diva bullshit he pulls.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But, but, you'll wish it true!!!
Lol I’m literally hoping for three things

1) Bears play well but get a top 3 pick( Panthers )

2) Fields continues to play well

3) We beat the Lions so our resident trolls can shut up for a day

This dude just pops up thinking I care about Williams when I never understood what the hype was about in the first place

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There is no point with the 100% anti-Fields crowd. The goalposts move every time and they find another excuse to dismiss him. I’m just going to wait until the end of the season. But if they do move on, I’m pretty sure I don’t want the replacement to be a prima Donna like Caleb Williams
CW lacks the warrior spirit that fields has!!!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There is no point with the 100% anti-Fields crowd. The goalposts move every time and they find another excuse to dismiss him. I’m just going to wait until the end of the season. But if they do move on, I’m pretty sure I don’t want the replacement to be a prima Donna like Caleb Williams
Yeah, he gives of a huge Kyler Murray vibe.
With his immature look at me," Fuck Utah" or "Fuck NDXX" painted nails thing and some of his quotes, like “It’s pretty cool, I’d say, just because everybody watches Patrick and sees all the cool things he can do,” Williams said, via Zach Gelb of CBS Sports Radio. “I always said even in high school that I don’t think there’s anything -- obviously, he’s special, but I don’t think there’s anything that I can’t do that he’s doing out there.”

I think even if he is good at the NFL level, he is going to be a lot to handle for a teams front office.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe the rumors that CW won’t play for certain teams tbh at least I hope there’s nothing to those rumors

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields still has another year before getting paid. Unless he proves he isn't good you trade the #1 and put off the decision for another year.
Get a WR and EDGE with the 1sts. Hopefully a Center with the 2nd (and/or FA). Those 3 positions go a very long way to fixing this team.

Then you see how much that helps Fields score and if the defense with pass rush can still manage to give leads away.

With 2 1sts again in '25 draft you can still move where ever you need to take whatever QB you want to replace Fields with. I can almost guarantee there will be another very hyped up QB for that draft too.
I believe if the Bears land #1, they will be able to take the house. Example, if Raiders are #4

Bears trade back to 4 and get 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Crosby.....next yrs 1st and 3rd. (Basically 3 first)

Reactions: Myk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol I’m literally hoping for three things

1) Bears play well but get a top 3 pick( Panthers )

2) Fields continues to play well

3) We beat the Lions so our resident trolls can shut up for a day

This dude just pops up thinking I care about Williams when I never understood what the hype was about in the first place
They're all a crap shoot coming out, some just have better odds. You play those odds when in need but bird in the hand and all that. If KC had the Fields we're seeing now in 2017, they wouldn't have drafted Mahomes. I also hate the restart the QB clock thing regarding rookie contracts. You get lucky and it works but forcing it is usually a disaster. The lucky part comes 1st.

I was a Fields fan from before his draft but I'm still in wait and see mode and will know more after we play the LOLions and Brown stains. If he shows composure and competence against those Ds which will have adjusted to what we're doing now. I'm all in. They don't have to even be close games but his play needs to continue to show composure and competence against good Ds.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Bo Nix is flying under the radar. He started 5 years for Auburn and Oregon and that experience is going to help a lot in the pros.
Lol. Most QB’s that take as long as he has to develop are bums. Took him 5 years to actually throw farther than 5yds down the field. Working for Auburn since 2017, I’ve got to watch him a lot. He’s Jarrett Stidham 2.0. Mid round QB, career backup, spot starter.

@knoxville7
@bearsfan1977

Thoughts on this SEC bust?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lol. Most QB’s that take as long as he has to develop are bums. Took him 5 years to actually throw farther than 5yds down the field. Working for Auburn since 2017, I’ve got to watch him a lot. He’s Jarrett Stidham 2.0. Mid round QB, career backup, spot starter.

@knoxville7
@bearsfan1977

Thoughts on this SEC bust?
Players are allowed to get better and develop. He is way better than he was at Auburn.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Anyway, there are as many as 12 QBs that could go in the 1st 3 rounds next year. It's one of the deepest QB classes in history. I think it would be smart to draft one as insurance regardless of how Fields plays this year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Players are allowed to get better and develop. He is way better than he was at Auburn.
The point is that most QB’s that take a long time to develop in college usually don’t end up being elite or even good in the NFL.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So I’m on the USC message boards and their fans are complaining that CW can’t read a defense and holds onto the the ball too long. Seems they complain about this often prior to today. Doesn’t handle pressure well either
I guess it wasn't just one game against my favorite college team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am of two schools of thought:
1. It is better for this franchise if Justin Fields is a legit QB
2. Should you need to draft a QB, I am not convinced Caleb Williams is the guy.
The Bear may already like their current backup QB as well.