Kane's injury

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I've watched the video of Kane's injury over and over, and, the more I watch it, the more I'm inclined to think a penalty should have been called. What do you guys think? Looked like the stick was poked between his legs and the Flamer rammed Kane's legs with his....and all after the puck was well gone...

Reports on Twitter indicate he's out 4-6 weeks...hoping that's not the case...

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know, im sure i'd be up in arms had we lost the game, but its not like we didnt get our fair share of power plays last night.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I don't know, im sure i'd be up in arms had we lost the game, but its not like we didnt get our fair share of power plays last night.

I don't disagree with the fact that the whistle was being blown (a lot!!) both ways. I'm just saying it seemed the defender jammed his stick (purposely or not) between Kane's legs and rammed him into the boards with his legs.

supraman

Liked Posts:
As much as Sariach is a dirty POS I don't think it was penalty.

Demon

Liked Posts:
No penalty. Sucks that Kane is injured, but it was a clean hit.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
No penalty. Sucks that Kane is injured, but it was a clean hit.

It was a very physical game last night. Very chippy. The hit was nothing major, just Kaner went into the boards awkward.

Seems the Hawks are going to find out just how good the farm club/depth they have is?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It looked to me like per normal penalty-calling, it should have been 2 for tripping.

But this is the NHL, where consistancy is not important. Either way, at most I'd have said 2 for tripping and have been done with it.

rugbygizmo

Liked Posts:
man.. that injury looked bad.. primarily based on the fact he could barely get donwstairs after exiting the ice. hope it's not 4-6 weeks.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
man.. that injury looked bad.. primarily based on the fact he could barely get donwstairs after exiting the ice. hope it's not 4-6 weeks.

4-6 weeks would be good news considering how bad it looked.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Penalty for what? Tripping maybe? I guess, technically. Regardless, Kane has to protect himself better in that situation. Bailing out like he did and turning his back to the defender put him in an extremely awkward and vulnerable position. If he just skates through the hit along the boards, he's probably not out 4-6 weeks right now. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
No Penalty was warranted. If one was called I wouldn't have been upset. If there was more then a 2 minute that would have been excessive. All of that don't matter anyhow. Kaner is injured.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elliotte Friedman of the CBC tweets 4-6 weeks, but it might just be repeating the rumors from earlier.

R K

I do but was asked to not say anything so I haven't. Not sure what the secret is. I would have thought the Hawks would have said something to the Fans and or Media yesterday.

ANY OTHER FUCKING SPORT lets it out.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I do but was asked to not say anything so I haven't. Not sure what the secret is. I would have thought the Hawks would have said something to the Fans and or Media yesterday.

ANY OTHER FUCKING SPORT lets it out.

Looked like his ankle to me.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go with it being his knee, as the injury looked very similar to the one Toews suffered against the Kings. Ankle sprains, unless really severe, aren't typically a set "4-6 weeks". Last time Crosby had the high ankle sprain, it was initially 2-4 weeks or something like that. Four to six weeks, that just sounds like knee territory, unless something's broken? I really have no clue though(in case you couldn't tell).

R K

It's not his knee.

And Pez, Crosby missed 26 games due to his ankle. Far more than 2-4 weeks. He played 52 games that year.