Kane's injury

Xhockeygoon10

Liked Posts:
Sorry, the papers and news made it sound like Kane was just put on IR on Sunday. In reality he was put on IR sometime right after he re-injured his ankle and it's been over seven days, that were the retro comes into play. He was listed as out indefinitely in the TSN injury reports.....never mind....
<

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sorry, the papers and news made it sound like Kane was just put on IR on Sunday. In reality he was put on IR sometime right after he re-injured his ankle and it's been over seven days, that were the retro comes into play. He was listed as out indefinitely in the TSN injury reports.....never mind....
<

Actually, he was just put on IR,. they did it retroactive to when he injured it originally. Teams are allowed to do this if they don't know how long the player is going to originally be out. He wasn't put on IR originally in hopes that he would be able to come back faster. When he hit the 7 day threshold it didn't matter he'd already hit the IR time and so they put him down retroactive to the injury. That's probably more confusing. But let's just say he was hurt and put on IR and will play tomorrow.

EbonyRaptor

Liked Posts:
Actually, he was just put on IR,. they did it retroactive to when he injured it originally. Teams are allowed to do this if they don't know how long the player is going to originally be out. He wasn't put on IR originally in hopes that he would be able to come back faster. When he hit the 7 day threshold it didn't matter he'd already hit the IR time and so they put him down retroactive to the injury. That's probably more confusing. But let's just say he was hurt and put on IR and will play tomorrow.

It seems likely that Kane was put on IR to open a roster spot for Toivenen to be called up from Rockford to be Turco's backup last night for the Columbus game because Crawford was sick and couldn't play. There is a 23 man roster limit and Toivenen would have been the 24th player on the active roster - hence Kane moved off the active roster to provide the roster spot. Toivenen will be sent back to Rockford and Kane will be taken off IR and all will be right with the world ... OK, so I exagerate.

nana

Liked Posts:
It seems likely that Kane was put on IR to open a roster spot for Toivenen to be called up from Rockford to be Turco's backup last night for the Columbus game because Crawford was sick and couldn't play. There is a 23 man roster limit and Toivenen would have been the 24th player on the active roster - hence Kane moved off the active roster to provide the roster spot. Toivenen will be sent back to Rockford and Kane will be taken off IR and all will be right with the world ... OK, so I exagerate.

No exaggeration... all will indeed be right with the world when PK returns. Don't ever apologize for telling the truth.
<

I am so excited to see the team healthy again. Hossa looked nasty upon his return last night, was great to see. You heard it here first... look for some upcoming filth from Kane to make up for lost time.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming Kane is back tomorrow, is this the first time the Hawks have all the regulars in the lineup this season?

nana

Liked Posts:
Assuming Kane is back tomorrow, is this the first time the Hawks have all the regulars in the lineup this season?

I thought towards the end of November they were very briefly (blink and you missed it) there, maybe with just Pisani with an injury? You are right though, with Campbell, Bolland, Hossa, & Kane all having significant injury time this is a huge opportunity for the Hawks.

ETA: and Hossa seemed to be playing through an injury earlier maybe... but if last night is any indication, he is feeling good and is about to go on a tear...

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
I thought towards the end of November they were very briefly (blink and you missed it) there, maybe with just Pisani with an injury? You are right though, with Campbell, Bolland, Hossa, & Kane all having significant injury time this is a huge opportunity for the Hawks.

ETA: and Hossa seemed to be playing through an injury earlier maybe... but if last night is any indication, he is feeling good and is about to go on a tear...

as long as it's not his shoulder.