Kaplan: Bears stole Nagy from the Colts

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I still dont like fhe fact Nagy chose to prepare for the bear interview over preparing for the playoff game. That does not sit well for me. Reid ends up taking over play calling and the Chiefs choke away yet another playoff game. Yeah, we got the guy, but what kind of man is he?

the head coach told him to prepare the first 15 plays.. he did that and did it very well.. The head coach also said that he was going to call the rest of the plays that game.. What would you have Nagy do? How do you know that Nagy wasn't also prepared to call the rest of the game?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy scripted the 1st 15 plays and the interview was Ok'd 1st. He did nothing wrong and got them a big lead. What did you expect to happen in the 2nd 1/2? Hey Reid, you suck, hand over the mic. Reid should have asked him to take over play calling by the 4th quarter once he realized he lacked a feel for this game. By that time Nagy would have also seen enough of what the D was doing to call his game. I'm sure that KC fans feel as you do but this is on Reid and play calling his own O shouldn't be that difficult.

The difference in success rate tells me that Nagy is better at reading D's, making them adjust and sequencing. Speaks well for him as HC and understanding both sides of the ball. There was always a chance that when Nagy started calling play, it took teams by surprise but when the success stuck after a few games and what happened early in this game tells me it's deeper than that.

Bright side is that we already have our guy.:hi5:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Went on the colts form and they all seem to believe that this is fake.
I think they are just jealous.
http://forums.colts.com/topic/55737-colts-were-all-in-on-nagy/

They have a point but i'm sure Nagy was high on the Colts list and would have had his 2nd interview quickly. I suspect the 1st one went well. I really appreciate that Pace targeted his guy and left no doubt by moving very quickly and decisively. It also makes our DC situation much easier to navigate. The OC will be interesting as we could be waiting for someone.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
his alt is beside him
content_quads457996-china-education-quadruplets-with-numbers-on-heads.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But you stated the Bears might not even be able to get interviews with the top candidates and that Indy was definitely a more desirable landing spot...

Nagy and his agent disagree.

It is a very nice development.

The Andrew Luck situation is obviously worse in league circles than we thought.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
La Canfora said McD had his pick of the Colts or Bears....maybe he meant sloppy seconds......
He was cucked by the Bears and Colts. Hope he enjoys the colts

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
But I thought Bears were #5 out of the 6 top landing spots.....

Yeah, like I said, that was all nonsense. Bears tradition alone makes them a desirable spot. Add in a 2nd year, highly talented QB, and a young roster with room to grow, and the Bears were one of the best destinations.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It is a very nice development.

The Andrew Luck situation is obviously worse in league circles than we thought.

Or he decided this is a better job, city and opportunity regardless of Luck and his health. And that extension I told you Pace would get that would line up with his hire...
Just rubbing it in because you tend to make statements in the absolute that are nothing but conjecture.

However, I do enjoy your 50,000 mock off-season threads though too. It's time for "The 6th Choice City Miracle Off-Season."

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or he decided this is a better job, city and opportunity regardless of Luck and his health. And that extension I told you Pace would get that would line up with his hire...
Just rubbing it in because you tend to make statements in the absolute that are nothing but conjecture.

However, I do enjoy your 50,000 mock off-season threads though too. It's time for "The 6th Choice City Miracle Off-Season."

I never doubted Pace would get an extension, I said he doesn't deserve one.

I felt the Bears was the 3rd/4th best job available. Turns out it was likely the 3rd best job if they did beat out the Colts.