Kaplan: Bears stole Nagy from the Colts

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I never doubted Pace would get an extension, I said he doesn't deserve one.

I felt the Bears was the 3rd/4th best job available. Turns out it was likely the 3rd best job if they did beat out the Colts.

Nice little spin here but I certainly recall near the end of the season there was quite a bit of pessimism of how Pace wouldn't even be able to land an interview with the top candidates. Look likes he landed interviews with all of them and landed a highly respected figure for HC.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Nice little spin here but I certainly recall near the end of the season there was quite a bit of pessimism of how Pace wouldn't even be able to land an interview with the top candidates. Look likes he landed interviews with all of them and landed a highly respected figure for HC.
Thought there were some tweets out that Pace was praised for his interviews by the candidates. That he was very appealing. Maybe it was from no names, but saw it floating around here.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
It always surprises me that people think the Bears job would be a bad one. I get that the franchise has struggled with wins. That said, for as much grief as the McCaskeys get sometimes from fans, there's no evidence that they're weirdos like the Cleveland owner or Al Davis. Beyond that, it's a major market and a franchise with a rich history. A coach and/or QB that succeeds here has the chance to be beloved by a large fan base and write their ticket to loads of business ventures someday. Look how much Ditka is generally revered (he does get criticism too, but let's face it, he's still largely loved by the fan base). If you have confidence, get a long with Pace, see Trubisky's potential, plus love loads of cap space, then why not come to the Bears?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Thought there were some tweets out that Pace was praised for his interviews by the candidates. That he was very appealing. Maybe it was from no names, but saw it floating around here.

I'm talking about on this board there was a ton of pessimism. Someone go ahead and necro the thread but there were a bunch of threads on how the Bears HC position is bottom in the league with comments flying around that Pace wouldn't be able to get anyone. Turns out he interviewed everyone worthwhile and picked the top candidate that many liked on this board.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only thing the Bears have against them as a franchise is the mindless meddling of ownership in football related matters. It's been a problem here since George Halas died.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still dont like fhe fact Nagy chose to prepare for the bear interview over preparing for the playoff game. That does not sit well for me. Reid ends up taking over play calling and the Chiefs choke away yet another playoff game. Yeah, we got the guy, but what kind of man is he?

*stares at username*

*keeps scrolling*

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Yeah, like I said, that was all nonsense. Bears tradition alone makes them a desirable spot. Add in a 2nd year, highly talented QB, and a young roster with room to grow, and the Bears were one of the best destinations.

But Ryan Pace is an idiot and our roster is devoid of talent, no????

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
But Ryan Pace is an idiot and our roster is devoid of talent, no????
Welcome to the offseason, where shit said during the regular season never happened, the roster is full of talent, and the Bears are making the playoffs.

giphy.gif

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I wanted Shurmur, but that is only because he might be less of a risk, HOWEVER Nagy might be more reward, because Shurmur has already had a bite of the HCing apple and he did not do so well.

If the Colts also wanted Nagy, it is just further affirms that he was viewed as a good choice for the future.

None of this mean crap if we go out and win less than 8 games next year....

We won 3 last season and 5 this season. I think even 6 is a step in the right direction. Sure id like to see 8 but i also wish i could bang my neighbors super hot 19 year old daughter but thats not happening.

dawags

Liked Posts:
The McCaskeys are one of the least meddlesome owners in all of football. They know they are not football savvy so they even hire people like Acorssi to meddle for them.

CaimanTierraFL

Liked Posts:
So Pace out Ballard'ed Ballard. GatorMike must be beside himself.

Im not speaking for GLM but lets do examine some details

Who in 3 years has the worst GM record in the NFL?? Yes in 3 years who?

Pace or Ballard??

Um ha, thats what I thought....

FYI- Colts/Ballard never wanted Nagy this so funny, notice they haven't hired anybody? I know who it is!!

Just like everybody wanted Trubisky but nobody called 49ers...love these BS stories

BALLARD ALL DAY >>>>>> PACE

Rise

Liked Posts:
Im not speaking for GLM but lets do examine some details

Who in 3 years has the worst GM record in the NFL?? Yes in 3 years who?

Pace or Ballard??

Um ha, thats what I thought....

FYI- Colts/Ballard never wanted Nagy this so funny, notice they haven't hired anybody? I know who it is!!

Just like everybody wanted Trubisky but nobody called 49ers...love these BS stories

BALLARD ALL DAY >>>>>> PACE

Are you 90% sure though?

Suave Craig Conroy

Liked Posts:
Does someone have a link to the fact that Nagy was rescinded playcall duties in the playoffs? Not that i dont believe it but i havent seen any evidence of the claim either

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As were all the variables. Remember that the Colts have the 3rd pick in the draft and could always draft his replacement. It's not like they'd automatically be QB barren.

I don’t know what that would do to their cap situation. Do they cut Luck? Who would trade for him, especially given his salary? What happens? The Colts have a lot of other issues, too. Oh, and Jim Irsay. I don’t think the Colts job is as good as many believe. Especially Colt fans.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does someone have a link to the fact that Nagy was rescinded playcall duties in the playoffs? Not that i dont believe it but i havent seen any evidence of the claim either

Dude don't even bother getting wrapped up in that shit. Several people echoed this shit on social media and on radio. Nagy himself took the blame when asked in his press conference. In the end we will never know the truth. Reid and Nagy are loyal to eachother and are both falling on that sword. In the end all that matters is if he learned something from the failure. That is what life and coaching is after all. Learning from your failures.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Dude don't even bother getting wrapped up in that shit. Several people echoed this shit on social media and on radio. Nagy himself took the blame when asked in his press conference. In the end we will never know the truth. Reid and Nagy are loyal to eachother and are both falling on that sword. In the end all that matters is if he learned something from the failure. That is what life and coaching is after all. Learning from your failures.
Actually we do know the truth. I heard Hub orcish on the score tonight and he actually happened to be working the sidelines at the Kansas City game. He said that he directly saw Nagy as the one calling the plays. He said the reason Reid had a play sheet is because he's the damn head coach and of course he was going to have a play sheet.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk