KEK Packers DO get a first round pick for Rodgers!

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
It’s basically 2, 2nd rounders for Rodgers. If Rodgers is playing that many snaps, the Jets are likely going deep in the playoffs.

That was my thought as well.

If Rodgers plays a lot, the Jets are likely doing well, and it becomes a low first-rounder.

If he plays less than the 65%, the Jets aren't getting what they paid (dearly) for, and below .500, and it becomes a high second round pick.

Either way, it's likely somewhere between #20 and #44 or so. The kind of thing you maybe trade away for a Chase Claypool or such.

Just a guess.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Told you so..............................dumbass.

Serious question, was it all of the lead that you and your entire generation was exposed to that makes you such a senile cunt?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question, was it all of the lead that you and your entire generation was exposed to that makes you such a senile cunt?
Get over it. I was right again. I'm always right. No reason for idiotic pussies like you to act out.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually, it could end up being two (2) first round picks:

This represents an interesting trade package for the Packers, as the deal does not contain any protection for the Jets if Rodgers retires after this season. At the very least, Green Bay will receive two additional second-rounders for Rodgers. But the future Hall of Famer has played at least 65% of the Packers’ offensive snaps in all but two of his 15 seasons as a starter (excepting 2013 and 2017). That points to the Packers receiving the Jets’ 2024 first-rounder. Although Gutekunst said recently it would not require a first-round pick for the Packers to unload Rodgers, it looks more likely than not this deal will lead to a future first coming back to the Pack.

Seems like a lot for a 40-year-old quarterback.
They have to give up a 1st too. What part of that do you not understand?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
THEY DID IT!

I didn't think they could do it but they DID!

Jets give up a FIRST for ARRON ROGERS!

GUTE IS THE GOAT!
Technically true. The Jets also got a 1st round pick or they dropped 2 spots in the 1st round plus a 2nd and a kind of 3rd round pick (a 2024 2nd round pick is worth one less round in 2023 value) in 2023 - the value of a 7th round pick (swapping a 6th for a 5th). So the Packers basically got an extra 2023 2nd rounder, 3rd round, and late 4th rounder (value of moving up to 13 from 15) while losing the value of a 7th rounder.

Better than nothing but no multiple 1st rounders like some cheese-for-brains wanted us to believe.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
More along the lines of the Jets being r3tard3d. Jets roster is decent and Rodgers won’t make the SB contenders
Really?

The Jets were one non-embarrassingly bad QB from being Super Bowl contenders last year.

What makes you think that Rodgers cannot play above an embarrassingly bad level in 2023? Even at his worst in 2022, he was not as bad as the QB play from the Jets.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
*Was. Past tense.

The last few seasons, his chief accomplishment has been beating the Bears twice a season. Now, he can try his luck with the Bills.
Oh, really?

Sure, he sucked in 2022, but I was under the impression that Rodgers won his 2nd consecutive MVP award for the 2021 season, meaning he pretty much did not suck in 2021 and 2020.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Really?

The Jets were one non-embarrassingly bad QB from being Super Bowl contenders last year.

What makes you think that Rodgers cannot play above an embarrassingly bad level in 2023? Even at his worst in 2022, he was not as bad as the QB play from the Jets.
I believe you’re overstating how good their roster is. Yes their defense was in phenomenal but that offense regardless of QB wasn’t that good. Let’s see what happens now

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I believe you’re overstating how good their roster is. Yes their defense was in phenomenal but that offense regardless of QB wasn’t that good. Let’s see what happens now
There are some pretty good players on the offense, just not a lot. What I was saying is, because of that phenomenal defense, the Jets will be in most games. If Rodgers can play better than Wilson played last year, the Jets might be able to win some of those close games.

The Jets were blown out in only 4 games last year. Do you honestly want to tell me that Rodgers will play worse than Wilson played in 2022?

Could Rodgers have done better than Wilson in those 6 one TD games?

Losing those 4 blowouts and splitting those one TD loses would have netted them a 10-7 record which is respectable.

The Jets overpaid (but not by too much) for the chance to improve the weakest, and most important, position on the team with a player who was one year removed from winning back to back MVP awards.

Will he bounce back from 2022? Who know? But I think it is a worthwhile risk for a team that wants get into the playoffs.

If Rodgers reverts to MVP level play, the Jets would certainly be in the conversation for Super Bowl champs.

If he plays like 2022, the Jets would still have a chance of being a wildcard team because of the defense.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are some pretty good players on the offense, just not a lot. What I was saying is, because of that phenomenal defense, the Jets will be in most games. If Rodgers can play better than Wilson played last year, the Jets might be able to win some of those close games.

The Jets were blown out in only 4 games last year. Do you honestly want to tell me that Rodgers will play worse than Wilson played in 2022?

Could Rodgers have done better than Wilson in those 6 one TD games?

Losing those 4 blowouts and splitting those one TD loses would have netted them a 10-7 record which is respectable.

The Jets overpaid (but not by too much) for the chance to improve the weakest, and most important, position on the team with a player who was one year removed from winning back to back MVP awards.

Will he bounce back from 2022? Who know? But I think it is a worthwhile risk for a team that wants get into the playoffs.

If Rodgers reverts to MVP level play, the Jets would certainly be in the conversation for Super Bowl champs.

If he plays like 2022, the Jets would still have a chance of being a wildcard team because of the defense.
Don’t get me wrong, we’re on the same page as far as Rodgers being an upgrade over Wilson and even I think they have a shot to be a WC team but to me I wonder if Rodgers head and heart is even in it. Dude wanted to retire, I don’t know what kept him but he definitely wanted to hang it up. Maybe playing for a new team rejuvenates him but the Jets are an awful organization ?

Jets have a whole new receiving cord now with Rodgers getting two (correct me if I’m wrong) of the toys he wanted so we’ll see how it goes??‍♂️

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Really?

He’ll be fine regular season but he’ll choke in January…. Again

mecha

Liked Posts:
Don’t get me wrong, we’re on the same page as far as Rodgers being an upgrade over Wilson and even I think they have a shot to be a WC team but to me I wonder if Rodgers head and heart is even in it. Dude wanted to retire, I don’t know what kept him but he definitely wanted to hang it up. Maybe playing for a new team rejuvenates him but the Jets are an awful organization ?

Jets have a whole new receiving cord now with Rodgers getting two (correct me if I’m wrong) of the toys he wanted so we’ll see how it goes??‍♂️
not sharing the Hall of Fame moment with Brady. he's that much of a petty fuckwad. with how concentrated the HOF is with who goes in, I don't really see how they would let 2 quarterbacks from the same era in at the same time. Brady would go first based on the rings. if he makes millions more dollars on the way out then fuck it right. Packers still have to eat a big chunk of it to my understanding. I don't do the numbers, I thought I saw $40 million somewhere.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Perhaps the Bears can give Rodgers Tonyan for a 2nd rounder?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
THEY DID IT!

I didn't think they could do it but they DID!

Jets give up a FIRST for ARRON ROGERS!

GUTE IS THE GOAT!
Not sure I'd say that Gute is the GOAT, but one of the best GMs in the league, no doubt. He owned Joe Douglas(Jets GM) in this trade.

The picks are all great, but the fact that the Packers don't have to pick up ANY portion of the $59.5 million in guarantees owed to Aaron is outstanding work. Bravo!

And Aaron is also signing a revised contract to help the Packers cap.
Screenshot_20230424-191937_(1).png
If Aaron had stayed on roster his cap hit would have been $31.6 million. After the trade the hit is $40 million, which is dead money. After the trade the Packers cap space is at the moment about 13 million(had 22 mill in cap space before trade), but we will see where everything is at after Aaron signs to revise his contract. Thanks Aaron! Once a Packer, Always a Packer.

The good thing about taking all the dead money now is that the $40.31 cap hit in 2024 and the $59.3 million in 2025 is now completely off the books. Once through 2023, there won't be ANY salary cap impact from trading Rodgers.

11 picks total at present in the 2023 draft for Green Bay. 3 picks in the first 45 picks of the draft.

Should be a fantastic 3 days of the draft.

In Gute We Trust!

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Not sure I'd say that Gute is the GOAT, but one of the best GMs in the league, no doubt. He owned Joe Douglas(Jets GM) in this trade.

The picks are all great, but the fact that the Packers don't have to pick up ANY portion of the $59.5 million in guarantees owed to Aaron is outstanding work. Bravo!

And Aaron is also signing a revised contract to help the Packers cap.

If Aaron had stayed on roster his cap hit would have been $31.6 million. After the trade the hit is $40 million, which is dead money. After the trade the Packers cap space is at the moment about 13 million(had 22 mill in cap space before trade), but we will see where everything is at after Aaron signs to revise his contract. Thanks Aaron! Once a Packer, Always a Packer.

The good thing about taking all the dead money now is that the $40.31 cap hit in 2024 and the $59.3 million in 2025 is now completely off the books. Once through 2023, there won't be ANY salary cap impact from trading Rodgers.

11 picks total at present in the 2023 draft for Green Bay. 3 picks in the first 45 picks of the draft.

Should be a fantastic 3 days of the draft.

In Gute We Trust!

Um, you traded a multiple-time MVP QB one year too late and got rolled for it. Absolutely rolled. And you didn't even get fucked by the Jets. You got fucked by your own management.

You got a second round draft pick (you INSISTED that it would be at least one first, probably multiple first rounders--very WRONG). This year, your last year with Love before you either extend or cut him, will be shit because Love sucks and you will take on over $40 million in dead cap space money for that hideous contract your management gave Rodgers. Remember all the money created by modifying some existing player contracts into shit that will haunt your team for the next five years? It's already gone and you haven't resigned most of your OWN free agents yet, yet alone pay for your incoming rookies. So, forget about improving your terrible team with outside free agents. "The Packers suck." Get used to hearing that.

Now, think about what you'd have gotten if you'd traded Rodgers after coming off his MVP season. kek. You could've ass-fuck the Jets. Instead, your management ass-fucked you and gutted your team by not trading Rodgers a year ago. And all for a season where you didn't even go to the playoffs! As a Bears' fan, I can honestly say I hope your management never changes.