KEK Packers DO get a first round pick for Rodgers!

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Oh, really?

Sure, he sucked in 2022, but I was under the impression that Rodgers won his 2nd consecutive MVP award for the 2021 season, meaning he pretty much did not suck in 2021 and 2020.

Silly me - I thought it was about winning playoff games.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Packer nation was going to spin it either way, but the Packers are worse today than they were yesterday. Richard Sherman is absolutely correct that nobody will fear the Packers and Jordan Love doesn’t have the skill set to be anything more than a borderline NFL QB.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Packer nation was going to spin it either way, but the Packers are worse today than they were yesterday. Richard Sherman is absolutely correct that nobody will fear the Packers and Jordan Love doesn’t have the skill set to be anything more than a borderline NFL QB.

That's probably true, but then again, many thought Green Bay was doomed when they shipped Brett Favre off to the very same Jets,

How many good years does Rodgers have? That's unknowable, but he seems to be a fading star, better at the beginning of a season than he is at the end. I'm sure the Jets fans will love him while the weather is warm...Will they love him in December and January?

Time will tell.

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
many thought Green Bay was doomed when they shipped Brett Favre off to the very same Jets,
Pay them no mind. They are just trying to convince themselves of something. The reality is that they are scared shitless that J-Love will have a more successful career than Justin Fields.

As you say, "time will tell." And I have said many times, the actual truth will be told on the grass.

But they are totally panicked and think that if they type that the Packers are doomed and Jordan Love sucks enough times, that it will then magically become fact.

I do almost feel bad for some Bears fans. To have to deal with being associated with the pathetic sect of that base. I am glad to see that there are a few with some sense of reality, and comment here not just out of fear, jealousy, and panic.

Will be fun to see J-Love and Justin go at it on the grass.

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I can see the Packers turning into the LoLions 1996-2022

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Is there anything move overrated than the Packers defense? I keep hearing how great they are from ESPN and in reality they finished 17th in points allowed, 17th in yards allowed, 6th in passing yards allowed and 27th in rushing yards allowed.

They have a good pass defense and a below average rush defense and that equates to a middle of the road overall defense.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
That's probably true, but then again, many thought Green Bay was doomed when they shipped Brett Favre off to the very same Jets,

How many good years does Rodgers have? That's unknowable, but he seems to be a fading star, better at the beginning of a season than he is at the end. I'm sure the Jets fans will love him while the weather is warm...Will they love him in December and January?

Time will tell.

Rodgers was actually in the running for the # 1 pick when he declared for the draft. Packers reached for Love in the first round. Rodgers biggest advantage has always been his ability to read defenses and get the ball out quick and accurately. Love is nothing like this. In a way he is similar to Justin Fields.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
jets got fleeced in this trade. Hate to say it but predictably they approached these negotiations all wrong.

If Poles is ever looking to trade, he should only look to trade with these teams as they always give up too much

Browns
Jets
Raiders
Commanders

Lions have seemed to figured things out with the Stafford & Vikings trades.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Pay the them no mind. They are just trying to convince themselves of something. The reality is that they are scared shitless that J-Love will have a more successful career than Justin Fields.

As you say, "time will tell." And I have said many times, the actual truth will be told on the grass.

But they are totally panicked and think that if they type that the Packers are doomed and Jordan Love sucks enough times, that it will then magically become fact.

I do almost feel bad for some Bears fans. To have to deal with being associated with the pathetic sect of that base. I am glad to see that there are a few with some sense of reality, and comment here not just out of fear, jealously, and panic.

Will be fun to see J-Love and Justin go at it on the grass.

Looking forward to it!

I imagine at the same time there is trepidation in the north that Jordan Love may have a lesser career than Justin Fields, al foolish bravado aside. Green Bay has enjoyed an advantage at the QB position for years in the rivalry, that might be all over now.

I, too, am looking forward to see what transpires.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Rodgers was actually in the running for the # 1 pick when he declared for the draft. Packers reached for Love in the first round. Rodgers biggest advantage has always been his ability to read defenses and get the ball out quick and accurately. Love is nothing like this. In a way he is similar to Justin Fields.

I haven't seen Love over a seventeen-game season yet, so I can't really evaluate him fairly. It seems unlikely that he will be another Rodgers - We might not see another one of those in our lifetimes (although Mahomes and Burrow are pretty good). That doesn't mean he's automatically a bust, as some with perhaps wishful thinking are ready to pronounce him, it just means we don't really know yet how good he will or won't be.

As for Justin, it will be interesting to see if he takes a leap this year, perhaps with more talent around him than he has had before. If he does, and I suspect he will, the Bears can be good for a decade or so. If he plateaus or - God forbid - regresses, then the Bears are in trouble. I don't think that will be the case, however.

In the short term, I expect Love to be behind Fields in his development. In the long term, if they're both good, this rivalry might actually turn into a real rivalry.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Silly me - I thought it was about winning playoff games.
Silly you indeed. It is certainly not about winning playoff games.

Ask older Buffalo Bill fans about 4 consecutive years of winning the most playoff games possible without winning a single Super Bowl, how they feel about all of those playoff games that they won and about all 4 consecutive Super Bowls that they lost.

It is all about taking steps forward:
  1. First you clear up the dead wood, fix the cap problems and start developing your QB.
  2. Then it is about filling your roster with good players, developing your QB to become a good starter level, winning more games and possibly getting into the playoffs.
  3. Then it is about becoming a yearly playoffs participant and sometimes winning a playoff game or two.
  4. Then it is about becoming a true Super Bowl contender.
  5. Then it is about becoming a Super Bowl champion.
  6. The ultimate is becoming THE yearly Super Bowl favorite who wins multiple Super Bowls.
Now the steps do not necessarily need to be yearly steps. Several of them can happen in the same year. Some may take longer.

Sometimes, the steps are altered a bit.

KC is an excellent example of this. They built the system with an older QB. Once it was blossoming, they lucked into getting the possible future GOAT QB and allowing him a year to learn the system. KC was already at step 4 above when Mahomes came along and, after one year, took the team to level 6.

Sadly, the Bears just completed step 1. This year hopefully is step 2 and the Bears either make the playoffs as a wildcard team or have a marked improvement.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Silly you indeed. It is certainly not about winning playoff games.

Ask older Buffalo Bill fans about 4 consecutive years of winning the most playoff games possible without winning a single Super Bowl, how they feel about all of those playoff games that they won and about all 4 consecutive Super Bowls that they lost.

It is all about taking steps forward:
  1. First you clear up the dead wood, fix the cap problems and start developing your QB.
  2. Then it is about filling your roster with good players, developing your QB to become a good starter level, winning more games and possibly getting into the playoffs.
  3. Then it is about becoming a yearly playoffs participant and sometimes winning a playoff game or two.
  4. Then it is about becoming a true Super Bowl contender.
  5. Then it is about becoming a Super Bowl champion.
  6. The ultimate is becoming THE yearly Super Bowl favorite who wins multiple Super Bowls.
Now the steps do not necessarily need to be yearly steps. Several of them can happen in the same year. Some may take longer.

Sometimes, the steps are altered a bit.

KC is an excellent example of this. They built the system with an older QB. Once it was blossoming, they lucked into getting the possible future GOAT QB and allowing him a year to learn the system. KC was already at step 4 above when Mahomes came along and, after one year, took the team to level 6.

Sadly, the Bears just completed step 1. This year hopefully is step 2 and the Bears either make the playoffs as a wildcard team or have a marked improvement.

So, it's not about winning?

I beg to differ.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So, it's not about winning?

I beg to differ.
You must have shit for brains.

I gave you a perfect example of how the ultimate goal is not winning playoff games, but rather Super Bowls.

So, no, it is not about winning. It is about winning the Super Bowl. Ask any fan base of the 56 losing Super Bowl teams how they feel about their Super Bowl season and they will tell you that they are disappointed.

I then gave you the steps on how to do that, but I must have used too big of words for you to understand.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
jets got fleeced in this trade. Hate to say it but predictably they approached these negotiations all wrong.

If Poles is ever looking to trade, he should only look to trade with these teams as they always give up too much

Browns
Jets
Raiders
Commanders

Lions have seemed to figured things out with the Stafford & Vikings trades.
Don't forget to add "any team where Pace is part of the decision making".

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
You must have shit for brains.

I gave you a perfect example of how the ultimate goal is not winning playoff games, but rather Super Bowls.

So, no, it is not about winning. It is about winning the Super Bowl. Ask any fan base of the 56 losing Super Bowl teams how they feel about their Super Bowl season and they will tell you that they are disappointed.

I then gave you the steps on how to do that, but I must have used too big of words for you to understand.

If there is a way to win the Super Bowl without winning playoff games, please illustrate it.

Nothing perfect about your post, unless long-winded gibberish is what you consider perfect.

You sound like a Lions fan.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If there is a way to win the Super Bowl without winning playoff games, please illustrate it.

Nothing perfect about your post, unless long-winded gibberish is what you consider perfect.

You sound like a Lions fan.
You have to be the STUPIDIST poster on here.

Congratulations, shit-for-brains.