Kellen Mond

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mond- inaccurate check down artist that struggles against top D's. His own fan base at TAMU knows this.

Bears fans here- draft him because high because he's a QB and it will save Pace's job.

Fucking clown world.

This is what it comes down to. Drafting Mond or Trask is a waste of an early draft pick. They do not have the physical or mental tools to succeed in the NFL. If I end up being wrong, that’s fine. But I don’t think there’s really any chance of that.

Drafting one of them because “ZOMG QUARTERBACK!!” is foolish.

Unless one of the top 5 QBs falls to a spot you can trade up to, just wait until next year. That’s cool if others disagree. That’s fine.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This is what it comes down to. Drafting Mond or Trask is a waste of an early draft pick. They do not have the physical or mental tools to succeed in the NFL. If I end up being wrong, that’s fine. But I don’t think there’s really any chance of that.

Drafting one of them because “ZOMG QUARTERBACK!!” is foolish.

Unless one of the top 5 QBs falls to a spot you can trade up to, just wait until next year. That’s cool if others disagree. That’s fine.
Davis Mills looks very comfortable in the pocket (keeps his eyes up field when he is on the move) and can pick up a first down with his legs if he needs to. Hopefully that is the QB Pace targets.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let me hazard a guess and say the problem with this board is closed minded assholes who aren't interested in talking objectively about prospects. JFC, tolerate an opinion will you.

There's actual tape to talk about if you want to look at his deep ball, but nah. Let's reference opinions on TAMU boards. No quotes, just vague references and a whole lot of outrage. Seriously, just fuck off.
Actually dipshit there is plenty of tape that exposes his serious limitations as a QB. You've just chosen to ignore it because you are another one of those idiots hell bent on drafting a QB just to draft a QB.
Go find a scouting report on him that says he can consistently hit the deep ball. I'll save you the time-- you won't. Now go get fucked cunt

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Let me ask you guys a question:

With the benefit of hindsight, would it have been better for the Bears to have drafted Trubisky in 2017, or a non-quarterback?

Forget Mahomes and Watson. Your only choices, looking back, are Trubisky or a non-quarterback. Which one would’ve been better for the Bears’ franchise?

Probably the non-quarterback. But why?! Trubisky gave the Bears hope! AND HE WAS A QUARTERBACK!!

Because he set the Bears franchise backwards.

My point isn’t that the Bears shouldn’t have drafted a quarterback. My point is that drafting the wrong quarterback can set your shitty historic franchise back even further than it already is.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:

“SUMMARY

It is tough to get too excited over Mond's profile as a "diamond in the rough" type. His accuracy numbers were mostly mediocre and there is no clear area where he shines above his peers. Many of Mond's best areas were slightly above-average, not stellar. In turn, any belief in Mond as a potential starter down the road is going to have to be film-based and under the assumption that Mond can iron some things out. Considering he did make strides in his processing and decision making in his final year under HC Jimbo Fisher, perhaps there is some reason to believe that development can continue.

Even still, Mond's best and final season was filled with inconsistencies and it is tough to imagine a player who runs so hot and cold will suddenly stop doing so in the NFL. The range of outcomes for Mond is somewhere between Josh Dobbs and a significantly watered-down Ryan Tannehill. That is not enough for Mond to be worth a top-75 pick, but perhaps towards the back end of the third round or during the early portion of Day 3 is fine. “

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Pace has to draft a QB this draft. Like Windy said, you have to give Bear fans something to look forward to. Imagine if Dalton sucks out of the gate or goes down early, what a mess Pace would be in. He is drafting a QB early this year, within the first 3 rounds. I like Davis Mills in the 2nd round. I would not be surprised if this is the year Pace trades down to try to acquire another 2nd or 3rd rd pick (Draft OT, WR, QB and CB with 4 picks within the first 3 rounds).
Pace's job isn't to do what the fans want him to do, it's to win games. Your opinion of what he should do may or may not coincide with that.

Let's be honest. No matter what Pace does, people will be there to bitch and moan about it while still watching the Bears anyway. If/when he gets fired, people will be there to talk about how we now have hope, until 4 years later when they go back to bitching and moaning about how much the new guy sucks. And all the while, they'll still be watching the Bears and posting about them on message boards.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our starter is a meh 12 year vet. Of course we need a young QB.