Kellen Mond

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Mond, Newman, Mills, no matter who you would pick they are all projects. Mond due to his college starting experience probably is the safest pick while Mills and Newman have more upside. At this point I would hope Nagy/Pace would take one to develop.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Does PACE, not you or me, but does Pace get trigger happy and take Mond at 20?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Newman is likely around later. Mond, Mills, Trask all gone by 4. Trask may go last of the lot.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wonder where Mond would fall with this decision tree.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Does PACE, not you or me, but does Pace get trigger happy and take Mond at 20?
I don't think the QB is Pace's pick............I think it is Nagy's. I don't see the Bears taking any QB at 20, more likely a WR or OT.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think the QB is Pace's pick............I think it is Nagy's. I don't see the Bears taking any QB at 20, more likely a WR or OT.

Agreed. Looking more like the bears won't have a shot at any of these top 5. That means there should be a very good OT/WR prospect sitting at #20.

They'll take a QB in the 2nd/3rd and if he looks like shit they can still take another next year in the first.

Potzi323

Liked Posts:
I’m a big fan of Mond, but appreciate why others aren’t. But if the bears could somehow grab an OT in the 1st, QB (Mond) in the 2nd and some form of WR or CB talent in the 3rd I would be very happy with that as progress. Factor in that they will likely have a decent pick next year with Dalton as QB1 and they could really start to build.

Better yet trade back in the 1st and somehow get the above with an additional pick would be even better IMO

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

One thing I’ll say is that this dude likes to talk.
I just can't get a read on him...
His game in the Orange Bowl wasn't great but his line looked like the Bears in that game where he was constantly running for his life.... I've seen other games where he was hot and dropping dimes 30 yards down the field

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I realize everyone’s sick of the Bears not taking quarterbacks, not taking swings.

But looking at how the Bears are unlikely to get one of the top guys this year and looking at this upcoming season’s schedule, wouldn’t you guys rather the Bears go BPA and shore up their line, and just take a crack at a better QB next year when they’ll be drafting earlier?

I think I’d rather have a 2022 top tier QB than a 2021 second tier QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Newman is likely around later. Mond, Mills, Trask all gone by 4. Trask may go last of the lot.
After yesterday Trask has probably re-established himself as a strong contender for best of the rest.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I realize everyone’s sick of the Bears not taking quarterbacks, not taking swings.

But looking at how the Bears are unlikely to get one of the top guys this year and looking at this upcoming season’s schedule, wouldn’t you guys rather the Bears go BPA and shore up their line, and just take a crack at a better QB next year when they’ll be drafting earlier?

Next years crop won't be nearly this strong and guys like Mills with another year and Trask would likely be 1st rounders. It's actually a great year to take a shot outside of one.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
TAMU board posters are not big fans on Mond. They all discuss his inaccuracy issues, especially on intermediate and deep throws. How many college QB's go on to be successful in the pro's that their own college fan bases didnt care for?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

I get it, but the reality is we have kicked the can so many years that it has become tradition. What if we go 8-8 again and make the playoffs again and end up pick right about in the same area, then we are looking at being out of the picture for one of the top tier QBs in 2022, AGAIN. I understand that the schedule looks harder, but every year, on paper never fully reflects reality.

The reason I would like us to take a shot at getting a QB THIS year is because of two reasons really.

1. Development, if a 1st round QB is ever going to get an opportunity to sit for a year and learn it would be this year with 2 vets (currently) to mentor him.

2. A quality starting Tackle can be found in the 2nd or even 3rd round.

In a perfect world for me, we have a top ten player drop to us at 20, we take that player, then we trade back into the first round to take a developmental QB.

If Mond and Trask both are still on the board at 28 or 29, then I hope that Pace makes his move and tries to land one of them.