Kellen Mond

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
For whatever it' worth, Mond is the only QB other than Lawrence to come close to hitting Bill Parcels criteria for drafting a QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For whatever it' worth, Mond is the only QB other than Lawrence to come close to hitting Bill Parcels criteria for drafting a QB.

I’d be curious to know if Parcells QB criteria has stood the test of time? I’m guess not.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mond scares me a bit. He could boom or bust. That's not the scary part. The scary bit is that he could do either from week to week and put you in QB purgatory for years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes didn't.

Texas Bear Fan

Liked Posts:
Again, not interested in Collin 2.0. If you want to play football great, if you want to spend time being a political activist then that’s probably what you need to do.
Both my boys graduated from A&M. Been watching Mond for 3 years now. He does NOT have the "IT" factor. Lackluster approach to the game and a locker room cancer. That means Pace will probably move up in the draft to get him...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Both my boys graduated from A&M. Been watching Mond for 3 years now. He does NOT have the "IT" factor. Lackluster approach to the game and a locker room cancer. That means Pace will probably move up in the draft to get him...

Lackluster approach to the game and a locker room cancer.

So if he was a "locker room cancer" then where are the articles verifying this? Are there articles that say his teammates didn't
like him. I'm asking cuz this is the first time Ive heard this

Texas Bear Fan

Liked Posts:
So if he was a "locker room cancer" then where are the articles verifying this? Are there articles that say his teammates didn't
No one is going to write about how a 20 year old kid with a top ranked team has lost respect of his teammates. Try and get another player to go on record. Try and write an article like that and then cover the team again. It's like being a conservative at the NY Times. A very short career.

R&S, do you live near A&M? Do you have dozens of friends that are A&M fans and have close ties to the university? Finally, have you watched 30ish games with Mond playing?

Plus, the article you referenced was a fluff piece talking about how Mond's talent was showcased and how he improved his draft position. I don't dispute his talent. Never have. Hell, when he's on it's a thing of beauty. But there are a hundred quarterbacks out there that have good game tape. We need a strong leader not a head case.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

No one is going to write about how a 20 year old kid with a top ranked team has lost respect of his teammates. Try and get another player to go on record. Try and write an article like that and then cover the team again. It's like being a conservative at the NY Times. A very short career.

R&S, do you live near A&M? Do you have dozens of friends that are A&M fans and have close ties to the university? Finally, have you watched 30ish games with Mond playing?

Plus, the article you referenced was a fluff piece talking about how Mond's talent was showcased and how he improved his draft position. I don't dispute his talent. Never have. Hell, when he's on it's a thing of beauty. But there are a hundred quarterbacks out there that have good game tape. We need a strong leader not a head case.

I was just trying to get more info. cuz I'd never heard all this negativity about him until tonight. I've seen a few games.
It just seems like every yr. ( and I've followed football for decades).........there seems to be negative stories coming out about certain players as the draft nears.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No need to get defensive, emotional and re-direct this back on me negatively. You made the initial comment. Right??
So why wouldn't you be open to explaining your rationale as to "tie-ins" of Kellen Mond to Henry Burris?
If I made a Qb comparison, I'd have no problem explaining it. But...It's cool if u wanna take a pass. No pun intended.

:)

How about Dobbs comp?

Dobbs tennessee

For the heck of it....Lets say Steve Grogan:)

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Dobbs tennessee

For the heck of it....Lets say Steve Grogan:)

from the linked Walter Football article

Player Comparison: Josh Dobbs. Some team source see Mond as a poor man's Colin Kaepernick, and others think he is a better version of Josh Dobbs. Dobbs (6-3, 216) and Mond are similar in size and possess some athleticism to go with arm strength. Dobbs was a fourth-round pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, and Mond could go in that range in the 2021 NFL Draft. Dobbs' limitations as a passer lead to him being a NFL backup, and Mond could follow a similar career track.