Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's been a decent predictor for QBs. Obviously it's not perfect.
less so of late. There's 7 or 4 criteria depending on which version you use.
7 rule:

1. Be a three-year starter
2. Be a senior in college
3. Graduate from college
4. Start 30 games
5. Win 23 games
6. Post a 2-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio
7. Tally a completion rate of 60 percent or higher

2021 draft Quarterback rankings according to Bill Parcells’ criteria

1. Trevor Lawrence (6/7)
  2. Kyle Trask (4/7)
  3. Zach Wilson & Mac Jones (3/7)
  4. Justin Fields and Trey Lance (2/7)
I think the 3rd group there are as likely to be successful starters as any of the others.

Here's the 4 criteria version:

• He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
  • He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
  • He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as "the guy" for some period of time.
  • He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.
Thee guys hit 2 of those 4.

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Ben Roethlisberger

He's not wrong to like the things he likes but some of it is tail wagging dog stuff.

Here's current QBs drafted in the last 15 years that meet all the criteria.
Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota, Robert Griffin III, Tim Tebow, and Matt Leinart. Parcells said he would include Teddy Bridgewater because he graduated.

He likes QBs that get a lot of starts and wins. We all do. Everyone drafted in one will have a 2-1 INT ratio and 60% completion ratio.

Texas Bear Fan

Liked Posts:
[/QUOTE]

How do you think he would fare outside of Texas?
[/QUOTE]

My prediction is Mond will be a 7 year back up with flashes of all that great talent. But as he gets older and his bank account gets bigger, his interest and commitment to football will fade. But those flashes of talent will make GM's and coaches take the risk for a few years.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What do some of you more football intelligent members of CCS think of him? I've seen some of him and I like his game quite a lot. He throw wells underneath, he can run the PA/RPO well, he's got great experience as he was a 4 year starter, he's a good athlete, he throws well over the middle, and he's got a good arm. He struggles to throw deep and outside accurately, but he can hit those throws he's just got to be more consistent with them. He's gotten better each year as well.

I like him in the 2nd round, but I love him in the 3rd. The dream for me would be Darrisaw in the 1st, Terrace Marshall in the 2nd, and Kellen Mond in the 3rd.

You roll with Dalton this season, get shit stomped (probably) while young guys like Kmet/Mooney/Montgomery/Darrisaw/Mond develop. Then you roll into 2022 with a high pick and you could nab a top QB and then go defense, or you can just go straight defense if you're confident in Mond.
We're not getting shit stomped. We're an 8-8 team with Dalton and without Fuller

jerkstore

Liked Posts:

[/QUOTE]

My prediction is Mond will be a 7 year back up with flashes of all that great talent. But as he gets older and his bank account gets bigger, his interest and commitment to football will fade. But those flashes of talent will make GM's and coaches take the risk for a few years.
[/QUOTE]

But do you think the leadership red flags would be relevant in a more progressive situation?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Don't forget Texas A&M is a social and cultural dumpster fire where you get reprimanded for walking on the grass in the quad and harangued by fans singing ridiculous chants and by their male cheerleaders who are super sensitive so you have to call them 'yell leaders.'

Also, hook 'em bitches.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Don't forget Texas A&M is a social and cultural dumpster fire where you get reprimanded for walking on the grass in the quad and harangued by fans singing ridiculous chants and by their male cheerleaders who are super sensitive so you have to call them 'yell leaders.'

Also, hook 'em bitches.

The Eyes of Texas are Upon You

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Eyes of Texas are Upon You
Always.

Although I couldn't give a shit about the song. When I went there I couldn't believe how worked up people got over I've been working on the railroad.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

wow so you've got his career planned out b4 he ever takes a NFL snap. Look can u supply the winning #'s for the next few drawings on the ILL Mega Millions Lotto. Thanks

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I see a lot of Dak in this guy. Ton of experience, lots of tools and seems to be dismissed for some reason... I would love to see the Bears get this guy. I’ve read countless posts ripping Nagy and his ability to develop a QB. He’s the head coach. The head coach is the CEO/big picture guy. Coordinators and position coaches develop the players that are drafted. His development would be on Lazor and Flip. Dalton would help too because he’s not above mentoring a young player.

KC developed Mahomes. Nagy and Smith had a big part in that process. I know this is blasphemy because Nagy is the worst coach in history even though he is 28-20 and has taken his team to the playoffs in two of his three years as a first time head coach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t care about his politics. I just care whether he can play ball. I don’t know much about him honestly.

As an aside, I do find it ironic that athletes who make or will make millions playing a game say some pretty ridiculous and empirically false things about this country that is so structurally ‘evil.’ All while (NBA) reaping benefits from a country like China with concentration camps and a closed society. Not saying they shouldn’t, it just always stuck me as paradoxical.

But whatever, I hope Mond has all the success he can achieve, especially if he is a Bear.

You can find people that say pretty ridiculous and empirically false things about this country regardless of if they play a sport or not. Their salary has nothing to do with it..... I have no idea why it's always brought into play. There are people that believe dumb and false shit that are millionaires and poor as fuck. (of all politcal beliefs)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see a lot of Dak in this guy. Ton of experience, lots of tools and seems to be dismissed for some reason... I would love to see the Bears get this guy. I’ve read countless posts ripping Nagy and his ability to develop a QB. He’s the head coach. The head coach is the CEO/big picture guy. Coordinators and position coaches develop the players that are drafted. His development would be on Lazor and Flip. Dalton would help too because he’s not above mentoring a young player.

KC developed Mahomes. Nagy and Smith had a big part in that process. I know this is blasphemy because Nagy is the worst coach in history even though he is 28-20 and has taken his team to the playoffs in two of his three years as a first time head coach.

Agreed!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the guy and would absolutely take a flyer on him. His biggest issue for me is that he seems to run hot and cold. Don't know if that's actually true or a bad rap. Certainly a lot more experience than Mills, a guy no one has seen enough of. I really want Pace to take a QB in the 1st 2 days this year.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the guy and would absolutely take a flyer on him. His biggest issue for me is that he seems to run hot and cold. Don't know if that's actually true or a bad rap. Certainly a lot more experience than Mills, a guy no one has seen enough of. I really want Pace to take a QB in the 1st 2 days this year.
Exactly this

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No way the Bears draft goes as well as Jahns thinks. Absolutely no way.

Which guys do you believe are not in a reasonable slot? Certainly the first four picks are realistic.